It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Army Ordered to use live ammunition

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kcoyote

I'm not taking sides, but surely you understand that live ammo is the natural response when a government feel itself greatly threatened by the rabble or citizenry?

If the crowds were to be peacefully assembled, had designated leaders, in-hand solutions that they want to see done, and approached the government, ...they would be met with silence and if they persisted they would be met with police, then army and eventually bullets.

In political science, the first law of that science states that a government's (any governments) first duty is to protect itself from all threats both foreign and domestic. And that is what you will see happen every time the natives get restless and want change. At that point the balance of power is tottering, and few choices remain for either side.

Rare are the instances where a government says, "OK, let's talk" and means it. (The movie Brave Heart comes to mind as an extreme example.)

Stones, burning cars and looting are attention getting messages, shortcuts, reactions to reactions (or no reactions). Unfortunately, they provide the government with a clear example of lawlessness from the street side even while it may have been engaged in acts of impunity for decades. Escalation is guaranteed.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Whats the bet Mubarak will step down? he has no choice now

opening up Boondock's Bookie Board

Mubarek steps down : Odds : 5 to 4
Mubarek stays in power : Odds : 100 to 1
Mubarek is taken out by military coup : Odds : 1 to 1 (even)
Mubarek is executed (military or protesters) : Odds : 8 to 5
Mubarek makes it out of country alive : Odds : 10,000 to 1

place ur bets gentlemen

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

This is Egypt; not Russia or China. Military will NOT use live fire and Police would'nt have the guts to take on the military there.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Bet Mubarak already left 15 mins ago????? I have got that feeling thats just what happened; that was the presidential helicopter that just flew south bound - then probably go west to Libya.

want a bet on that?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Egyptians won't harm Mubarak physically, they know he is gravely ill. They just want him to resign....but I think he's already left.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Chevalerous

Hopefully it is just a warning to be cautious. I'd imagine there are factions within the Military. Don't forget, Mubarak was a career Air Force Officer before taking over from Sadat when the latter was shot by an assassin.

exactly stu!

But I really wonder about the Airforce - we just saw the demonstration of power against the people of Cairo!

We should not be naive regarding military forces still very loyal to Mubarak's regime, me thinks!

It could very well be a split among the military forces as well perhaps?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
an update to the revolution

Protests in Sudan (Africa)

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Military already sided with demonstrators......too late to change and they won't do it

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
thousands more protestors just joining in the square NOW.... wow, and some military pulling back...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

The military pulling back is making me nervous....they have no reason to do so other than to get out of the way.but of what??

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

or because Mubarak has left and top military called to pull back to be told???

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
reply to post by Itop1

The military pulling back is making me nervous....they have no reason to do so other than to get out of the way.but of what??

Attack by the vicious security forces against the people this evening!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The military wont stand back and let the police kill people, the military will protect civilians like they did this morning, the military parked their armoured trucks between police and protestors

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I think Suleiman is in FULL control now

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

That would be very worrying as well!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

yes it would
he is intel chief isn't he ???
err VP now ???

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Hmm, Sulieman was the Head of the intelligence corps, so is the hard man backing up Mubarak with arrests and torture of political prisoners over the years. He is a much worse man to have in the charge than Mubarak, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Omar Suleiman was Intelligence Chief but now sworn in as Vice President, 1st time in 30 years.

I still think Mubarak has gone to a secret destination and Suleiman taken full power.....yet to unfold but I'm pretty darn sure this is what has happened about 1/2 hour ago. Suleiman might try to take a hard line in the coming hours but I see opposition leader new leader of Egypt about a month from now.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Chevalerous

yes it would
he is intel chief isn't he ???
err VP now ???

I just say this:

CYA rendition flights to Egypt - Torture by proxy regime - Suleiman = boss of these operations in Egypt.

"Egypt is where you send people you never want to see again," - Rober Baer, CIA Department of Operations

A strongman who is very loyal to the dictatorship and the fascist regime of Egypt - a dangerous man for the freedom loving opposition and the people of Egypt?

Peace!
edit on 30-1-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Hmm, Sulieman was the Head of the intelligence corps, so is the hard man backing up Mubarak with arrests and torture of political prisoners over the years. He is a much worse man to have in the charge than Mubarak, in my opinion.
Sounds like the NWO pick to me. If he retains power, I do not foresee any major policy changes on Egypt's part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join