It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Armageddon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

the place is called Har-Ma'ged'on not armageddon. Rev 16:16. as always we only see and listen to what we want. we just assume what we see and hear are right, you should know what happens when we assume things. ps just a quick joke to lighten things up. the bangles have a new song out. riot like an egyptian.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Personally I plan to have a very happy Armageddon, Apocalypse, or any other the other ones... I plan to laugh and be happy through Summers of Rage, days of Rage... or whatever rage besets the human race..

My BOB is actually a picnic hamper with booze, and some nibbles ready and waiting chilling in my under store.. along with bikes, tents, sleeping bags and what not.. as if in a panic situation our roads (around here) will be traversable by brmm-brmm..

Tho I really don't think we are anywhere near Armageddon, perhaps we are near a shift in conscience that'll kick the elite globally in the nadgers... which I thoroughly approve of.. I guess we'll have to see what happens next..

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

Armageddon, well it looks like it's finally arrived.

Please stop. We haven't even experienced the great tribulation yet so how can we be in Armageddon???

The last thing we need is another person poorly trained in Eschatology claiming we are there when the preconditions are not yet met for the time itself.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by Gary13
Armageddon, well it looks like it's finally arrived. .

Did I miss the apocalypse? Again?

I'm confused, OP, as to what makes you certain that Armageddon has begun. While there are a few nasty things happening in the world lately - they are no more nasty that what's been going on for at least ten or twenty thousand years.

~Heff

Prophecy fulfilled right before your eyes folks:

2 Peter 3:3-4 ~ "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation."

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

I'm assuming you haven't done ANY research at all on the JW's.
Did you know that they were members of the United Nations? When they were found out, they pulled their membership, calling it "just signing a piece of paper" so they could use the library. If it was them just signing a piece of paper, why couldn't JW's that were put in concentration camps sign the 'piece of paper' that renounced their JW stance.. after all it was "just a piece of paper".. and it would have alllowed tons of people to live.
Could you REALLY let your child die if they needed a blood transfusion? The bible says not to eat blood.. it doesn't say not to put it in an IV as a life saving fluid, hell you aren't even supposed to store your own blood as a life saving measure for YOURSELF..but to let innocent kids die because of an interpretation of the bible is insane!
Have you searched and found the full Elders Manual online?? Do that and you can be sure to find out that the organization is not run by women at all.
There are other religions that are hated as well. Who's to say they're not the "right" ones because people dislike them? I myself dislike organized religion that tells people what to do and how to think. ( i think that might go along with the definition of a cult..?)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well if we're going to look at things through that lens...

Jer 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.
Jer 14:15 Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed.
Jer 14:16 And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them.

Prophecy fulfilled, indeed.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Do you even understand the context of those verses? God is condemning FALSE prophets of Jeremiah's day. Something deliberately taken out of context is actually a PRETEXT.

Fail.

edit on 1-2-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

So now you feel you are qualified to suggest the context of an allegorical story? You paint yourself into a corner with this tactic as you have now taken your religious tome and reduced it to a history book, or a work of fiction, and not the word and prophecy of a living God.

BTW, just for future reference, saying the word "FAIL' after a post is not claiming victory in any sense. It's just the signature of an arrogant personality.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The battle of armaggedon is nothing to be scared of if you are a true christian. It is gods battle.
Jesus comes down from the sky riding a white horse,while his eyes are blazing red.
He then procedes to kill satans army with sword. This is going to be the biggest battle of all time,and jesus kicks alot of ass.

But remember,if you are not part of christ you are part of satan.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I feel satisfied already.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You did fail in grasping the context of the chapter.

And apparently, you still don't understand it. Try simple reading instead of quote-mining.

Start with chapter 13.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Re Etherical Waterwave:

You wrote:

["Armageddon is a place. We are awaiting the great day of God almighty"]

Speak for yourself, mate. I'm not part of your megalomaniac 'we'.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Re Gary13:

You wrote:

["....and not listen to other people's opinions, so make an informed decision, not just because you have heard some negative about them. slag me off and put me down, but that wont change what is going to happen."]

Considering there are 34.000 different christian denominations to choose between, it would be quite a job to familiarize yourself with the finer point s of all of them. Though personally I have actually tried, but was disgusted by their zombi-attitudes (details on request).

Quote: [the bible says will all know gods name and where armageddon is coming from. good luck ps if you dont make it then i'll see you people at the lake, figuratively speaking."]

And so what? The world is filled with one postulate more obscure than the other. Your claims of 'truth' range very low on my list.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Re NOTurTypical

You wrote:

["2 Peter 3:3-4 ~ "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.""]

Bogomil 13:2011: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days missionaries, walking in their own zombification and saying, We know all about everything. And listening to the missionaries everybody fell asleep, and things just happen, as they always have done.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Re Thoughtsfull

Hope you have earplugs also.

Them there Armageddon trumpets are said to be mightily noisy, and you wouldn't want to spend the next thousand years with tinnitus.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Re Weeden

You wrote:

["store your own blood as a life saving measure for YOURSELF..but to let innocent kids die because of an interpretation of the bible is insane!"]

I've recently decided to formulate some counter-versions of populistic christian propaganda slogans (or some parallel ones):

Here's one relating to your post: "Children are not property to be indoctrinated. The may want to grow up and be able to stake out their own lives"

In this context the actual 'growing up' is a key-concept.

PS Sorry about all the posts, but I've been absent from ATS a few days and must fill my kvota.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

there's a few points am going to answer. first the blood issue. we have many none blood products that are safe and won't cause any bad side-effects, unlike blood, so why take blood what can harm you. your body will reject the blood, blood also can carry deceases witch will be past on to you. 1914 was not claimed to be armageddon by the witnesses, 1914 was the second coming. we can believe what we want, the consequences of our actions will be our own fault. i said that armageddon might of already started, matthew 24:21to22. so armageddon may not be just one day. see you at the lake. me myself i dont want to die, but am a coward, so i dont deserve to live, am like most people i dont want to change my self for the better of mankind. am a coward. what ever is going to happen, armageddon or national disasters, all we are going to care about is ourselves.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

would you take blood when there are safe none blood products that won't harm you. you dislike organised religion, you just dont like being told what to do, do you. the elders in the witnesses are all men, but the ones above them are men and women, the john class.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

Honestly, I'm not going to waste my time debating with you.. I'd take the blood if it was the quickest way to save my life instead of hoping the non blood products would do it..
I know people like you tho, and like I said, I won't waste my OR your time... I do suggest you do some research tho, read the "Crisis of Concience" maybe... Check out an ex-jw website?? (they're not as scary as you'd think.. they're full of normal people that have normal lives)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

see you at the lake then, sister. and its pointless me checking out the ex j w site, because they are running away from the truth, just like me. so what ever lies we tell ourselves to justify our actions, the truth will come out sooner or later, and what are you going to do then. ps sorry if i've offended you that was not my intention, stay safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join