It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the Temple Of Objective Life Studies; aka T.O.O.L.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I came across this website about a year ago and it sucked me in BIGTIME for about 4 months straight. It's a very vague site with links to pdfs that seem to be a homemade handbook preparing a mystery school initiate for the "Hermetic Way". It looks a little wacky at first, but believe me, this material is OVERFLOWING in esoteric knowledges. It's still pretty introductory, but it's priceless information to someone who is curious about Freemasonic symbolism and/or ancient Alchemy and the Hermetic arts. Also, a very curious quote on their website: "-T.O.O.L.S. - an independent order of the rosy cross" indicates the school is a Rosicrucian institution.
I did a quick search of ATS and found nothing mentioning the site or the "school". I thoroughly versed myself in these pdf lessons a while ago so if anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask..

the only real text on their homepage is as follows:
The Hermetic Way

Tools for Knowledge & Awareness

Words of Plato

“Every diagram, system of numbers, every scheme of harmony, and every law of the movement of the stars, ought to appear one to him who studies rightly; and what we say will properly appear, if one studies all things looking to one principle, for there will be seen to be one bond for all these things, and if anyone attempts philosophy in any other way, he must call fortune to assist him. For there is never a path without these; this is the way, these are the studies, be they hard or easy; by this course one must go and not neglect it.

The one who has attained all these things in the way I describe him, I for my part, call wisest, and this I maintain through thick and thin. For it is clear that these studies are like ladders and bridges that carry our minds from the things apprehended by sense and opinion to those comprehended by the mind and understanding, and from those material, physical things, our foster brethren known to us from childhood, to the things with which we are acquainted, foreign to our sense, but in our souls, and above all to the reason which is in our souls."

'Unto your virtue, add knowledge'"

t-o-o-l-s.net...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
screw obsessing over malevolent possibilities in the middle east when you can think about things that will change the world for the better and not the worst! in other words, bump. someone's got to think this stuff is interesting...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well ... being that the 'site' has only been in existence for just shy of 9 months, and that you seem bound and determined to draw attentions to the same ... the rather obvious question would appear to be whether or not there's a vested or self interest here. ?

Not to question or discount the 'quality' of the contents therein ... just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity
Well ... being that the 'site' has only been in existence for just shy of 9 months, and that you seem bound and determined to draw attentions to the same ... the rather obvious question would appear to be whether or not there's a vested or self interest here. ?

Not to question or discount the 'quality' of the contents therein ... just sayin'.

what? how and why would you come to that conclusion because of the site's age and my interest in the subjects discussed? are you saying because I found the existence of the site soon after it was first established I "obviously" have a "vested interest"?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
oh.please. no assumptions were made nor conclusions arrived at. not in the least.

mere questions being raised. this is a discussion forum after all.

just strikes as a bit odd when someone claims to have come across a site about a year ago - a site which has only been in existence for just shy of 9 months - posts about it and then proceeds to bump their own thread about a half hour later.

surely ... this being a conspiracy site, it's not that big a stretch to consider ulterior motive(s).

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

oh.please. no assumptions were made nor conclusions arrived at. not in the least.

mere questions being raised. this is a discussion forum after all.

just strikes as a bit odd when someone claims to have come across a site about a year ago - a site which has only been in existence for just shy of 9 months - posts about it and then proceeds to bump their own thread about a half hour later.

surely ... this being a conspiracy site, it's not that big a stretch to consider ulterior motive(s).

typical of people to pick apart words like that and assume that every word typed is meant in the most literal of ways. I used the word "about" for a reason.you jumped to a rather far-fetched assumption from two facts: I found the site early, and I am interested in it. In order to ease your paranoia filled mind I'll tell you that (if i remember correctly) I found a link to TOOLS from lightworkers.org. July 2010
lightworkers.org...
lightworkers.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
typical? how so...?

no paranoia or 'picking apart of words', here.

web-wide ... secret society, masonic, alchemic and hermetic -focused forums or venues are rife with those seeking to put forth their latest 'aspirations' ... no matter if it be 'old news' and just 'new to them', individual efforts to further slurry the mix, if you will.

.. and you've since not been lambasted or queried with anything more than valid questions and/or concerns regarding a seemingly possible self-interest desire to promote or draw additional attentions to the same.

nothing more. nothing less. mere questions and queries.

with regards the 'site' itself, it's but yet another 'convenient' repository for much of which has already been documented, dimissed or otherwise discounted ...

aside from the near overt and 'rather typical' hype and suppositon associated with such...

meh ...

edit on 30-1-2011 by Annie Mossity because: spelling correction

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

typical? how so...?

no paranoia or 'picking apart of words', here.

web-wide ... insert any alternative topic -focused forums or venues are rife with those seeking to put forth their latest 'aspirations' ... no matter if it be 'old news' and just 'new to them', individual efforts to further slurry the mix, if you will.

.. and you've since not been lambasted or queried with anything more than valid questions and/or concerns regarding a seemingly possible self-interest desire to promote or draw additional attentions to the same.
Oh yeah, I forgot mention that in between my recent move into a $1050 rent apartment and my last week's gig (for I: a high school educated 23 year old artist, play guitar in an unsigned metal band) I was able to become indoctrinated into one of the oldest and well respected secret societies on the face of all Earth, the Rosicrucian Order. I should have told everyone on this secret society forum that before I posted this.

nothing more. nothing less. mere questions and queries.

with regards the 'site' itself, it's but yet another 'convenient' repository for much of which has already been documented, dimissed or otherwise discounted ...

edit on 30-1-2011 by Annie Mossity because: spelling correction

if you mean to use the words you do, you're not making much of a point..anyone can dismiss or discount information, but to disprove it might be another story. it seems like you should be wanting to use that sort of meaning.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

who questioned, mentioned or alluded to any sort of having been indoctrinated into the rosicrucian order?

the sole interest or concern here was merely that of the overall veracity of stated interests and proclaimed desires that others should peruse the same ... in the OP.

... add to that the 'noted' *bump*, and you get what we have here...

mere questions and queries. nothing more. nothing less.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Annie Mossity because: grammar

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
welp i reckon i'll have to start this thread over at a later date when you're not around to derail it. you keep insisting that I am not who i claim or appear to be, i'm sorry you've been conditioned to distrust such a menial encounter in your life. I don't have anything to hide and already feel more transparent then 99% of the members here. It would have been nice to hear constructive discussion about the material like i wanted in the first place.
edit on 1/30/11 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I just started on the first pdf and I already love these.

I'll be saving these to my computer, and also to external storage.

One of the greatest and most beautiful things for everyone who has the eyes to see and ears to hear in the modern age, is the coming together and blending and opening up of so many esoteric, spiritual, secretive and philosophical traditions. Really, what can you say about it? Might as well fuel up as much as we can for our life adventures.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
I just started on the first pdf and I already love these.

I'll be saving these to my computer, and also to external storage.

One of the greatest and most beautiful things for everyone who has the eyes to see and ears to hear in the modern age, is the coming together and blending and opening up of so many esoteric, spiritual, secretive and philosophical traditions. Really, what can you say about it? Might as well fuel up as much as we can for our life adventures.

yes, thank you for getting back to my point. each volume of the series is really good, once you get a feel of how the lessons are conveyed it gets easier to read. I like how you describe it blending different philosophic traditions, it does. it is a whole mess of esoteric knowledge from lots of varying sources but comes together so simply and beautifully, IMO. It personally reminds me of the poetically perfect plot of the first 3 star wars episodes, haha. this info is top notch though...you can vividly see how the Freemason and Rosicrucian symbolism is used amidst religious myth and numerology.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
blump

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'll bump again. I haven't started reading the .pdf yet, but in my opinion, any knowledge is good knowledge. I will get back to the thread after I have a chance to read more.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I'll bump again. I haven't started reading the .pdf yet, but in my opinion, any knowledge is good knowledge. I will get back to the thread after I have a chance to read more.

it's good stuff, you'll dig it

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
blump

Dude, I realize you might not spend as much time in the Secret Societies forum, but you don't have to keep bumping your own thread. We're not like some of the other ATS forums... this thread will stay on the front page at least a week... we don't have that much volume. So cut it out already!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
blump

Dude, I realize you might not spend as much time in the Secret Societies forum, but you don't have to keep bumping your own thread. We're not like some of the other ATS forums... this thread will stay on the front page at least a week... we don't have that much volume. So cut it out already!

well alrighty, go back to bed mr. grumpy

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Overlooking rocky introduction, he didn't do such a bad job with the PDF's. It's very creative.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

ya i love the way it's done, it still leaves space for lots of mystery about the whole thing. whoever made it shuffled through lots of subjects and connects them all, but still leaves the reader wondering about what possibilities the new 'connected dots' open up. i love the mysterious universe.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
hey what's that over there? --->

made you bump

top topics

<<   2 >>

join