It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Any other runners on here?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is a thread to talk about the sport of running and brag about your achievements, if you feel like it
But talking about it is probably more fun than bragging.

So, I'll start. I'm 17 and run 4-8 miles a day. I specialize in 5k's, which my PR is 21:14 (down from 30 when i started), though i'm trying to make my way up to a marathon, starting with a 10k in the spring. I also ran XC at my high school.

I love running because it sort of relaxes me, clears my mind, while getting my body into good physical shape. If i'm ever having a bad day, i just go on a run and usually feel a lot better.
edit on 30-1-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So leaving the restaurant without paying isn't counted? Because you should try running after a 3 course meal.



posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I will not brag, but i do my best. I have had rubbish lungs since early teens(i have never smoked), so if my lungs where not like this i would of done half marathon running or something as a hobby. But like i say my lungs are rubbish and full of fluid, so it really stops me going too far, but i run as much as i can.

No bragging from me. But if you have good lungs, its really is a great hobby and good fitness routine.

op can you tell me, what do your lungs feel like, do they feel clear, and your airways too?
Mine are always full of fluid it seems, shame i as i could and would run as much as you, if they where healthy.
edit on 1/30/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisbeIief
So leaving the restaurant without paying isn't counted? Because you should try running after a 3 course meal.


dude, lol. star for you.


Originally posted by andy1033
I will not brag, but i do my best. I have had rubbish lungs since early teens(i have never smoked), so if my lungs where not like this i would of done half marathon running or something as a hobby. But like i say my lungs are rubbish and full of fluid, so it really stops me going too far, but i run as much as i can.

No bragging from me. But if you have good lungs, its really is a great hobby and good fitness routine.

op can you tell me, what do your lungs feel like, do they feel clear, and your airways too?
Mine are always full of fluid it seems, shame i as i could and would run as much as you, if they where healthy.
edit on 1/30/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)


Aw, I'm sorry. You probably have, but you should try an inhaler. I know some people who take a whiff during a run.

When i first started, i was huffing and puffing all the time. A horrible wheezing sound. I was incredibly out of shape so maybe that was part of it. I breathe through my mouth (even though you're not supposed to), because i don't get that much air through my sinuses. But as i ran more, i guess i was conditioning myself because the wheezing died down. You basically just have to get your "wind" up. Now when i run, i take a bunch of short breaths and it feels easier than before. Maybe try that, instead of wheezing, take a bunch of short breaths. But i guess do whatever works for you.

Have you ever tried just pushing through? I almost gave up and walked in many races because i felt like i was going to pass out, but i'm glad i pushed through because after you finish, you're like "i guess i can do it", then the next race you push yourself more and more and you keep getting better. This is just me, but i found my brain tries to trick me into stopping, like you psych yourself out. "I'm going to pass out. I need to stop", when you really don't Just keep pushing through.

Good luck! Lemme know how it goes.
edit on 30-1-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89
 


I just run as a pass time, not in races or such, just keeping fit. I have had that fluid stuff no matter how physically fit i was in life, and i just accept it. But i know what you mean about running through it, and you need to probably be in races for the motivation of this tactic.

ta.



posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
yeah i normally use a speedboat or a light aircraft, i make sure to fly ow enough to avoid radar and i have only been shot at a few times by the feds.



posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by mossme89
 


I just run as a pass time, not in races or such, just keeping fit. I have had that fluid stuff no matter how physically fit i was in life, and i just accept it. But i know what you mean about running through it, and you need to probably be in races for the motivation of this tactic.

ta.


yeah, it can be hard when you're just training, and i'm one to talk because i often stop and walk when training. The races are really when i push it.

But, do you like running? Feels good, doesn't it?



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join