It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in extraterrestrial intelligences?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Do you believe those extraterrestrial intelligences visit planet Earth?
Can you explain why you believe?

I believe now…& I’ve always believed,
I believe based on the concept of infinity.
Until recently, I couldn’t explain my position.
After some extensive reading, here’s how I explain it…
We’re just infants in a Universe of an incredible age, crawling through the living room of our galaxy. Areas that currently appear infinite will become indefinitely smaller. The Universe will continuously shrink through the eyes of our perspectives. We’re floating through space and time in a Universe full of mystery and wonder, blind to our true existence. We exist in an infinite Universe with trillions of stars, which contains planets that likely supported life for billions of years; before we, “the Seed of Life” had ever been planted here on Earth.

By reason alone there are never ending societies, of infinitely wiser races of extraterrestrial beings, who’ve in all likelihood mastered concepts that we can’t even begin to imagine. There exist infinite scores of planets and species not completely unlike our own, that have evolved many millions of years beyond our time in existence; home to residents that have learned to fly through space and time, where we’re just learning to crawl.

If you’re capable of expanding your thoughts and self awareness enough to consider these possibilities, or that even just one planet in this infinite Universe has progressed enough to travel through space and time; (traveling the vast distances involved in visiting Earth) then you must realize in an ever-growing Universe, the same possibilities exist on an endless time-frame, within an infinite number of parallel circumstances. If you can visualize these basic concepts; then you must comprehend it’s more than possible, there are millions of civilizations within the vastness of infinity; and that we’ve been visited by a number of those species.

The perpetuity of time and space within the Universe must be abundant with life. There’s absolutely no way to refute the notion, if you can understand the true concept of the word. If you’re able to appreciate the significance of the theory; it changes everything. It opens up an ever-expanding realm of possibilities. Infinity defined is: a limitless measurement of time, space, distance, and/or direction…

Limitless… It insinuates that in an infinite number of directions from the point at which you’re sitting right now; you could head in an infinite distance, in any of those infinite directions. Infinity means: in any one of those directions, you’ll encounter parallel time and space, over an infinite time-line. (In any one direction) Direction is also an infinite possibility without limits or restraints. Infinity is infinite!

By logic alone, in infinity, you’ll encounter every conceivable possibility.

Hypothesis is borrowed by the link in the signature.
Click on the cover and read it for free

Why do you personally believe?
How can you not?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howtosurvive2012

1.) No cause there is no visual proof they exist. and one cant go just by stories.
2.)Same as above.

3.) I will believe it when I see it.
edit on 30-1-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

No. I believe that the UFO phenomenon is real, the entities are real, but they mystical and parapsychological in nature. Not biological and technological. They didn't evolve on another planet and develop technology and fly here in nuts n' bolts spaceships. They are from the Anima Mundi, the Pleroma, the Tao, the collective unconscious, or any of a number of other roughly equivalent terms.

But they are not from a mundane planet somewhere out there in outer space. They are as native to Earth as we are. The only thing they are alien to is the relatively tiny part of the human psyche that we call the conscious ego-self...which we tend to think of as the end-all-be-all of the psyche.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes I do. I don't think people truly understand how big the universe is, it's absolutely enormous! It's naive to think that someone out there there isn't an exact replica of our solar system. The planets might not be the same but the principle for life would be.

It's interesting to ponder about how these civilizations evolved, which stages of development they're at now and how they are advancing. Did they see a need for verbal communication? Maybe they evolved to incorperate some type of telepathic communication. Just think, somewhere out there in the vastness of space, there could be another being wondering exactly the same thing we are: "are we truly alone in the universe?".

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CDN King
I don't think people truly understand how big the universe is, it's absolutely enormous!

I understand how big the universe is. But, I don't think that people understand how truly mythological in character the UFO phenomenon is. Have you read anything by Jacques Vallee, and have you read much about comparative mythology? Under the microscope of the comparative fields, the true nature of ET shines forth.

Thats not to say they aren't real. They are real live interactive autonomous living myths.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I believe now…& I’ve always believed,
I believe based on the concept of infinity.
Until recently, I couldn’t explain my position.
After some extensive reading, here’s how I explain it…
We’re just infants in a Universe of an incredible age, crawling through the living room of our galaxy. Areas that currently appear infinite will become indefinitely smaller. The Universe will continuously shrink through the eyes of our perspectives. We’re floating through space and time in a Universe full of mystery and wonder, blind to our true existence. We exist in an infinite Universe with trillions of stars, which contains planets that likely supported life for billions of years; before we, “the Seed of Life” had ever been planted here on Earth.

By reason alone there are never ending societies, of infinitely wiser races of extraterrestrial beings, who’ve in all likelihood mastered concepts that we can’t even begin to imagine. There exist infinite scores of planets and species not completely unlike our own, that have evolved many millions of years beyond our time in existence; home to residents that have learned to fly through space and time, where we’re just learning to crawl.

If you’re capable of expanding your thoughts and self awareness enough to consider these possibilities, or that even just one planet in this infinite Universe has progressed enough to travel through space and time; (traveling the vast distances involved in visiting Earth) then you must realize in an ever-growing Universe, the same possibilities exist on an endless time-frame, within an infinite number of parallel circumstances. If you can visualize these basic concepts; then you must comprehend it’s more than possible, there are millions of civilizations within the vastness of infinity; and that we’ve been visited by a number of those species.

The perpetuity of time and space within the Universe must be abundant with life. There’s absolutely no way to refute the notion, if you can understand the true concept of the word. If you’re able to appreciate the significance of the theory; it changes everything. It opens up an ever-expanding realm of possibilities. Infinity defined is: a limitless measurement of time, space, distance, and/or direction…

Limitless… It insinuates that in an infinite number of directions from the point at which you’re sitting right now; you could head in an infinite distance, in any of those infinite directions. Infinity means: in any one of those directions, you’ll encounter parallel time and space, over an infinite time-line. (In any one direction) Direction is also an infinite possibility without limits or restraints. Infinity is infinite!

By logic alone, in infinity, you’ll encounter every conceivable possibility.

Hypothesis is borrowed by the link in the signature.
Click on the cover and read it for free

Why do you personally believe?
How can you not?

Yes, Yes. I have seen them (or what I would consider to be an ET vehicle) darting around in the skies above my house. Plus it only makes sense that we are but one culture of organisms in an ocean of life.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I believe the notion that we are indeed "alone" in the universe to be extremely egocentric and narrow-minded.

If you look at the sheer number of galaxies, clusters, solar systems, planets and moons that we have (and haven't) discovered, the probability of alien life is much too high to simply ignore it.
Taking into account that we only have samples from the planets in our solar system, we literally know just about nothing about our galaxy, let alone the universe.

To paraphrase Neil deGrasse Tyson: Saying that we are alone in the universe because we have no concrete proof of extraterrestrial intelligence would be like taking a pitcher of water out of the ocean, and concluding that the lack of whales in the sample is proof that there are no whales in the ocean.

Do I believe that humans are frequently being abducted by advanced alien civilizations, that “flying saucers” are visits from our galactic neighbors, or that Egyptians were contacted by aliens? Personally, no, I do not. Do I think that it is at all possible? Without a doubt, yes. Why do I not believe it? Because we simply do not know enough to say that we have proof. Until then, it's all speculation.

Taking into account the fact that we sent the first man-made object into space only about 50 years ago, and that we only have samples from very few planets in our solar system, we literally know just about nothing about our galaxy, let alone the universe.

If you look at how much scientific progress mankind has made just within the past 150 years, I would not rule out the possibility that at some point in the future we just might find a way to travel at FTL speed, whether through wormholes or other means of transportation, at which point we might even encounter alien species.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
They're out there, but the distances between there and here are so great it's mind boggling. So yeah, they're out there but are they responsible for some UFO sights? Maybe.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Howtosurvive2012

So yeah, not only are nuts and bolts style enties "out there" some are "in here"
Time and space means nothing to these guys. Our physics is primitive and just a big joke to
the galactic hipsters that even have the ability to morph themselves into household pets or
barnyard animals or birds.

Besides the physical entities; some parts of the Earth, like Lubbock, Texas and Cabo San Lucas, are occupied by trans dimensional travelers.

And in an Infinite Universe, Time travel is not only possible but common. It's a good thing the "Prime Directive" is operational or it could get ugly for the meat bags.

just sayin....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Greetings, Howtosurvive2012. I do not "believe," operative word, that there is an extraterrestrial intelligence visiting Terra, I know it for a fact. but! take note, this is my fact alone, and perhaps not yours. In fact, it may be a big fat lie to you. There is absolutely no visitable proof they exist, no hard copy evidence to examine, no clear photos of them, or videos of them. But to me they not only exist, they do many things for me. I was taught the art of mechanical engineering when I was 16 years old. Laying in bed, I had been reading Hot Rod Magazine and every other publication of the time trying to learn, I wanted to be a master mechanic. As I lay there, thinking about this and how to do it, I was suddenly whisked away to another place, I think perhaps another dimension. I was sitting down, at a desk of sorts, or a counter. I could put my elbows on it, and it felt like metal. Polished metal. In front of me, maybe 7 or 8 feet away, were three "beings," they were like in shadow, but I could discern that they looked humanoid. The spoke by using telepathy. One would move forward a little bit, and send to me, then "he/she/it" would drift back and another one would move up and do the same. This whole thing lasted for some hours, I am not sure exactly how long, but I went to bed at 10:00 pm, and when I "woke up" in bed it was morning, 6:00 am. I went to work, I was working at a Chrysler dealership, and realized during that day that I knew a great deal more about engines than I knew before. Within two weeks I was promoted to Line Mechanic, and then put in charge of High Performance cars, and given a place in a gas station across the street, owned by the dealership. This was 1969, and HP cars were the rage with kids of the day. Time went on and I got better and better. I realized that I could learn on the fly, and in a short time my services were in demand, I was busy all the time, and making real good money.

This experience didn't happen again until I got hurt in a wreck and was disabled for life. I have never touched a computer, they were getting to be really popular and most everyone had one. My son, bless his heart, brought me an old American Megatrends computer with Windows 98 on it, and got me a dial up internet connection. My uncle sent me a copy of 98 Second Edition, and I got a hold of a start up floppy from a local dealer. So I set about learning Windows. When I messed it up, I could reinstall, you see, and I did this many times. I really wanted to learn everything about them. I am curious in that way. Then it happened again. I was whisked away and the "beings" taught me about computers. The information just comes in in a flash, later, when I need it, it is already there, waiting, like in a file. The beings taught me many other things too, some of it I have postulated in this forum, and some for my eyes only. I think some have had this experience also. I am of the opinion the beings are Pleiadians, I cannot say with confidence who they are. There are always three, the scene is always the same. I do not feel any movements, or hear any noise.

Now I know some will think I am completely off my rocker when they read this, and that is OK. I know the Christians will most likely say it was Demons. Whatever they are, they are eager to teach, all you need do is ask. Thanks for listening.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I think they're here, taking some of our resources.
Do we have contact with them? I do not think so..
They would be maybe a million years ahead of us, and I would think
we would have a hard time communicating in any sensible way.. Thats just my belief..
But it would have been awesome if we could.. Fo Sho

edit on 31-1-2011 by skekke because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yes, sheer statistics suggest the odds of us being unique are slim to none.

Yes, as technology grows exponentially, if we use ourselves (our only known baseline) as a model. So, chances are there are older civilizations out there than just us, and if so, they've likely figured out ways to travel that are beyond our current technology or understanding.

Sure. On the first point, there are simply billions and billions of stars that we know of in the Known Universe. If even the tiniest fraction of these have planets capable of sustaining life (even if 1000th of a percent), we're still talking about LOTS of civilizations out there. Stands to reason that some of these civilizations would be older, and some newer than us.

On the second point, if older than us, then chances are they kept learning how to go further and faster just as we have. 100 years ago, we rode horses and most never even left their own city, let alone state. Today, we can hop on a jet and be on another continent in hours. So, it stands to reason that any others out there have also expanded their reach, even for distances that to us, seem insurmountable. Would a man in 1900 believe you if you told him that in a century, he could go from New York to London in less than 3 hrs (Concorde)? I doubt it... It would have been inconceivable to him. Let alone visit the moon!

Then, we have the evidence. One thing to consider, is that for there to be visitation, there must also be coverup. Otherwise, debris, etc. would be easily offered as proof of these visitors. There are credible reports by trained observers (such as military and commercial pilots, law enforcement, soldiers, etc.) and respectable people (even ex-Presidents) of such phenomena, and the military thought it serious enough to have numerous studies (both public and private) investigate it. There are photos, videos, and other physical evidence as well. The real trick, is that many are unidentified normal phenomena, but if even ONE is an ET craft, then there you go. There's evidence of visitation and of coverup (just look at the numerous versions of the explanation for Roswell)...but no real, hard conclusive proof. Still though, the circumstantial evidence makes a convincing argument.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
The information just comes in in a flash, later, when I need it, it is already there, waiting, like in a file. The beings taught me many other things too, some of it I have postulated in this forum, and some for my eyes only. I think some have had this experience also. I am of the opinion the beings are Pleiadians, I cannot say with confidence who they are. There are always three, the scene is always the same. I do not feel any movements, or hear any noise.

Yes! I have had experiences. None as detailed or as clear as yours - - more a feeling of connection. And yes certain information seems to become clear to me when I need it - - like I pull it from a file. Three (3) seems to be a "magic" number. There always seems to be a 3 connection. 3 people - 3 days - 3 items.

There was one time when I was in "negative energy" - - that I envisioned a board room with a long table. Sitting around the table were my 3 main guys and others. They were discussing how to help me.

I was told by a psychic that I am of Pleiadian. I do not do psychics - - but a friend was putting on a psychic fair and I just went to help her out.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yes I do..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I belive in them and that there are multiple kinds visiting earth.
I mostly beleve this due to a large account of the types of extraterrestrials seen several are from relialble witnesses.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think it's inherently foolish to think we are the crown jewel of the cosmos. In a universe of grand enormity and possibly part of an even bigger multiverse, the odds seem astronomically low that intelligence does not exist elsewhere.

Now whether or not we're being visited, well isn't that the million dollar question. I try not to inject belief into something like this because I don't think there's any real proof that indeed we are, rather some interesting evidence merely suggesting it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If the UFO phenomenon turns out to be ET literally, then they better have a damn good explanation for why they have been engineering our belief systems for tens of thousands of years, and why they are inside our psyche as well as outside our bodies...and why things like parapsychology and parasociology and the comparative fields are so helpful, indeed crucial, to understanding them when all it should take is biology.

edit on 31-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
(snip) and the military thought it serious enough to have numerous studies (both public and private) investigate it.(snip)

This point is crucial. If they really had worked it out and there was no evidence of visitation, would they really have had to do this? Was it extraterrestrial is another question...

Originally posted by Gazrok
There's evidence of visitation and of coverup (just look at the numerous versions of the explanation for Roswell)...but no real, hard conclusive proof. Still though, the circumstantial evidence makes a convincing argument.

This is another great point. There is so much evidence of a cover up it is ridiculous. Even from declassified documents. Is it a cover up of E.T. or something else? That remains the only question unanswered.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't need to "believe".

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I believe in extraterrestrial inteligences.
I believe some at least know of our existence. (maybe through radio/tv signals sent through space)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join