It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arabic broadcaster Al-Jazeera banned in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Arabic broadcaster Al-Jazeera banned in Egypt

www.charlotteobserver.com

broadcaster Al-Jazeera says Egyptian authorities are ordering the closure of its offices covering the street protests in Cairo and elsewhere.

Read more: www.charlotteobserver.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Well so what now? No more live feed I guess.

Thanks Mubarak, ATS hopes you get hanged like Saddam now.

Ranting over, let's think about the implications, we already knew there wasn't much freedom of the press in Egypt, but for those who didn't believe it, here it is.

Al-Jazeera has denounced the closure of its activities by Cairo authorities, saying Egypt's order to ban the Arab satellite channel is aimed at censoring the voices of the Egyptian people.

www.presstv.ir...

Will Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Algeria and other fascist dictators follow pursue?

Many questions left un-answered.

www.charlotteobserver.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-1-2011 by reatarded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
well it seems I may have had a point.

Mubarek's intelligence is telling him
almost the same thing I have been saying.

Egypt arrests Muslim Brotherhood leadership.
MB is funded by CAIR who is then funded by George Soros' Tides Foundation

Egypt to shut down Cairo Bureau of Al Jazeera.
AJ is also funded by George Soros' Open Society Ins.

but I guess nobody gives a ^&$%# about that name anymore.

but I guess Mubarek is listening.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

My cat has gone missing..
Can someone please ask Soros what he did with it??

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
All this is a direct result to Israel being the next energy bank to the middle east in the event your are not aware of unfolding events, i suggest you look at recent agreement's signed between Israel and Cyprus. The close friendly meetings between Israel and Greece. Then suddenly we seen a major positive move from turkey's diplomatic unit to come into contact with Greece. The u.s. has and continues repeatedly to warn turkey regarding its hostile approach to Greece and its application to the e.u. To note ong with its hostile intercept of N.A.T.O. airfoce within the mediterranean sea only confirmed that Turkey somehow believed that N.A.T.O. would some how cave in. They chose to bluntly defy all warnings, recent leaks suggesting that its political system is as it has been known to be ruled by its military generals has placed turkey in one of the most unstable situations to date. Many feel that Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, and Turkey need to conform with the new agreements otherwise what we are witnessing will be inevitable and expanded to their physical borders.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If you want to tweet this, it is how to bypass the blocks with sat signals.

aljazeera.net... #Egypt كيف تشاهد قناة الجزيرة؟

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

Al Jazeera has told it will carry on reporting regardless. The Egyptian authorities have not as yet served any official papers on them, instead saying that their cameras would be taken if discovered.

AJ is still reporting live, and long may they continue with their reporting, the pictures of which are being picked up the world over.
On the spot reporters are not disclosing either their name or position.

Clearly the DICTATORS still running the country are more than nervous about the worldwide support being generated for the Egyptian people.

They WILL NOT stay in power THE WORLD will see to that.

I'd like to see them all dumped on the street and dealt with accordingly.

english.aljazeera.net...

Fox.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It was a little confusing during the last thirty minutes.
Al Jazeera reported themselves, that agents visited them. At first they said, they may go on air again, but not send live shots, then it was said, they were kicked out of the office.

Now they are online and show live coverage.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Or it could be a co-ordinated move by the major global powers to thwart the global Jihad. Firing up the Muslim world is not too difficult and administering the needed "reforms" can be done quickly.

The entire muslim world is firing up all over the planet, not just Egypt. This is a Global Intifada.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by tristar

Or it could be a co-ordinated move by the major global powers to thwart the global Jihad. Firing up the Muslim world is not too difficult and administering the needed "reforms" can be done quickly.

The entire muslim world is firing up all over the planet, not just Egypt. This is a Global Intifada.

Yes could say that its serving all sides so blindly willing to follow a religion. If you would like to hide something, then simply do it in plain view, it work's every time regardless of race,creed and color.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
All I have to say about this and how i have been thinking since this started going down is...

This is us fighting the man.. We should support these people.. Whether we love or hate them.. we all should stand together on this matter because it is important for all of us.. not a select few..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Yasser Abed Rabbo, a top aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, told reporters on Monday the news network engaged in "media games ... to trick and mislead the simple citizen."...

...Abed Rabbo said the report relied on out-of-context quotes, insinuations and outright fabrications.
Comparing the program to WikiLeaks, which he said merely publishes leaked documents, he said Al-Jazeera could "draw conclusions, counterfeit documents and change texts, cut a word here and there and put together images of people with no relationship to negotiations."
He added: "This is what serves Al-Jazeera's prior position."

news.ninemsn.com.au...

looks likw we won't be missing much
They prolly would bar sorcha faal from reporting too

Just wondering
wasn't it proved years ago that Al-Jezeera worked in lockstep with CIA ?

edit on 30-1-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
wasn't it proved years ago that the cia controled Al-Jezeera?

yep ur right
funded by Soros
controlled by CIA

the same format for wikileaks
funded by Soros
controlled by CIA

they all work for the same boss.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Ooops Self censored incorrect posting.
edit on 1·30·11 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
I find it far more interesting that these tyrants FLEE TO BRITAIN of all places.

i was wondering about that very same thing yesterday
and you do have a valid point. Sounds like a good
question to research.

Could this be a fallback position of TPTB ???

edit on 1/30/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

My god, do you just make guesses at the news?

Ex-Tunisia President Flees to Saudi Arabia

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Boon, you are an intelligent poster. But, no one is fleeing to Britain. See my post to the other poster who seems to have made wild guesses at the world events as opposed to finding out what really happened.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Al Jazeera was founded by the current Emir of Qatar and is administered by his cousin.
The Emir of Qatar is a trustworthy man who has overthrown his own father.
In Qatar, there are no political parties, they don't need them

But of course, don't stop there, Al Jazeera defends democracy and individual freedom

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
Al Jazeera was founded by the current Emir of Qatar and is administered by his cousin.
The Emir of Qatar is a trustworthy man who has overthrown his own father.
In Qatar, there are no political parties, they don't need them

But of course, don't stop there, Al Jazeera defends democracy and individual freedom

I have been watching the Al Jazeera coverage of the Egyptian crisis and the coverage has been top notch. They have been the ones breaking all the news, because they are the ones on the ground. If I wanted to follow a crisis in Europe I would probably follow another media outlet, but i am discovering Al Jazeera is excellent at covering middle east news.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
That's fantastic !

It's the objective, right ? To inform you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join