It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra Zionists, Louis Theroux.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just a heads up about a show being screened on bbc2 this Thursday night titled Ultra Zionists.
For those that don't know Louis Theroux's work check out the link below, some of the situations he puts himself in is more than what many journalists would do. He has stayed with the Westboro church, interviewed nazis and hunted aliens all the time showing no bias and even can get to the heart of whoever he is interviewing while at the same time showing their true self.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Louis Theroux spends time with a small and very committed subculture of ultra-nationalist Jewish settlers. He discovers a group of people who consider it their religious and political obligation to populate some of the most sensitive and disputed areas of the West Bank, especially those with a spiritual significance dating back to the Bible.

These are a few clips of what to expect.

So yeah if you can watch this I recommend to do so, and then maybe report back here and discuss.
OK I'm sounding like a teacher now, but definitely do watch it. If you can't watch it on Thursday it will be on iplayer and I am guess youtube, I will post whatever videos I find afterwards for those who can't see it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. He is awesome, i havent seen any of his work for awhile but it was always good and kinda funny too. I remember one of the funnier ones he did was Louis Theroux and the Swingers lmal it was funny as! But he also does some good serious work as well.

Thanks again

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sta and Flag! Awesome.

Great to see Louis getting stuck into sum more hard hitting issues. This is a must watch for me and I haven't even seen it advertised.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it will be a good show, and justify a small percentage of my TV license bill... Because there ain't much else that does!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
lois theroux has got to be my favourite journalist, the guy is just so smart and takes the piss out of people without them even knowing. i saw one where he was on the back of someones motorbike and he was pulling faces at them behind their back. also i would recommend watching the programme where he moved in with the hamiltons for a week and also the one where he moved in with chris eubank.

also the episode where he sees the black power guys and they say henry the 8th was a black man, i dont know why they would want such a man to be of their race but that was some funny sheet

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You MUST watch this, if you haven't already; it's hilarious:

Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends - S01E02 - U.F.O. Hunters

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No worries guys, I just saw the advert and figured this would be a shame to miss out on.
Like I said after it has aired I'll try and find a link when one gets put up for those who do miss it or those in the US with no bbc access.

It should be a good one too, it seems lately he is getting into the harder hitting area and taking on some big issues.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be sure to watch that as soon as I can.
It will be interesting, as he's always very keen to be seen as being as impartial as it is humanly possible to be, to his total credit.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Oh loius,your not seriously telling me your going to communicate with another alien intelligience right now!
mmmmmmmmmmmmm....Yes,I will be,,mmmmmm break in signal.
Looius is brilliant he really does love muscly woman,what expressions,what tact,what sublimenal humour..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
He used to do more hitting stuff as well, he has spent time with cults, skinheads and there was this one guy he stayed with that living ' off the grid ' in some underground bunker style thing in the snow.

I hadnt forgotten all about Louis untill ur thread. It used to air pretty late at night here in Australia, im gonna have to hop on you tube now i think...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sorry i had to add this clip to the thread - it is perfect for ATS

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I can't update the first post with the vids but here is tonights show, it only finish 30 minutes ago.
Watch it and like of all Louis' films, you can make your own mind up.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I can honestly say this film made me rather angry, as an Australian I feel ashamed that a sad little worm like David Luria could of been raised on our shores only to go and do what he does and to have the feelings that he does. I could rant for a bit about it but T&C will never allow me to share my true feelings.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
it was a very good show but he did seem like he was stepping on egg shells at times and it was a shame that he did not speak to hamas about their view on the subject.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

He still did a good job of it though. I don't think he would of been allowed anywhere near Hamas, it seemed as if he was under security force protection and probably wouldn't of got a filming permit if he was planning to.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

i liked the way it was edited with that daniel guy saying that there is nothing the rest of the world can do about what they are doing being the last thing we saw in the show. i hope that the showing of this will be the start of the rest of the world actually putting a stop to these crimes towards humanity.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

I agree, that was a pretty bold statement. It definitely wound me up more than I already was.
Thankfully though I don't believe it is the way that all Israelies think, it's only a certain hardcore sector.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I thought it was a good documentary, always love Louis Theroux's stuff and this was no exception.
You could tell he was nervous and you could almost feel the atmosphere... I would hate to have to live like that.

The arrogance of that guy running the tours and stuff :shk:

What a hostile and awful place to live, unless you are Jewish.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
full link

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
okay i watched it and felt to me like they covered the byproduct of zionism propaganda machine which drives their ideologies a patrioaitc and submission to the service of god . Just a byproduct of propaganda of the machine. The real zionists are in the administration not these pety people . This goes also for the palestine side.

Title should be "Propaganda wars in the west bank" lol imo/ Both sides on some outdated ideologies . Driven by passion and the vicious cycle of
"eye for an eye"

imo

top topics

join