It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Students and Workers March the Streets of London Against Cuts. (ATS Citizen Journalist)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The streets of London were disrupted by thousands of students and workers marching against government cuts and the loss of jobs. There was very little violence, although a few arrests were made. After the main march, the protesters moved towards the Egyptian Embassy where they joined an established protest against Egypt's president. After an hour or so protesting outside the embassy, a large contingent of 'Black Bloc' demonstrators decided to march towards Oxford Street. Much of London's busiest streets were then taken over by 'Black Bloc' protesters for several hours.

edit on 30/1/11 by masqua because: Pic with profanity removed

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Do YOU Know What??!!!??

I really wish Labour had won the last General Election

BECAUSE

I'm sure that ALL you Protestors would really Like Gordon Brown ''still in charge''.....!

PDUK

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I don't know much about the politics in the U.K.,
everything seems to be heading straight to hell.
We are having riots in Egypt and now the U.K.
Star and flag...be careful
edit on 30-1-2011 by mamabeth because: spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Everything from political shootings, massive floodings, dead birds and now riots that are bring attention on a global scale. IMO, 2011 has not gotten off to a good start. And it's still just January!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Looks like open jihad in the streets of London. It happens all the time. They and their communist good-time-buddies are causing trouble.

Global Intifada? In London?

If the people of Great Britain had any sense of self-preservation, they would round up all the Pakistanis and all the Arabs and all the other Muslims and send them home. Islamic culture and British culture will never meet. All the British will get for their "tolerance" is more Jihad.

All over the planet, right now, we can see muslim nations, and Muslims residing in foreign nations engaging in open jihad, committing acts of violence and seeking to install Islamic culture.

Or maybe they are freedom fighters ushering in a new age of reason and human achievement! LOL

Jihad is real and it is going on all around you all the time.
edit on 30-1-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Haha, indeed. If Brown and Labour were still in there would be an even bigger deficit over which they had no credible plan to deal with. Brown's idea to deal with the deficit was to continue spending and basically *hope* the economy picked up in the meantime, which it wouldn't as we'd eventually have a credit downgrade, cost of borrowing would go up and we'd be another Ireland.

What those who protest the cust don't realise (or accept) is that we're simply going back to levels simliar to 2005 (not even 1997) and that these are "empty" jobs. The civil service is full of people that wouldn't know a days work if it slapped them in the face, have no idea how to spend money properly and are really only there so Labour could say "We got unemployment down" and win votes.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Wrong thread mate and you clearly didn't even read or pay any attention to what the OP was about.

Take your racist ramblings elsewhere.

edit on 30/1/11 by stumason because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
oh my GAWD !!!

anybody see that gorgeous brunette
in that 6th pic??? She's HOTTTT!!!!
ggggrrrrrrroooowwwwwllllllll !!!!

oh sorry, back to the OP

I have got to get me one of them V masks.
those things are wayyyy kewl.

Also, thanks to the OP for sharing
these pics. without citizen journalists
we as a populace won't be allowed to see
1/10 of what is really happening since the
protests in London are not getting air time
from the MSM in the states and websites.
So thanks for the share.

Now back to the brunette !!!!
does she need a boyfriend in the US ???
lol

edit on 1/30/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Really? Not my cup of tea, that girl.

Much better lookers about!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Really? Not my cup of tea, that girl.
Much better lookers about!

lol
well she's my kind of tea

no need to add sugar.
wow

edit on 1/30/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

From reading your previous posts Boondock I would have thought you were more of a 'Blondes' man.....

Regarding the thread......... Like StuMason said....... People seem to lack the simple understanding that we have spent too much....as a country.

It will be hard and a bit of a change from the "Expected' which everyone has got used to it BUT you either ADAPT or DIE.......... get on with it and stop whineing !!!

Regarding Corporate Tax Evasion, then Yes I do SUPPORT the protests because I want a fairer world NOT governed by the Corporations BUT I CANNOT support those protesting about the Austerity measures...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

I see the black jihad flag of Islam is out again.
edit on 30/1/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I looked at the the pictures, many of which were Muslims calling for Jihad. What is racist about that?

The cuts are going to hit the Muslim population the hardest as they seem to garner much of the assistance being doled out. It seems natural they would engage in Jihad in an effort to force the host nation to submit and keep on paying the jizya.

It is Jihad not racism.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

HAHA you made me relook at the pics.. Yes she is kinda hawt..

Well it is interesting though.. someone said this yr is pretty ass.. I am wondering if its making a point for 2012..

Good images man.. I did this for the g20 in pittsburgh a while ago.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
From reading your previous posts Boondock I would have thought you were more of a 'Blondes' man.....

who me?? lmao
I don't discriminate

can someone tell me where I can
buy one of those V Masks ??
those are wayy kewl.

well I would get into the convo about
the politics of London but I really
don't know very much about the
political environment there enough to
share an opinion.

But I can spot beauty when I see it

lol

oh sorry I'm goin overboard on the brunette,
maybe I've had too much Mt. Dew
to drink !!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Of course. In the coming years it will be rocks and bottles instead of signs. They want not only more government jizya payments, they want less British culture, more sharia.

Jihad.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

17 pictures with no discernable Muslims or calls for Jihad. One picture of some possibly Muslim peeps calling for some guy to be freed.

I'd suggest you go and have you vision checked.

edit on 30/1/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

To put your paranoia at ease, the photo you are suggesting is Muslims calling for Jihad was actually a protest outside the Hilton hotel in London. Their protest was against the Hasina government. This was on the way to the Egyptian Embassy where the students and workers joined the demonstration there to show solidarity.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Boondock - Saint

''well I would get into the convo about
the politics of London but I really
don't know very much about the
political environment there enough to
share an opinion.''

I wouldn't let that stop you as MOST of the protestors haven't got a bloody clue either what it is all about.....

PDUK
edit on 30-1-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: addition of text

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

If you heard what was coming out of her mouth for a protest song, then you might think twice about taking her home to mom!

There was lots of energy on the streets of London yesterday and you could feel the sense of violence just bubbling to the surface. Knives were being carried by some of the 'Black Bloc' and they occasionally tried to stop the photographers from working. There is a big union demo coming up in March and this is where the Met Police might break out their new toys to disperse crowds. Activist forums are buzzing with the idea to bring London to a standstill at the March demonstration. Having felt the anger amongst the protesters, I wouldn't be surprised if things turn very dark very quickly in the coming months.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join