It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not just another NDE, right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is a long answer to a short question. There has been a few of you who have asked me about the bullet in my spine, so I figured that I might as well tell the whole story. I was incredibly shot and had this NDE at fifteen years old.

My older brother Dan and I were shooting squirrels out of the tops of pine trees in the summer of 1975. We had taken a 32 pistol from my parents closet for sport. After an hour we had walked back in the house to return it to the closet before our parents got home, but no, Dan sat in the living room.and started pulling the trigger. He was pointing the gun at the picture on the wall, TV and the clock. CLICK,CLICK,CLICK. I said "If you won't put it away, I got nothing to do with it." I turned to go downstairs, and he pointed it at me pulling the trigger once again.

I suddenly felt like I was laying on my back on a red hot oven. I fell down and couldn't breath. There were two shattered ribs and two broken on the other side of me spine. My left lung was collapsed and I couldn't move. Dan was right there and asked if I was OK. I couldn't really breath, nor could I talk very well. After 30 seconds of freaking out he decided to jump off of dead mans cliff! I suddenly got my voice back. I coaxed him to get the phone book out and call the hospital that was thirty five miles away. As he waited with me for the forty five minutes it took for the ambulance to get there, I made him promise not to kill himself and that I would be fine. As I was being loaded into the ambulance, my mom pulled into the driveway, our eyes met and I passed out.

I woke up minutes before we got to the hospital. They said they were not equipped to help me. Excepting the four quarts of blood they put in the ambulance. So off to UC Davis in Sacramento I went. It had been an hour and a half since I was shot and UCD was another forty five minuets away. There they took 20 or 30 X rays and decided not to remove the bullet. However they wanted to do an exploratory stomach surgery to look for internal bleeding. I protested to no avail. I was in the emergency room within ten minutes. They injected my IV and asked me to count backwards from 100. When I got to 80 there were even more doctors above me, mumbling something. When I got to 74, I counted eight faces that were all starting to freak out. I heard "has anyone ever made it to 90?" and "Alex, come take a look at this."

Suddenly I was floating 2 to 3 feet above my body and turning slowly to face the operating table. I saw the eight surgeons working on me as I began to go through the through the celling of the room.

Everything was pitch dark and my arms were straight out from my sides. I could make out a large tunnel, it looked like an entrance to a castle lined with large bricks, lining a 40 x 20 foot arch. I was floating towards it very slowly. I could only move my eyes and I saw four or five beings on either side of the entrance. They were short and dressed in black hooded robes that hid their eyes. I floated into the tunnel and felt truly relaxed in the darkness. Then a light appeared directly in front of me. I figured it was a mile or two away and approaching. It was smaller than a star and coming fast. I was conscious of my life at that point and as the light got to become brighter, I heard my own voice say. "I don't want to die" three times over. Upon the third time, the light began to shrink, I realized I was going back and wanted another look at those hooded beings. I went out the same as I came in to the tunnel. I was unable to see their faces (as I was 10 feet above them) about 30 feet from the opening of the tunnel, I woke up in my hospital bed with 52 stitches and two IV things in each arm. Little did I know that an hour and a half routine operation had lasted four and a half hours. After a few days some of the surgeons came to my room and told me I had flat lined for one minute seventeen seconds. They said it was because my stomach was so muscular that they couldn't get me back together.

One of them told me "no football ever again, please, because it might move the bullet that is still in your spine, it's a 1/4 inch from paralyzing you form the neck down." I had played football at 90% of all positions on offense (not quarterback) defense and special teams. Along with my family visiting, there were least 40 priests came to my hospital room and "prayed" in my room in their own different ways, then all left like they just did something important. Long about the 35th priest, who threw holly water on me! That was it for me and I was getting pissed. I asked if he did that to everyone here? This is unfair! He calmly replied "you don't know do you?" You are a miracle, your story has been in the papers and on TV for 2 weeks now. Then I realized they all came far away just to see me. That really hit me pretty hard. I was released after 2 weeks, my brother was on a bed in the living room! I turned to my mom and asked why. She said he has been unable to speak for the whole 2 weeks.I went over to him and said "Dan, I'm OK, it's alright" he pointed at a glass of water and I handed it to him in amazement. Dan started to talk a week later and after another week he was back to normal. Of course my forgiveness was instant seeing him like that in the living room. Four years later he was in the Navy and had a kidney operation in Guam- where he got aids through the transfusion- they didn't test the blood supply in back then, and so he died in 1989.

The sheriff department determined that the old rusty revolver misfired every 20 rounds.(the firing pin wouldn't reach the bullet, leaving a live round)

It's been thirty five years and I haven't taken anything stronger than Advil once a week. I have avoided any serious health issues, namely the lead poisoning. Although the pain has never subsided, (feels like a hot piano is being pressed into my back) I have been able to fight it one day at a time. I have physically built houses from the ground up, went snow skiing for years and currently have two beautiful grandchildren. I really do feel truly blessed to be alive. If you have had a similar story, I would love to read it.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Tribble because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing the experience. I love reading about NDEs.

But why were you shooting at squirrels with a gun?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Thank you for a sharing that with us. I can't add to it except to provide a point of reference.
Some of the younger ATSers won't know that stories such as yours are rather new. Surely, they have happened during the whole of human history, but such things were not talked about openly. As recently as the late 1960s, NDEs were unheard of in the major media. You had to be a reader of Fate magazine or similar rags at that time to know of such events. I don't believe the acronym NDE was not even in use then.

Given that time and situation, I was awestruck when my next door neighbor lady and friend told her husband and me about her experience in a very simlar situation. In the hospital undergoing an operation, she recounted how she had left her body, floated to the ceiling, looked down on what was happening and eventually returned to her body.

I knew her fairly well as rather unsophisticated middle-class woman with basic Christian religious beliefs that did not encompass quite that scenerio. As she floated, she knew that she was dying,but had no emotions about it, and there were no religious implications of her experience, but I'm sure the whole of it reinforced her beliefs. Usually such folks come back with no fear of death. ( Note: I am not religious myself, but am strongly spiritual today but was not in those days.)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
First off, I am sorry for your loss. I am curious, did you tell your brother about your NDE, and if so what was his reaction?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What a truly amazing story! I too am sorry for your loss. I believe that we are more than just our physical bodies and that life does continue after death.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
amazing story..thank you for writeing this i often wondered what it was like after we passed (for reasons of my own) In a strange way it was comforting ..and im also sorry for your loss..thanks again for takeing the time to write this ..hugs to you friend~~

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thank you for your story.

Very curious to know...... did you ever "shoot at squirrels" again or did you ever do any hunting after that?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

When you live in the boonies there isn't much to do. We shot squirrels and woodpeckers for fun. We used the pellet rifle most of the time. When we could we grabbed a gun and returned it before our parents got home.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I didn't know about NDE's until the late 80's. So I never told anyone about it until the early 90's. Since then I understand it is very common.

I think your neighbor spared you the details of what happened in between the floating. There is no fear when it happens, and that definably bled into the rest of my life. I will write about the things that have occurred since then soon. I have an occasional visible halo that people still point at and ask "what is that?". I have found missing children using remote viewing and have read palms with such accuracy that people thought I was a witch.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
Thank you for your story.

Very curious to know...... did you ever "shoot at squirrels" again or did you ever do any hunting after that?

Good question. I have never used a gun since that day. I lived in Anchorage throughout the 90's and only killed fish. If a gun is ever set on a table, nine times out of ten it is pointing at me and I have to move to the side.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Hi sweetie, I am almost sure the "near death experience" is controlled and or contrived by how we live our life. I have always lived by Karma and all that.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wonderful of you to share this part of your life.

A very vivid account.

I myself had a couple of NDE's in the end of 2004, I tend not to talk about it much, however the following organisation does have the account, I really really am sure they would be interested in you adding you yours.

Near Death Research Foundation The largest collection of such events, and most research ever done.

Can be open and honest there no mocking of experience.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Interesting story, thank you for sharing.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I was watching a show the other day- it was a rerun of unsolved mysteries about a woman- who was abducted by these beings- wearing Robes and holding the egyptian ankh in their hands. She doesent know who or what race of beings these aliens are, but that is what your experience reminded me of.

Also, your description of the tunnel being lined with bricks is also fascinating. As a medium, I have daily contact with spirits, and I cross over spirits to the otherside and have seen the tunnel many times and have seen it primarily as a light tunnel- with no physical definition to it. I try to help as many spirits as i can cross over when they get stuck earthbound. But I have never heard of these hooded entities you have described.

Did you get a feeling of forboding from them? Could they have been angels with hoods covering their wings? There are generally no- beings that are generally there to guard the tunnel. Only family and guardians to help with the transition. Very interesting.

top topics

join