It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What an Eye Opener this Site is.... Thank you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
First of all I want to thank many of the members out there that have captivated my interest intensely for the past couple of weeks! The well thought out and researched threads must take so much work and I have soaked them up like a sponge! I have come across ATS occassionaly when researching things of interest over the past year, but ever since New Year, I have focused on nothing else.

In a few weeks, I have had my mind opened so wide! I have always had many theroies about various things and I always thought that I was different, and didn't see things like everyone else, but I can't believe how much I didn't know.

For example:
1. I never realised Federal/Reserve banks were owned by private, rich families. I was gobsmacked and found it quite difficult to believe that our governments allowed this.
2. 911 - I live in Australia, and as I was quite young when this happened so I never really gave much thought to disbelieving the story... (although I never really thought the pentagon 'fit in') how wrong I was, and how I wonder how the Americans here go on knowing how corrupt their government is... (It also makes me angry we send Australians to war, and the government has to know it was a load of bull!)
3. HAARP - wow that is some scary stuff! What about the Butterfly Effect... (or is that what is hoped for??)

Now the point I am trying to get to is, how do people decipher this information/misinformation and figure out what is true? I look at the protests in the middle east and think "Good for you... Stand up and get rid of the corruption!"
but then wonder is this exactly what the NWO want?

I have to say my eyes have been opened to what a truly scary world we live in.... but in saying that I would never take it back, and feel relieved I am being "enlightened".

P.S. I am incredibly new at this and if anyone has any tips for me I would be most grateful.
edit on 30-1-2011 by meeks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by meeks

Great to meet you, you already know you're going to enjoy the place so have a good time.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I can only hope that now you've opened your mind to possibility and being involved in learning about things, that you do not close it off to the possibility of some being erroneous. Because there is an abundance of that too.

I say this because the way you mention HAARP in my opinion, is not true, but this is not for me to challenge, but for you. It's where you either accept the possibility of being wrong or stick staunchly to the opinion that you have all the information you need and blindly take it as gospel. That, in my opinion, is as faulty as having never looked into things at all. It's a long walk around here

Hope you do get acquainted with people here, we're a varied lot, and you've just added another Aussie to the troops!!

It's funny, I've seen some people here for yonks and only when they reveal their aussies I click - Another one, blimey!! - we're everywhere around here lol

edit on 30/1/2011 by badw0lf because: meet the edit function, yor bestest friend

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by meeks

Hi meeks, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Hefficide,
ATS member and Moderator.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Welcome!

Originally posted by meeks
Now the point I am trying to get to is, how do people decipher this information/misinformation and figure out what is true? I look at the protests in the middle east and think "Good for you... Stand up and get rid of the corruption!"
but then wonder is this exactly what the NWO want?

Yes, I think that the NWO wants us out in the streets in a mass protest so that an excuse is set up for shots to be fired.

I think that taking over control of the monetary system in a country is the only hope for that country because the stranglehold of money is how the people get turned into slaves. So, in the U.S. where I live, I work to support public banking.

By the way, The Commonwealth Bank of Australia, before it was privatized in the 1990s, is a model for what the public banking movement in the U.S. is trying to promote.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Thanks for your reply, it's nice seeing another Aussie!

Thanks for your opinion on HAARP. To be honest I haven't read enough about it to have a concrete opinion about it anyway. I think the biggest problem I see is all the weather modification (cloud seeding) that seems to be happening (it first worried me during the Beijing olympics)... I just think mucking with the weather can only cause trouble and from my limited knowledge of HAARP, I just wonder if it is all above board.

Oh well, I guess that is the best thing about this site... learning and discussing common interests and theories with people that know what you're talking about, and don't think your nuts!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
meeks
welcome to ATS

bro, u might change ur mind
after being here a while you might
be saying later

"Man!!! Why didn't I take the BLUE pill ????"

but as Morpheus says:

"Welcome to the REAL world !!! "

and ATS can only open the door

good luck, see ya on the boards

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hey, thanks for the welcome!

And nah, who really wants to be ignorant! Besides, red is my favourite colour!!!

P.S. It's sis, not bro! not easy to tell who is male or female on here...! LOL

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! If you have any unanswered questions or would like help with anything, please don't hesitate to PM me.
- NWD

top topics

join