It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ElBaradei urges U.S. to abandon Mubarak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

ElBaradei urges U.S. to abandon Mubarak

www.reuters.com

"The American government cannot ask the Egyptian people to believe that a dictator who has been in power for 30 years would be the one to implement democracy. This is a farce," he told the CBS program "Face the Nation."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
edit on Sun Jan 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: BREAKING NEWS TITLE MUST BE THE SAME AS THE SOURCE TITLE

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Trough cnn the demand for Obama to show his opposition to the regime otherwise they will repeat the mistake of the iran Shah 1979 incident, if not they will loose the egyptian people.

This means that the consequense is a more conservative ruling against the western. And/ or a great chamnge in the diplomatic connection beetwen Egypt, UK and the US.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
ATS Thread ... read this!

Elbaradei is already acting like a dictator. He's the puppet front man for the Muslim Brotherhood. THEY are the real power behind the ousting of the current Egyptian regime. The Egyptians don't realize it yet, but they are getting rid of one type of dictatorship and just exchanging it for a can of worms that is probably worse. At least Mubarek kept the peace ... The Muslim Brotherhood wants to be rid of Israel and wants Islamic rule of law.

Read the thread .. you'll see Obama quietly meeting with The Muslim Brotherhood ...
I think those meetings gave the Muslim Brotherhood the oooomph they needed to pull this coup off.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

Um why? Why are these people not asking for China's or North Korea's input... This is maddening.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
wat a fake!!!!!!
al barradei is implanted by the US gov. as substitud for mubarak...!

he arrived yesterday and now clinton is supporting the revolution...

I can smell the stink here.....!

egyptian peopple are betrayed...they keep still under US supervisors...
edit on 30-1-2011 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Probably because the Chinese and North Koreans haven't bankrolled the regime for 3 decades.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 30-1-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hey Flyers Fan, looks like you and I are keyed into the exact same thing.

We should have seen this coming!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The thing that escapes the general public, is understanding the nature of close, diplomatic relationships. Just as with the Shah and the Iranian revolution that spawned the present extremist Islamic regime, there is no good way for the US to respond. To support Mubarak would be to oppose those those in the streets.

But to abandon Mubarak and embrace the new regime sight unseen, would be utterly foolish. It sends the wrong message to friends and allies that America is fickle and will desert you in a time of crisis. It also plays badly to endorse a new regime when there is no real way to know how it will come out of the oven.

So, you're damned regardless of what you do.

It's easy for those screaming for the US to walk away from the current Egyptian regime. They won't be the ones to carry the weight of whatever happens. they can slink back off into the darkness until the next riots happen somewhere.

Unfortunately, our choices are far and few in between... a no-win situation that is undoubtedly making Islamic radicals the world over smile.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ElBaradei is this man.

Could Egypt's ElBaradei Be A Hero Of The Revolution?

Who is also responsible for this: Ex-IAEA chief says west 'hyping' Iran nuclear threat: report

Well isn't that quite the take on it. Does the word Muslim always do this to you?

Don't Fear Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood

edit on 1/30/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Well isn't that quite the take on it. Does the word Muslim always do this to you?

Not suprised to see Brookings smack in the middle.
Its all becoming clear as day now.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

This is exactly why some type of revolution needs to take place here in America. We have too much influence in the fate of other countries, and mostly it's negative. Sick of it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Maybe Ben Wedeman of CNN was reading ATS, when he twittered this an hour ago:

In last 5 days haven't seen any major expressions of political Islam. It's not there, armchair "terrorism" experts. Move on.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Thank you. I so agree with him,. People are looking for things that are not part of this developing story in the ME and elsewhere. These are geopoitical moves that speak to the root causes for a change, and not the consequences that came later. We've been well-conditioned to look for this, but it's simply not there this time.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I`m all in support of this revelotion and all but when the sentiment is, as it is, in this news piece.

cnn.com.../video/world/2011/01/30/robertson.alexandria.demo.cnn

I really have a hard time understanding what freedom means to these people, and what it will bring. Start watching at about 1:35 and tell me that support either way would be good. Seems they want us to interject yet at the same time hate all the people that there asking to help them. Hopefully this is what the revolution is to just a few or else this i feel may be just the stepping stone for things to come.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
ElBaradei is this man.

Could Egypt's ElBaradei Be A Hero Of The Revolution?

Who is also responsible for this: Ex-IAEA chief says west 'hyping' Iran nuclear threat: report

ElBaradei is the same evil bastard that overly hyped BOTH the iraq and iranian nuclear capabilities and gave the USA-UK alliance the green light to backstab saddam hussein and now is trying to backstab his own president of which both are/were USA allies!

And you speak of brookings in good fashion? You cannot be serious...THEY are the ones that are hidding all the moon and mars artifacts from the public and in all likelyhood are quietly planning for depopulation and the one world government.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I believe you might have that backwards? From a link I posted.

The West is "hyping" the perceived nuclear threat from Iran, the former head of the UN atomic watchdog Mohamed ElBaradei said in an interview Tuesday.

As for Brookings, I leave you with your opinion. There are many good points in the article that can be fact-checked elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
THEY are the ones that are hidding all the moon and mars artifacts from the public and in all likelyhood are quietly planning for depopulation and the one world government.

This is about a people that has enough of the oppressors and not one of those little-green-men-are-on-earth-but-the-TPTB-does-not-share-them-with-us-threads.

There obviously are some doubts about ElBaradei in Egypt, too. But theses doubts are about his long abscense from Egypt and his missing experience as a politician. Also people wondered today, why he suddenly disappeared from Tihrar Square like that. Most people could not understand his speech anyway, because there were many and they had no loudspeakers.

Now he is part of a ten men comitee. They are trying to be accepted as a possible solution for an interim time, but it is not sure yet, if anybody will. So stay calm and give them a chance.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Siddharta because: a to e

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
WTF is wrong with people...this is supposed to be a conspiracy site and people are supposed to do their own research rather than repeat whatever the nwo corporate media mouthpieces want them to believe. Is everyone really that stupid or what

Yes I want democracy..but I don't want another iran...I don't want the arab world attacking israel...I don't want a traitor such as albaredi heading anything other than his personal affairs. Get your facts straight and stop jumping on the idiocy bandwagon...please! A revolvution for the sake of a revolution is superficial and exemplifies ignorance.

Rebel against the Federal Reserve, the ECB, covert think tanks, NASA, etc. But that requires knowledge and balls of brass...of which APPARENTLY no one has! I am disappointed by the sheer volume of MAINSTREAM stupidity because ats used to be better and we actually learned something.....not any more! #### this

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Rebel against the Federal Reserve, the ECB, covert think tanks, NASA, etc. But that requires knowledge and balls of brass...of which APPARENTLY no one has! I am disappointed by the sheer volume of MAINSTREAM stupidity because ats used to be better and we actually learned something.....not any more! #### this

You can't be serious! Those people are rebelling against a system due to bad living conditions and wrong promises and you tell them, they better should rebell against those, you see as enemies in your little world?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join