It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Light During Naval Flight/Mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I wanted to share this and haven't talked about it with anyone but my wife .

Many years ago I was flying over the Pacific Ocean in the middle of no-where - it was about 3 am, very dark night, I was heading southwest and all you could hear was the squelch from the HF radio occasionally. Out of the blue on the horizon was an extremely large bright light - like a lava of light. This is very hard to explain. It was like a rush of light on the horizon that flowed and ended as a choppy semi-circle. Then went away.

To this day, it really spooks me - not sure what I saw. Used to see some weird stuff flying at night but this takes the cake.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Did it go in a straight line? Years ago I observed a fireball breaking up in the night sky brighter and expanding much bigger than the full moon which it went past. You may have (just speculating) seen one going away from you causing a bright flash. They happen pretty routinely but aren't observed very much.

science.nasa.gov...

spacescience.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What color was the light? What do you mean by lava? LIke a lava lamp?

Did it travel in a spiral?

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yes, I can relate. While I cannot explain what you saw, I too, know the feeling from seeing unexplained lights at sea. Hard to say what you saw, as it was from a distance. Maybe your flight was over military ops, possible missle testing?
Read about my experience with the Navy- www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Did it go in a straight line? Years ago I observed a fireball breaking up in the night sky brighter and expanding much bigger than the full moon which it went past. You may have (just speculating) seen one going away from you causing a bright flash. They happen pretty routinely but aren't observed very much.

science.nasa.gov...

spacescience.com...

It was directly on the horizon - it bubbled up into a semi-circle on the horizon (wasn't the sun coming up either). It was very big and seemed to last for a while and then gone. It was directly off the nose of the aircraft.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
What color was the light? What do you mean by lava? LIke a lava lamp?

Did it travel in a spiral?

Spiderj

It was yellow w/white. Sorry I used lava - hard to explain. Its like those pictures you see of the sun with sunspots flowing.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
Yes, I can relate. While I cannot explain what you saw, I too, know the feeling from seeing unexplained lights at sea. Hard to say what you saw, as it was from a distance. Maybe your flight was over military ops, possible missle testing?

I will check out your thread. It was definitely not missile ops - I can confirm that one. I would have known if the friendlies were near.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Journey

Just read your thread - very cool. Glad to see a fellow Navy bubba here - even a black shoe

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
it could have been a mass of bioluminescent organisms. these are said to be very eerie by those who report them.

-koji K.

top topics

join