It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we wasting time putting drug users in jail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
First off Why do you we waste time putting prostitutes and drug users in jail?If a prostitute wants to sale her body for sex go head let her.

What if drug users want to use drugs. Alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana,crack,meth,etc. But my point is that prostitutes are good at having sex if that is what they are good at let them do it.They might have kids to feed and thats the only way the can make money.

But really? Why do we put them in jail? Put rapist,child molesters, murderers,in jail.If we spent more time actually capturing the bad guy then we wouldn't have as many children getting hurt.Because last time I checked drugs aren't as bad as people say they are.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more mate!Giving someone a police record for something like smoking pot then impacts their life in other ways as more and more jobs demand that you have no record.It also means to get drugs you have to sometimes get involved with proper criminals which isn't a good thing.The system in my country is always moaning about rising numbers in jails-it's obvious why,they are very hard on drug users which I think is ridiculous not all drug users feed their habit by crime.The bad criminals seem to get smaller sentences all the time yet for having say 28 grams of heroin here you will get 5 years.the cannabis thing also is a joke I feel that this is to do with governments being 'in bed' with big pharma companys-they like to sell you their drugs to keep you healthy so the last thing that the want is you being able to produce yourself a drug like cannabis which can treat dozens of illnesses.The top drug adviser to the Blair government here got the sack for speaking out and saying that cannabis and exctasy are safer than drinking and smoking.definitly a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Make no mistake...drugs are bad for you. Each one, in its varying form, has varying degrees of "badness". I would not want my son to do drugs, and feel that I have to be VERY clear on that matter.

But, having said that, if a man is not free to do to his body what he wishes, he is not free. he is a slave. it is strange we live in a culture that allows abortions because of a womans right to choose what to do with her body, but still denies the legalization of drugs for the opposite reason. It is a stark hypocrisy in our laws.

They say you can't legislate morality. but that is exactly what they are trying to do.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Make no mistake...drugs are bad for you. Each one, in its varying form, has varying degrees of "badness". I would not want my son to do drugs, and feel that I have to be VERY clear on that matter.

But, having said that, if a man is not free to do to his body what he wishes, he is not free. he is a slave. it is strange we live in a culture that allows abortions because of a womans right to choose what to do with her body, but still denies the legalization of drugs for the opposite reason. It is a stark hypocrisy in our laws.

They say you can't legislate morality. but that is exactly what they are trying to do.
It isn't the government job to hold our hand.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiesC4

Please explain that to a certain political party as they seem to believe everything is their business. In my opinion the reason for all of it being against the law is for one reason only: Money. With the cover of "We care about you".

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiesC4

Nope, it sure isn't.

But, as i referenced in my previous post, it IS the job of a parent. That is as far as my protest goes.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Levels of severity are not the point. If I want to do something to my body behind closed doors,and I am not hurting anyone in the process, I should be free to do so without any issues with legislation and/or law enforcement.

-B
edit on 30-1-2011 by baked because: (no reason given)

top topics

join