It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Brotherhood Moves To Form Egypt Unity Gov't Without Mubarak

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I absolutely agree; we have no right whatsoever to interfere with the internal politics of any independant nation.

But we must be realistic and honest when evaluating the possible ramifications of any regime change, especially in somewhere as influential and strategically important as Egypt.

And we must be ready and prepared to act accordingly.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I absolutely agree; we have no right whatsoever to interfere with the internal politics of any independant nation.

But we must be realistic and honest when evaluating the possible ramifications of any regime change, especially in somewhere as influential and strategically important as Egypt.

Act accordingly... like lets invade or nuke them?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It would seem that this is a precipice for many nations, including the U.S.

If this comes to pass it will have enormous consequences.

Is anyone else seeing what I am seeing here???

Was this planned ahead of time???!

Abdel-Monaem Abdel-Maqsoud, a lawyer representing the Muslim Brotherhood, said 34 members were arrested and taken to a prison north-west of Cairo ahead of last Friday's mass protests. All 34 got away last night, he said, including seven senior leaders

www.guardian.co.uk...

That cannot be a coincidence.
edit on 30-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Deja Vu?

-Iran, 1978-79
Long time western ally, the Shah of Iran falls to revolution engineered by Islamic extremists. Talks of democratic republic give way to the return of the Ayatollah Khomeini and the installation of Islamic regime.

In Washington, James Earl Carter, Democrat and President elected following years of unhappiness and embarrassment with outgoing Republican administration of Richard Nixon (completed by Gerald Ford), displays determined ineptness in handling the situation. Islamic radicals storm the US embassy in Tehran, seizing those inside as hostages. The new Khomeini regime embraces the act and the whole thing becomes a prolonged sideshow as Carter seems impotent. A rescue attempt fails, costing the lives of US service personnel and creates further embarrassment.

-Egypt, 2011
Long time western ally, President Hosni Mubarak, falls to revolution engineered by Islamic extremists. Talks of democratic republic give way to the rise of The Muslim Brotherhood and the installation of Islamic regime.

In Washington, Barack Hussein Obama, Democrat and President elected following years of unhappiness and embarrassment with outgoing Republican administration of George W. Bush, displays determined ineptness in handling the situation...

Those who do not care to recall, or learn from history, are indeed destined, if not doomed to repeat it.

edit on 30-1-2011 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
We must then seek common grounds ...

There is no 'common grounds' with the Muslim Brotherhood. They want to scrap the peace treaty with Israel and their battle cry is Islam is the solution! They aren't exactly living in the twentyfirst century and will take Egypt backwards instead of forwards.
edit on 1/30/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube

Act accordingly... like lets invade or nuke them?

You may support such action but I assure you I do not!

But that does not mean I support weak kneed appeasement policies either.

Why did you cherry pick that part of my post to try to brand me as some sort of war mongerer and completely ignore the opening line of my post?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is discouraging! It to early to see how things will shake out, but I always expected the Muslim Brotherhood and other fundamentalist groups to capitalize on the crisis taking place in Egypt. This group is a bad as they come, and are partially responsible for the situation Egypt is in today. It was extremism that was responsible for the assassination of Egyptian President, Anwar Sadat, and in the crisis that followed his Vice President, Hosni Mubarak, seized power and started the autocracy they are protesting against.

The very people who are prancing around exploiting the situation are the same people who dragged Egypt down the road to Muburak's dictatorship. They are some pit vipers and are no friends of Egypt. Of course, they will put on a good show and portray themselves as a peaceful and legitimate political organization, but that is smoking mirrors. These people need to oppose with every fiber of their being the gestures by this group and any others purveying fundamentalist or extremist ideologies. Or all that they are working for and sacrificing is for nothing, because one tyranny will take over for another. Just my two cents.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Deja Vu?

Oh yeah, big time!

We should have seen this coming.

Obama Overtures to Muslim Brotherhood Recall Carter's Craven Outreach to Ayatollah Khomeini

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

When will we start learning from the lessons history teaches us?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
There is no 'common grounds' with the Muslim Brotherhood. They want to scrap the peace treaty with Israel and their battle cry is Islam is the solution! They aren't exactly living in the twentyfirst century and will take Egypt backwards instead of forwards.
edit on 1/30/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

First of all, they are NOT the govt elect. at least not yet.

Secondly, if they were elected, they will still have to answer to the congress and masses who put them into power. And war if forced upon or evangalizing of the peaceful islam theology to the free world is the furtherest thing on the mind of Egyptians right now,should stablity be restored. They have their critical needs to fulfil first.

Thirdly, should at a later date the muslim brotherhood, should they even be elected in the first place, manages to convince the educated people of Egypt for the need to evangelized the world, it is still a world that promotes freedom of worship, afterall, no matter what. it is still to our common creator no matter the form of worship, and mankind does have that choice, unless one is against such freedom, then speak so now.

Thus, we must stand back, watch and learn how Egyptians will handle their own affairs on their own free will today and wish them luck and stay safe.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I don't think that either you or I will see this in our lifetimes..perhaps in the next..we can only hope.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Funny thing, the 2008 election was all about "Change" .

What we got was more of the same. And its ironic is it not?

Yhe Muslim Brotherhood, which murdered Mubarak's predecessor Egyptian President Anwar Sadat;
spawned Al Qaeda and Hamas, and now pretends to be non-violent.

Thats change alright.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Again, this is shaping up to be quite the cliff hanger.

Despite peace treaty, Israel has maintained ability to fight two-front war

The story goes that an Israeli army chief of general staff once came to his headquarters and announced that he had some good news and some bad news. The bad news was that

Egypt now has top-of-the-line, sophisticated U.S. weaponry.

The good news was … that Egypt has top-of-the-line, sophisticated U.S. weaponry.

American military support – and the spare parts to keep the equipment running -- comes with conditions attached, including that they aren’t used against Washington’s Israeli ally. Nevertheless, Israel never abandoned its doctrine to maintain forces capable of fighting a two-front war, even if it hadn’t faced Egypt on the battlefield for over 37 years and has formally been at peace with it since 1979.

www.themedialine.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is coming down unbelieveably fast!

ElBaradei hails new era on Day Six of Egypt anger

Top dissident Mohamed ElBaradei told a sea of angry protesters in Cairo on Sunday that they were beginning a new era after six days of a deadly revolt against embattled President Hosni Mubarak.

Nobel peace laureate ElBaradei, mandated by Egyptian opposition groups including the banned Muslim Brotherhood to negotiate with Mubarak's regime, hailed "a new Egypt in which every Egyptian lives in freedom and dignity."

"We are on the right path, our strength is in our numbers," ElBaradei said in his first address to the protest epicentre on Cairo's Tahrir square. "I ask you to be patient, change is coming."

Advertisement: Story continues below "We will sacrifice our soul and our blood for the nation," the angry crowd shouted. "The people want to topple the president."

Brotherhood leaders Essam el-Erian and Saad el-Katatni, who walked out of prison earlier on Sunday after their guards fled, also addressed the crowd.

news.smh.com.au...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Call me cynic... When will we start learning from the lessons history teaches us?

The problem I have is... what is the lesson? Because people talking about lesson but I have hard time to decide which lesson people are referring to.
edit on 30/1/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

Freedom comes with a price, its not acheived by 5 day protests.
When the people think that escape from one form of Tyranny is to acquiesce to
a stronger form of Tyranny, they will lose.

You cant force people to surrender their sovereighn nations and individual rights, freedoms, and constitutions to a one world govenment. They have to want it, to beg for it, to be led to a place where they demand it.

And one way to do thiat is to create so much misery and chaos that the old foundation, roots into way of life
and civilized culture breaks way underfoot from the weight of the mayhem.

We are well on the way.

Go to the George Soros/Zbigniew Brzezinski Crisis Groups Website and you will see that the Egyptian clashes have hit surprisingly close to home for them. That's because none other than their own Mohamed ElBaradei, sitting on their board of trustees, is the self-proclaimed leader of the unrest unfolding across the streets of Cairo. The International Crisis Group's recent condemnation of ElBaradei's detention and admission of his membership amongst "the Group" is accompanied by calls for the government to stop using violence against the protesters.
www.activistpost.com...

edit on 30-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

And what your surprised that the Muslim Brotherhood was behind the protests? like i said in some of the threads these revolutions or riots happen for a reason.

But just because they happen don't count out the Muslim Brotherhood.

The Muslim Brotherhood was very much behind the protests and alot of ATS Users here was so quick to jump in and support the Egyptians protests without thinking logical.

When the Muslim Brotherhood take over Egypt they will very well will attack Israel but i guess ATS users don't and wont care.

Just so you know these protests in the middle east weren't the start of a global awaking, so don't kid yourself.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

When the Muslim Brotherhood take over Egypt they will very well will attack Israel but i guess ATS users don't and wont care.

No I am not suprised at all.
The peices were falling into place were quite some time.

However, if you scream fire in a crowded theater before the fire starts, its hard to get people
to pay attention when the fire rages.

Thats what we are seeing now. ATS is no different than the rest of the world,
in that history does not present itself clearly. It must be read, studied, learned, put to memory.

Because there will always be someone wanting to rewrite history, so they can use yesterdays playbook all over again, and pull it off.

Tunisian Wikileaks Putsch: CIA Touts Mediterranean Tsunami of Coups; Libya, Egypt, Syria, Algeria, Jordan, Italy All Targeted; US-UK Want New Puppets to Play Against Iran, China, Russia; Obama Retainers Cass Sunstein, Samantha Power, Robert Malley, International Crisis Group Implicated in Destabilizations

The US intelligence community is now in a manic fit of gloating over this weekend’s successful overthrow of the Tunisian government of President Ben Ali. The State Department and the CIA, through media organs loyal to them, are mercilessly hyping the Tunisian putsch of the last few days as the prototype of a new second generation of color revolutions, postmodern coups, and US-inspired people power destabilizations. At Foggy Bottom and Langley, feverish plans are being made for a veritable Mediterranean tsunami designed to topple most existing governments in the Arab world, and well beyond. The imperialist planners now imagine that they can expect to overthrow or weaken the governments of Libya, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Algeria, Yemen, and perhaps others, while the CIA’s ongoing efforts to remove Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi (because of his friendship with Putin and support for the Southstream pipeline) make this not just an Arab, but rather a pan-Mediterranean, orgy of destabilization.

tarpley.net...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Interesting article and turn of events if true.

However I'll take the story with a grain of salt and consider it's source. No offense to anybody in particular but I trust haaretz's objectivity about as much as I trust PressTV's....

I've taken and will maintain a wait and see approach.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oh yes, and lets throw into the mix the Brookings Institute.

Don't Fear Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood

www.brookings.edu...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join