It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody watch 60 minutes with Julian Assange & WikiLeaks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I just watched 60 minutes on CBS. They has Assange on and interviewed him from his house arrest home.

I definitely felt like the old guy with the sunken face (the narrator) was putting a negative spin on the story. He kept trying to hype up Assange as being WikiLeaks & gaining some sort of sick pleasure as a sick person, and Assange kept trying to defer and say they're just trying to get the truth out there. It seemed like whenever

My favorite quote

He has a distrust of the MSM, for feeling like it goes along with what the gov't says.

Didn't he just prove that in the interview?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I just watched it on CBS as well. It seems like the narrator/interviewer was trying to really put him down, unlike 60 Minutes usually does, it seemed this time they were trying to hurt him more than question him about his actions and the actions of Wikileaks. I can't say I'm not surprised with CBS here, they are apart of the MSM, and apparently the MSM seems to think Assange is completely against them, so why not make him look like a bad person?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I agree wit you. But I believe Wallace(?) seemed a little nervous or something was just amiss with his facial gestures especially his upside down mouth. I still haven't decided about Assange as I am thinking 60/40 he is a disinfo agent. He is very articulate though. The interview could have been a "lets get him to slip up and incriminate himself on national TV." Or let's turn the political tide against him and get him to say he doesn't like the US. Or let's drive his cover a little deeper. I don't know. Like I said I can't make up my mind.
edit on 30-1-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Yeah, it seemed like they cut him off whenever he tried to make a point or interjected. I thought it started out okay but then

To quote a family member who was watching it with me:

I didn't realize WikiLeaks was an organization. I thought it was just Assange

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What's currently going on with Assanges situations ?
He hasn't been getting much publicity lately with all the global issues that have been occurring as of the last month.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by mossme89

I agree wit you. But I believe Wallace(?) seemed a little nervous or something was just amiss with his facial gestures especially his upside down mouth.

The interviewer's name is Steve Croft. That is his typical mannerism.

JA is my new hero. A modern day Robin Hood. He was clear about his mantra. Loosely paraphrased:
"We're not trying to save the whales, we'll just present the information and let the reader's decide about whaling."

They (Wikileaks) simply present raw data, they do not inject opinion.
edit on 30-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Thank you.

The interviewer's name is Steve Croft. That is his typical mannerism.

thank you for clarifying. I know JA seems so legitimate when he speaks. I really like the whaling analogy but I just cannot make up my mind.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kuriousThey (Wikileaks) simply present raw data, they do not inject opinion.
edit on 30-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

I'd like to believe that, but at the same time they pick and choose what to publish and when, not to mention redacting information which could harm people, so its not completely unbiased.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Is the interview posted on an uploaded video yet? I would really like to see it. I do not support those broadcast systems nor cable TV.

I believe WikiLeaks has made the stance of "putting the information in your hands---now you decide what you will do about it." They are non-commentary. It's up to us to decide and interpret. However, the news organizations that the info has been given to, do try to make commentary and I find it more and more slanted as they attempt to print more info making it a personal attack on Assange rather than delving into the real issues. What can you expect...Assange is dealing with media that is p*wned!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
At one point when the interviewer is talking about Assange, he says, "He believes large government organizations use secrecy to supress the truth" --- Really? Is this nothing more than a 'belief' people have? Not a fact, but just a belief?

"...and he distrusts the mainstream media for playing along." which they clearly are by not admitting the 'belief' mentioned above is clearly a fact that every adult knows.

mainstream media makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Is the interview posted on an uploaded video yet? I would really like to see it. I do not support those broadcast systems nor cable TV.

You can watch it here:

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I thought it was very biased. Typical "Sick em boy" from the U.S. government and it's puppet media.

I think they believed they were being subtle, but unless you know absolutely nothing about JA and wiki, it failed.
I did feel a bit of anger and disgust at the way a "journalist" proved they no longer have a shred of integrity and will do and say anything their told. Remember way back when they used to feign some neutrality...

new topics

top topics

join