It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Year Old Saves Father's Life - Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
We hear so much depressing news nowadays it's great to hear a story
with a happy ending:

www.msnbc.msn.com...?from=en-us_msnhp>1=43001
edit on 30-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What an amazing story! Must be difficult to teach a kid about 911 as they are apt to dial it for no reason. You know how kids are. This little kid saved his Dad's life. Wonderful!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
yes that is a cool story, and it is very nice to see a news video with a good ending.

However, and i hate to sound as if im trying to downplay this video, but I don't understand why "dad" wasnt able to call 911 himself. It was just one hand. His other hand is fine.

Now in an attempt to not make myself look so bad after that statement, I will say that if nothing else, it was still a good test run for the kid, and he did a very good job for only being 3 yrs old.
edit on 1/30/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/30/11 by BrokenCircles because: lol. was right the 1st time, then i hastily edited in a double negative.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
yes that is a cool story, and it is very nice to see a news video with a good ending.

However, and i hate to sound as if im trying to downplay this video, but I don't understand why "dad" wasnt able to call 911 himself. It was just one hand. His other hand is fine.

Now in an attempt to not make myself look so bad after that statement, I will say that if nothing else, it was still a good test run for the kid, and he did a very good job for only being 3 yrs old.
edit on 1/30/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/30/11 by BrokenCircles because: lol. was right the 1st time, then i hastily edited in a double negative.

Well it did say in the video that he hit an artery, which probably produced a lot of blood. He may have been trying to get his son away from that scene, or he just panicked, (his son said he told his dad to be calm in the second part of the video....) or didn't want to splatter blood all over the house if the phone was not nearby..

Regardless, it still is a remarkable accomplishment, and I think he is one smart kid, and his parents were wise in teaching him this basic procedure.

edit on 30-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Yes i agree, for a 3 yr old he did a great job of communicating and especially staying calm.

It was just that tourniquet, was the 1st thing that came to mind, after thinking that he was using his other hand to somewhat stop the bleeding. Also that kitchens are full of makeshift tourniquets. He could of then called himself, but maybe just dad was freaking out too much, while the kid was able to stay calm.

Its still a good story.
I wasn't trying to take anything away from it. That was just a thought/question that I had.

top topics

join