It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Army Ordered to use live ammunition

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Hmm, Sulieman was the Head of the intelligence corps, so is the hard man backing up Mubarak with arrests and torture of political prisoners over the years. He is a much worse man to have in the charge than Mubarak, in my opinion.

Sounds like the NWO pick to me. If he retains power, I do not foresee any major policy changes on Egypt's part.

yes, I have read about this guy.

we have a guy like him in the US.
His name is Charles Manson.
But lucky for us, he's in
prison right now.

Maybe ya'll in Egypt should do the same
with Sulieman ???

edit on 1/30/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think the USA - both Clinton and Obama should keep a lid on it and let things take it's natural course in Egypt; Clinton and Obama are NOT Egyptians, their opinions are not welcome right now.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
I think the USA - both Clinton and Obama should keep a lid on it and let things take it's natural course in Egypt; Clinton and Obama are NOT Egyptians, their opinions are not welcome right now.

Acctually you're wrong, the Egyptian people want the US and other countries to stand with them, they have said this, they want the US to tell mubarack to stand down, the decissions america makes now will reflect on egypts relationship in the future.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
reply to post by flk1331

The Egyptian president should be judged for high treason, by the Army. A president ordering Army to kill the population is nothing else than a mass murderer. I see the pattern of the Romanian revolution everywhere in here! We also had helicopters and airplanes flying down back in December 89.. this is designed to intimidate population!

Here we go, our history is repeating !
en.wikipedia.org...

We (in Romanian ) had just over 1000 deaths for a population of 23 millions..

Thanks for sharing this, I had no idea that Romania had a revolution. Although I was young then. Reading now.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Ben81
They say 150 killed ..
its game over for the mubarak government ... nobody will support him now

HES FINISH

so is 150 people dead the magic number
that gets Revolution in a country ???

(Note to self) remember this number
when these protests come to America.
I have never been to Egypt,.
From what I have seen It is not of high or medium class for the majority.
I find it difficult that the US,. being in the majority of middle class would choose to revolt
in such a manor that would require such a military response.
The US citizens seem to be far more civilized in the face of this situation.
mind you, this is not Katrina. and the people that were causing THAT mayhem were of the same
financial status as the peoples rioting in Egypt.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The Egyptian Army won't follow these orders. I've seen plenty of pictures of them siding with, or at the very least stopping the police and secret service types from causing any more harm. The Egyptians respect their Army, unlike the Police and Government, so hopefully they will reciprocate.

Don't forget, the Tunisian Army was orderd to do the same, the next day their President fled the country and the Army openly promised to support the people.

From what I'm seeing and hearing this appears to be the case.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Obama supports the protestors but fall short by advising Mubarak what to do to stay in power?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Its late for me and I just now saw this thread - I was of the understanding that the military is split. The higher officials with more pay being on the side of Mubarak and others on low pay being for the protestors. Any comments on this?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
NOT GOOD but they need to restore order. They cant have people raiding and vandalizing the museums and burning buildings. And the police need to get back to work but not confront peaceful protesters. They need to deter the roving gangs of thugs. Citizens are being forced to take up arms to defend themselves and their communities from the thugs in the absence of a police presence. This is one rationale to protect the right to keep and bear arms....the thugs are certainly armed.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
this all seems like a movie. everything is going to # and the american people aren't doing anything about it

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Personally, I hope the Egyptians are willing to use live ammunition as well. I hope it turns into such a blood bath that it wakes up the rest of the people on this crazy planet to the injustices of the world. I hate to feel this way but I'm just tired of all the B.S.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

This song sums it all up! "WE ARE THE WORLD!" Thanks, Michael!

edit on 31-1-2011 by jamiejames because: Error in pasting video info

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

It's not only in the best interests of the Egyptian people but also a vast majority of the military that there is a good outcome from all of this. The Egyptians really have been suffering for way too long. You only have to go afew km out of Cairo to the suburbs of the poor people to see their sufferings.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOTOFBS

Would you make such stupid comments if there was a revolution in the USA?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vforvictory303
this all seems like a movie. everything is going to # and the american people aren't doing anything about it
Why is it up to America? I am tired of us being the world's policeman. We need to pull all of our troops home and get out of the un. Time for America to take care of Americans. We have our own invasion happening on our southern border. Let our troops deal with that.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

and please by all means
share with us what YOU
think us Americans
should do ???

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

and please by all means
share with us what YOU
think us Americans
should do ???
Or better yet, don't. Get your own government to go do it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamiejames

This song sums it all up! "WE ARE THE WORLD!" Thanks, Michael!

indeed !!!! thanks Michael !!!!
and VERY worthy of a bump
and repeat chorus one more time,
here we go. I cry almost every time
I hear that song. But don't tell anybody
as big boys don't cry

And I had forgotten Harry Bellafonte
was in that video, way kewl and a bitter sweet
reminder of those in that video who r no longer
with us.

And one of my favs in there directing:
Mr. Quincy Jones, the Legend.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The mainstream media is not reporting everything that is going on there, and they are misreporting what is being shown. This whole thing is being controlled, as usual. If the internet and cell phone systems have been cut-off how is it that the media there is getting their information out? Another thing. They show the army taking someone off the street, a looter, they say. How many people over there have said how the military has been involved in false imprisonment, torture, etc., etc. in the past? What makes people think they've stopped doing this? This whole thing stinks!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Another thing. CNN is reporting and suggesting replacing the Egyptian military dictator and friends with a provisional government headed by a member of the UN, former head of the IAEA. Don't the protestors wanted to get rid of US influence in their nation? Hmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join