It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe - Parallel Universes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hi All,

I was debating whether to put this in the TV or in Space Exploration... i think it belongs here and there will be interest in this forum but if not, Mods please move

Here is the full 44 minute clip of the History Ch series The Universe - Parellel Universes.

It's pretty interesting and something to get your grey matter thinking

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think there is a thread on this very subject in the UFO/Aliens section. The topic of discussion was "M Theory". I'll try to link you to it.

Edit: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-1-2011 by CDN King because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CDN King

ok thanks, sorry i didnt realise. Although in this forum i just posted it for it's scientific value.. not really to do with aliens as such.

The parallel things is crazy. I wonder if it's true and what my alternate self is doing?? perhaps im typing this very same reply at this very moment somewhere else.

The fact that every move or decision we make branches off into other dimensions or realities blows my mind as well, but if you think about it does make sense. I could get up right now and jump up and down, but then i could also choose not too, both these possibilites could be happening similtaniously ( im not jumping up and down though ) but perhaps in alternate reality i just did..... blows my mind

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
According to M Theory every possible outcome has happened in an alternate universe. Perhaps you were born with a disability, maybe you grew up to be leader of your country, or maybe you were not born at all. Every possibility that could ever have happened has happened in an alternate universe.

It truly is mind boggling to even think about. It makes you wonder how much the human race really knows about our surroundings.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

ah yes (M) Membrane theory, it is mind boggling.

Even time, it could all be happening at the same time. We think of time as being fluid and constantly moving but perhaps it's all still happening as speak. The past, present and the future.

It may help explain the credible pychics and even mediums.

It's good to think there is still so much we have to learn, but at the same time i wish we could hurry up and learn it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There is this thing called Quantum jumping that lets you jump from reality to reality it is only limited by what you think you can do or have done. It is not that hard to do, it is just a matter of understanding that you are no different than the other realities that are out there. You see we are all made of the same quantum atom and as such you are connected to all of your bullions of lives. You just need to allow this to be part of who you are and the rest will come to you it's not out of this wold we the others are and they are all real, you just need to try.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I always thought, if parallels exist, it would be why the universe was created.

Very simple thinking, if any possibility is a reality somewhere, then in one reality, there is nothing, so in the oppisite, there was everything.... Makes me think, could it be that simple? Is that why we can't grasp what nothing is, or what nothing would feel like. Nothing is zero, its nothing, but what is nothing? I don't know maybe its because it doesn't exist, for in our world, we are everything...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

We can't truly grasp nothing because in our world nothing is something. We are here to quantify what nothing is so therefore it has a value. To truly be nothing I assume there can be no "measuring devices" to give nothing a quantity.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yeah i know what you mean. I also find it interesting that why try to measure this phenomena with tools made and built in our reality or dimension and for our dimension...if that makes sense.

So we build tools and equipment as per our knowledge but they are only limited to measuring or quantifying what we can see and detect. The tools are made for this reality and dimension.

The other Dimensions or realities are totally different ball game....where do we start

As per that clip, Fermi is trying to detect missing gravitons or missing mass after the collisions so all we can really do is try to detect missing mass or mass / energy that has jumped. I also find the debate about blackholes interesting;

Hawking stated that after a blackhole dissapates it should take any trace of it's existence with it. Then other scientist argue this and are dumbfounded because they believe that all matter, mass or ''information'' can not be totally destroyed and there will always be a trace of it. So they argue and a dissagree with Hawking.

Is it just me or doed this seem stupid or that they are missing an obvious point. The question should always be where that information is going. The black hole leads somewhere, whether it's in the is dimension or universe or another somewhere else.

Of course the matter or information can just magically disappear, but they assume that there should be traces of it where the blackhole disapated. Instead they should be looking at the destination of that blackhole. Thats where the matter / information has gone.
edit on 31-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I've always believed the "white hole theory". It seems most logical working in correlation to the M Theory, in essence the black hole extends between two membranes where one end sucks matter into it and the other spits it out.

According to physicists matter cannot occupy the same space so it must be going somewhere. Perhaps this is how our universe was started, from the remenants of old universes.
edit on 31-1-2011 by CDN King because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yeah i only heard pf the whitehole thoery a couple days ago, it was actually on the The Universe series as well but a different episode. I am surprised i havent come across it before as i have a strong interest in the subject.

It does make sense though, the mass / matter is going somewhere, what i wonder is how it comes out at the other end, does it rematerlaise? Unlikely but still possible, perhaps it comes out as gas or ionised particles.

I've also thought about blackholes and that either have such a velocity due to gravtitional force that the matter may become super-luminal and travel vast distance in a very short amount of time, it may just become like a wormhole and the same things happens, the matter travels a vast amount of distance in a very short time. When i say vast, i mean very very vast - perhaps this is the reason we cant find white-holes or the other end of a black hole.

Or another option and one of my favourites is that anything going into a blackhole actually goes back in time. Using time dilation or reverse time dilation for that option.

I have posed the question before, that if we have time dilation then reverse or negative time dilation must also be possible. I used lightspeed as the benchmark and once lightspeed is acheived time stops... just look at photons they are basically ageless and at this point appear to go on forever untill the light source is extinguished - although the original photons will still continue on.

So then what if we eventually find out that super-luminal speeds are possible for matter or particles, would time then begin to reverse for that particle. I mean relative to that particle, if time reversed for an observer the particle would appear to begin to reverse or move backwards etc but if only the particle begins to reverse in time, it continues on but the space around it starts to reverse in time.

I had this disussion the other day and someone asked me that and said that if that was the case and a black hole was making matter super luminal and reverse in time then it would become a paradox of sorts because once the particle entered the black hole it would then reverse and move away from the black hole. But like i said earlier if the particle continues on and only the space around it starts to move back in time then from our persepctive the particles, photons, matter etc would just dissapear from sight.

top topics

join