It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PepsiCo Enters Dairy Market and Sets Up Global Nutrition Group.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Pepsi takes lead in Russia's dairy and juice market

PepsiCo steps up its Russia duel with Coca-Cola through a $3.8bn acquisition that also reinforces its hand in eastern Europe and central Asia PepsiCo Inc has established itself as Russia’s largest food-and-beverage business with a $3.8bn takeover of juice and dairy king Wimm-Bill-Dann. The US conglomerate paid a hefty 32% premium over the 30-day average trading price for Wimm-Bill-Dann’s shares to secure a 66% stake in the Russian company. Source

Pepsi contains phosphoric acid, fluoride, aspartame, caffeine and whole bunch of other chemicals, apart from drinking, it is a good cleaning agent - it can clean toilets, floors, Rust, Clothes and it is also a good pesticide. Farmers are using it in India, and it works great due to its acidic contents.

So what do you think will we be able to use their dairy products for other purposes besides drinking or eating them.

edit on 30/1/11 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

GLOBAL: PepsiCo eyes fruit, veg, dairy with nutrition unit

PepsiCo is to create a nutrition business unit to develop new products in a series of food categories. The US food and drink giant said today (7 October) that it has set up a "global nutrition group" to "deliver breakthrough innovation" in fruit and vegetables, grains, dairy and functional foods. Source

Pepsi Nutrition is going global.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it. Chemicals can be used for any purpose. Even oxygen is dangerous, but we still breathe in air, which contains oxygen. Being afraid of "chemicals" is what people who've never learned chemistry do.

Did I mention I like fast food? Flame away.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i hate when these companies get to big,,,,, they have to much pull, and control in industry

i remember when pepsi, coke agreed to pull soda's out of school's,,,,, it was only because they have gotten into/bought up water companies, orange/fruit juice
otherwise they would have went bonkers

it seems the bigger they get,,, the less they care,,, or worry of about what people think , want

the local pizza guy cares what i think and i can have some semblance of control,,, or input
the owner hears my complaint

does the pepsi ceo read my complaint,,,, or care what i think,,,, of course not
it's about stock price, share price and his salary,,,, and cutting costs, employees,,,,

it's just not good,,, is wehat i'm saying

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

a foot in the door. they had better tread carefully in russia imo. through this i do hope an inhouse org is created to encourage competition in the drinks market. somethiing like 'kremlin cola' perhaps or 'budski' alternative alcoholic beverage.
f

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Yes i agreed with you coke and Pepsi are not good at all, Coke and Pepsi were banned in many Indian states because they were not revealing their actual content, so what is so secretive about the ingredients they are using. This made news back in 2006 but they still have not left India.

I found this shocking documentary on how these soda empires treated their workers in Colombia, Guatemala and Turkey. A must see....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think these companies are expanding their territory, because in many countries people have recognized that Pepsi and coke had poisons in them so they stopped drinking them. As a result the sales of these companies reduced significantly.

DIET COKE AND ASPARTAME

The photo of a crumpled can of Diet Coke told the story in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Coke's hometown paper. Fitting, poetic, just, but tragic for the company once rated "The Most Admired Business in the World". Today Coke wouldn't even make the list. Sales are down, profits collapsing, and 6,000 employees soon will be gone. To make room for 6,000 defense attorneys? The tragedy is stupendously larger than 6,000 jobs; it affects hundreds of millions of unwarned, innocent, afflicted consumers across the broad face of planet earth. Source.

Now they have gotten a new way of poisoning the society by entering the dairy market.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That's kinda freaky. I live off Coca Cola to be honest. love it way too much. I'll have vitamin water daily of course but still love my soda. I know diet is bad for people definitely.

new topics

top topics

join