It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost body fat FAST:BODYBUILDING STYLE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
www.fatlosstips.com...

This site is pretty informative....I've only been working out AGAIN for the past 5 days and my arms #ing toned dudes... My legs are really toned, my back, everything!!

What am I doing?

Interval training, FREE weights, and eating fruits n veggies AND real fruity popscicles...

I can't believe this, I mean I used to be a powerhouse but it's been literally 4-5 years since i've been ripped, and i'm seeing what I used to look like, I'm so exicted...

Anyway read this dude's fit tips... I'm going to use this as a stepping stone to get into natural bodybuilding competitions...

I love bodybuilding!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
you have anything that will get me some muscles before i leave for basic in august?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well if you get some creatine that will help build your muscles, it's totally safe..

I was on it back in hs and got pretty bulky... You have to be toned to use it though, if your not, FREE WEIGHTS AU NATURALE...

Use medium to heavy and do shorts reps say 3-4 sets of 6/8
don't know how much you weigh but I do know that using free weights for arms is better then machines... If your doing flys use 15-25 if you can, curls 35-45, press 50+, ect, google it...

eat healthy take in less calories but eat small 5-6 x a day, proteins, fats, carbs ...

really, read that site, it's perfect...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This site looks good I'll bookmark and study over it. Thanks for passing it on.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
ehh...that anthony ellis guy has had several websites, all trying to sell something to "get big" or "get ripped"...the tips look to be good, but if you want lots of good, honest, non-profit motivated help, go to www.bodybuilding.com and the forums at forum.bodybuilding.com You can learn a lot over there...at least enough for me to go from 138lb - 185lb in a little over a year of lifting.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Truelies, you said that you started seeing effects of it after 5 days?? I'm not really over-weight...I'm pretty strong but I'd like to get toned a little more if I could. I already work out so I could just stick to my work-out routine, but does this diet really help? And if so, in 5 days? If it's one of those, "You get fat, then you lose weight" things then I don't want to do it
. Please tell.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I didn't gain weight then lost it, I just started eating healthy and i've been losing weight while working out. If you cut out fatty foods cholesteral filled fried foods ect, your fine...

Honestly I try and eat anything colorful and juicy, not only does it help your body with getting it's natural minerals and vitamins, it puts you in a good mood too.

When I take creatine I drink it 10 -20 mins before my workout, I have noticed it does help alot, Just remember coloful foods, and I also eat low carb dannon yogurt, it is so YUMMY! I got the strawberries and cream.

Also for a treat I went out and bought popsicle holders and poured orange juice in them and chocolate soy milk in the other. So now I have a healthy desert after my dinner which consists of a small salad about the size of your hand, and also lentil soup is what athletes eat, it is full of fiber and nutriets.

I buy Amy's organic lentil soup, it's delicious. If you eat 4-6 small meals during the day that are healthy instead of just 3 square large meals / day, you'll see more results, your body needs fuel throughout the day to burn like a car, if you eat big meals only a few times a day it's not getting treated properly.
Just keep thinking of your body as a car , fill your tank up with healthy foods and you'll burn it the right way, and never go over your caloric intake or you won't see results either, you need to take in a certain amount of calories in order to burn them properly...

Also I read an article on adipocyts, if you don't see results in certain areas of your body it's because those are the most stubborn areas, adipocyts are alike fat pockets if you keep consist with the calories and burning them off the adipocyts will eventually leave those hard to work places, but don't give up because a healthy body just doesn't happen over night. The fat pockets will get smaller as you burn fat, the more fatty foods you eat the more these pockets stretch and you will get bigger.

I 'll go get the article..

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
But did you say that you started seeing results after five days?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
yep............ i lost fat / water retention whatever it was, I lost it, I could see results when I looked in the mirror and just wanted to keep going.
I'm being consistent still i'll be peeking next week aka working harder.

But to answer your question yes I did.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sweet, I kind of started it yesterday. I do a slightly different work out routine though. Mainly because I've already been working out for a long time. It's hard to stick with that diet though because I still live at home (I'm 17) and we all eat dinner at a specific time. That, and I don't wake up at 8:00. So I kinda have to scrunch that stuff down into a slightly smaller time frame. Also, school is going to start soon, which means I really won't have time unless I wake up like 2 hours before it starts. I also don't agree with before breakfast being the only time to lose weight. I'm in pretty good shape already, and I always run at night.

[Edited on 4-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
But did you say that you started seeing results after five days?

The secret here, like the secret in all of those ads, is to have initially have the muscle as TrueLies did. Muscle has an amazing memory which is why I dont worry too much when I backslide for a few months. The only drawback is that when I start up again, people think I'm on roids.

[Edited on 4-8-2004 by deevee]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by deevee

The secret here, like the secret in all of those ads, is to have initially have the muscle as TrueLies did. Muscle has an amazing memory which is why I dont worry too much when I backslide for a few months. The only drawback is that when I start up again, people think I'm on roids.

That's just like me lol... The very first area to shed fat or water whatever is my arms, second it's my legs and abs, then then very last thing is my butt area on the outside.
I worked my arms so hard in high school and being on creatine made them bigger, now that I have muscle memory they just pop back up again when i'm ready to work them. It's funny but truly amazing I love it.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by deevee

[Edited on 4-8-2004 by deevee]

Muscle doesn't have memory. Your expectation of what should happen become more realistic after backsliding.

On a different note: Great Site TrueLies it has exactly what I'm looking for, as in for skinny people to gain weight. Site seems to have gone with the trend of weight loss and its counterpart gaining weight.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't understand the protein powder at the end though... You're not working out after that, so isn't that just adding un-necessary calories?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
its all about having a really clean diet, making sure your doing your daily cardio and lifting. everything else is just garnish.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
Muscle doesn't have memory. Your expectation of what should happen become more realistic after backsliding.

On a different note: Great Site TrueLies it has exactly what I'm looking for, as in for skinny people to gain weight. Site seems to have gone with the trend of weight loss and its counterpart gaining weight.

There is what some people call "muscle memory". If you used to work out a lot and stop for a couple months, you will gain it all back very fast once you lift again, because your muscles and ligaments etc. have already at one point been built up to a certain size and strength...so it is easier to get muscle back.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I don't understand the protein powder at the end though... You're not working out after that, so isn't that just adding un-necessary calories?

When you work out, muscles are broken down. This is your muscle building stimulus. When you are resting, your muscles are building up bigger than they were before. This is the time when they need the most nutrients to repair themselves, and is why the best time to have a protein shake is immediately after working out. There is a so called "anabolic window" within maybe an hour after working out that your muscles crave protein and carbs to replenish glycogen supply, and to repair and rebuild muscle..

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

When you work out, muscles are broken down. This is your muscle building stimulus. When you are resting, your muscles are building up bigger than they were before. This is the time when they need the most nutrients to repair themselves, and is why the best time to have a protein shake is immediately after working out. There is a so called "anabolic window" within maybe an hour after working out that your muscles crave protein and carbs to replenish glycogen supply, and to repair and rebuild muscle..

Well, yeah I knew that, but why, then, would you take another protein shake at night, many hours after you worked out? The diet says to take the protein shake when you wake up, THEN work out...then at night take another.

By the way, i can't follow it anymore because I have school and work

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Well, yeah I knew that, but why, then, would you take another protein shake at night, many hours after you worked out? The diet says to take the protein shake when you wake up, THEN work out...then at night take another.

By the way, i can't follow it anymore because I have school and work

well, the important thing is to keep your muscles fed with nutrients constantly...eating all the time, to never let them go into a catabolic state. When you sleep, that is 7+ hours of time that you go without food, so having a shake right before bed, and also right when you wake up, is a good way to minimize the time that your body goes without protein...you need to be eating it all day long every 2-3 hours.

new topics

top topics

join