It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bypass a media blackout? Hijack a satellite! (Update: UAE Internet down?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Dear ATS,

Long time lurker/first serious post.

In the world of controlled media black-out operations, there lies only two forms initiation-- hard and soft. A hard black-out currently faces the world with regard to news surrounding the current Egyptian unrest. A 'Blackout' does not mean a lack of coverage; rather, a controlled/edited view of a public situation. This can be very dangerous, as attention is directed toward mainstream media outlets, rather than relying on open channels of communication between the citizens worldwide.

As of a few days ago all independent sources of news coming out of Egypt were terminated. That means zero blogs, zero texts, zero e-mails, zero facebook messages. The Egyptian people have lost their voice.

** Notice the viable peak in packet transfers between the hours of 1-3PM and make your own assertion.

Now concerned citizens across the globe turn to the mainstream media to shed light on what is otherwise an effective display of corporations controlling the power of free speech in Egypt.

While indie-news agencies throughout the world continue to toss around ideas on how to communicate with Egyptian locals; (Shortwave and faxes are currently underway) I propose an alternative, simpler solution-- Hijack a satellite.

A while ago I stumbled upon a way to utilize random satellites as a chat-room. Amateur satellite radio hobbyists have used similar HAM frequencies, pointed directionally through a boom antenna, toward satellites as they passed overhead. The result, many people who would otherwise be unable to communicate due to HAM radio range limitations now had the ability to hear and communicate with each other for brief windows of time. AO-51 is one such satellite which passes over Egypt, during which time such hobbyists from all over Asia and Europe have a rare window of opportunity to break the veil of secrecy at a range far beyond that of standard CB/HAM communication.

"AO-51 passes are short (normally only 15 minutes or less), so preparation will pay off. "

AMSAT
AO-51 Wikipedia
Tutorial on utilizing echo communication

Each of us must live to continue to keep live, free, open channels of communication able for all regardless of religion, location or ethnicity. All of us need to start looking beyond traditional means of communication to ensure the establishment of these ideals as a defined human right. There is no future for a world without freedom of expression.

- J Hathaway
edit on 30-1-2011 by Jhathaway because: Revision

edit on 30-1-2011 by Jhathaway because: Rumor?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Great first post. Just reading through your links now.

Had no idea this was possible, very interesting alternative means of communication.

Have you tried it yet?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jhathaway

I...I think I love you!!

Amazing information, Thank You.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Absolutely! Our results have been, at the very least, rewarding; translation is currently underway. I only hope that this will inspire others here at ATS to educate themselves on current technology and alternative forms of communication. Alt-Com does exist.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Let me guess this straight, you are preparing to hijack a satellite?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Fantastic information. I wonder where I could buy all that things to communicate like this.
Do you need a permission to use the frequency? Does someone know this?

S&F

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

READ THIS! My sister just got a text from her ex boyfriend (father of my nephews) saying that the Internet has been shut down and other media is being terminated in Dubai (Where he works) This is amazing! Sorry in advance I can't post threads yet :/

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Check out the tutorial video in the original post for a detailed description on what materials are needed for this style of echo-communication, then cross reference with Google to find retail outlets near you. The limiting factor in this theory, of course, would be the few numbers of short wave radios; however, by educating others on this practice, materials could be easily acquired and effectively practiced for journalistic, crisis-relief and civil defense purposes.

Use of the AO-51 satellite is not illegal; however, the legality involved when considering other relay points in orbit should be investigated.

When operating in the US I believe the FCC requires all operators to be registered through their own tech licensing program. Again, I cannot speak regarding the legality of such activities in other countries, as acquiring the equipment needed is fairly simple.

The people of Egypt are speaking out, but are you really listening?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

I am sitting in (chat.eu.freenode.net #altcom) for a bit if you have any more information on the events you claim are unfolding in the UAE.

Realtime UAE Update through Twitter
edit on 30-1-2011 by Jhathaway because: Revision

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
When they crash things or earth changes happen, or if people start to wake up, this is very good info. Also building ham radios. We need to get cracking. And to keep computers going and inventions too,
www.greenoptimistic.com...

think magnets, and wheels, and generators/batteries/storage.

This doesnt defy physics either, nor does anti gravity. From what i've been told, this is the outcome of studying the planet, its poles, rotation, orbit, and the solar system. Electro magnetic energy is no different than the way the earth rotates in reality and unlike antigravity which require scalar waves and thus would put some dangerous weapon potentials in some dysfunctional people's hands, if released just out in the ope (though I think the leaders and para military already fit the bill on this, and this technology has already been in psycho killers and bullies hands), however, the wheels and magnets, the electro magnetic, that was not to prevent cities being targeted, that was just PURE GREED.

Think of generators in every home, even tent homes and yurts, that will bring abundant energy, computers, free internet by hacking into satellites, and all the energy we need for vehicles, and factories, clean technology, inventions, need batteries but we also can grow quartz crystals, without depleting mother earth, that can store things better than our batteries and hard drives.

The energy makes desalinating the ocean and the end of all famines and droughts free or cost efficient depending on the upkeep of equipment. But we don't money, even volunteering would do this. Also, we can keep fertile land for real crops, but earthship homes shows how much can be grown iwthin our homes, even bananas, with abundant energy think underground green houses, roof top ones, there is no limit.

Hemp and cotton linens as constant renewable crops for paper, toilet paper, for example, and also for biodegradable plastics, clothing, insulation batting.

Not to menitont that solid state, and I mean SOLID, hologarms are being developed. Now, can you imagine your house, weatherized and completely weather proof, just being added to the holographic universe we already live in. Our bodies are solid state holograms. They're doing this now, the potential is enormous. Talk about easy on the land resources!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I have seen efficient communities such as the ones you describe and know that their practice of low-impact living is gathering a larger global presence exponentially. Having witnessed such groups, I am more than sympathetic to your cause and deeply appreciate your enthusiasm, but lets try to keep this conversation directed toward the subject of alternative forms of communication, rather than rehashing old arguments on sustainable living.

Friend, we still have time to save the Earth, but across the globe there are people at this very moment that are quickly losing their own right to be heard.

Based off of what a previous poster has just stated, it might be spreading to the UAE.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Jhathaway because: Revised

top topics

join