It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Puzzling Ancient Artifacts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Sorry I put the wrong link, And for anyone letting Nay Sayers bother you, don't. They can't prove it is not true but they think it makes them sound smart.

Link to Dino and Human Prints

www.bible.ca...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Can you give me the proof that the Dropa Stones are a Hoax, there are alot of sites that say they "could be a Hoax, but I haven't found one that says it was a Hoax. And Surely to defame someone like Zacharia Stichin is so wrong. He is one of the few people on the planet that can translate curiform tablets of the Sumerians. Show me where you got all of your info. What is your degree in?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by zorgon

There were also some footprints found with dino prints. As the announcement was being made two anthropologists went to the site and were caught taking a steel bar to destroy the clearest print.

GTFO Have you got a credible link to this story?

The Meister print:
Source

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

Here is a link to the Biloxi River footprints it is in Texas. Human prints inside the dino prints.

www.youtube.com...

That's Paluxy Texas and sorry, they're dino tracks, not human.

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

Can you give me the proof that the Dropa Stones are a Hoax, there are alot of sites that say they "could be a Hoax, but I haven't found one that says it was a Hoax. And Surely to defame someone like Zacharia Stichin is so wrong. He is one of the few people on the planet that can translate curiform tablets of the Sumerians. Show me where you got all of your info. What is your degree in?

He's not on the planet anymore, thank God, and he couldn't even read Hebrew, although he was Jewish.

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So you did a whole thread on defaming Samuel Kirland Lothorp and his work on the Costa Rica Stones. He was a spy for the USA not against. He graduated from Harvard in Anthropology and Archaeology, and you said there was no record of him being either.

Here is the Link to the Truth.

en.wikipedia.org...:Jhawkfan1/Samuel_Kirkland_Lothrop

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I'll see what I can do... was a long time ago since I worked on artifacts.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
He's not on the planet anymore, thank God, and he couldn't even read Hebrew, although he was Jewish.
Harte

Originally posted by Harte
That's Paluxy Texas and sorry, they're dino tracks, not human.
Harte

Speaking ill of the dead?... hmmm just because you didn't like Sitchin's views? Makes me wonder if you were one of those guys that destroyed that footprint

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Here is the first reference...

Destroying the Evidence The evidence that humans actually lived with dinosaurs was too disturbing for two evolutionary scientists who, after hearing Dr Patton at the 1989 science conference, immediately flew to Dallas, Texas, and the next day, using a crowbar, destroyed the remaining human footprints in the riverbed. However, their quest was undone when the Texas drought of 1999 revealed another, even more dramatic trail of human and dinosaur tracks together, the best archaeological artefacts yet to show that humans lived with the dinosaurs.

www.archaeologyexpert.co.uk...

I will find more references

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hiya Z, you've stumbled into a Creationist honeytrap with that story. It's easily done going by that site. I can only assume the writer of the article you quoted hadn't done their homework. There are one set of people claiming dinosaurs and humans shared the Earth and they tend to be Young Earth Creationists.

The tracks are the well-known Paluxy dinosaur tracks. The 'Taylor Trail' was named after a Baptist Minister who put the tracks into a film and claimed they were human. Ironically, Taylor and co apparently 'excavated' some prints. There's a little bout it here...

Shortly after the publication of Wilder-Smith's book, the human track claims came to the attention of Stanley Taylor, a Baptist minister who owned a small apologetics film company called Films for Christ. Taylor decided to locate and film "man tracks" in the Paluxy riverbed itself as part of a documentary on the Creation/Evolution controversy, and led a series of creationist expeditions to the Paluxy between 1968 and 1972 for this purpose. Taylor’s interviews with local residents led him to question the loose tracks promoted by other creationists, but aided him in locating a number of oblong markings on several sites which he and his coworkers (including representatives from other creationist groups) considered genuine human tracks. Taylor's initial findings were reported in a series of articles published by the Bible-Science Association--a large creationist group, hereafter referred to as BSA.
www.talkorigins.org...

There's a more interesting article here.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Christian or what?

MSM Spokes person or what?

U are writing like u got the answers, but even tho u are lost like us, u dont want to discuss this and link us this "crap" of MSM discussions ... sadface..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

The evidence for the Dropa stones, the pictures that are presented, are Chinese Jade Bi discs.

The Dropa people themselves are no diferent than any of the other peoples in the area.
Dropa
Go down to where it says "Criticisms."

edit on 31-1-2011 by RuneSpider because: Said Japanese instead of Chinese.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Come on folks, "attack the ball, not the player".

Threads like this one always have some great posts from different views. And I always enjoy them. But to the topic.

As much as I love science and the ologies, this is one branch of the ologies that just has too many Zahi Hawass's at the top. Anything that doesn't fit the paradigm, gets dismissed or labeled a hoax. And once published as such, it's very hard to dispute. Which of course, is the point. That's not to say that some things aren't rightly called hoaxes. But that word is thrown around too casually by these folks.

From my perspective, man has not progressed socially and technologically in a straight line as we are led to believe. I believe man has seen many peaks and valleys historically. And has likely, at some points in the past, surpassed our current technology and social orders. And then took a nose dive back into survival mode for a variety of reasons. Catastrophe, famine, natural disasters, wars, etc. That's not to say their society was identical to our own. It wouldn't need to be. And that's not to say they were advanced in all the same ways we are. Different cultures put emphasis and importance on different things. Even a look at todays world will tell you that. Our planet has seen many things in its history. And I suspect it has seen us before too. And who knows how long ago, or how many times.
edit on 31-1-2011 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
The evidence for the Dropa stones, the pictures that are presented, are Chinese Jade Bi discs.
The Dropa people themselves are no diferent than any of the other peoples in the area.

AH! so let me see if I get this...

The stone discs are real, just have a different name...
The Dropa are real...

So we are merely haggling over interpretations

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

A jade bi disc over 3,000 years old. The function and meaning of these mysterious discs are unknown. Jade was believed to confer immortality, and they are often found laid on or next to bodies in ancient Chinese burials. This one has an inscription by an 18th-century emperor, wrongly identifying it as a cup holder Photograph: ©The Trustees of the British Museum

So despite what the 'experts' here at ATS say, it seems main stream archaeology DOESN'T KNOW
which seems to be the case a lot

Data recorded on a round disc with a hole.... hmmmmm sounds eerily familiar
edit on 31-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

So you did a whole thread on defaming Samuel Kirland Lothorp and his work on the Costa Rica Stones. He was a spy for the USA not against. He graduated from Harvard in Anthropology and Archaeology, and you said there was no record of him being either.

Perhaps you misunderstood the thread? There's no defaming of Lothrop and I clearly stated which 'side' he was working for as you can see here...

Lothrop was a genuine archaeologist and a secret agent working for the US Naval Intelligence in WW2. By the time he got to Costa Rica he'd been working for none other than J. Edgar Hoover as part of the Special Intelligence Service (SIS). These guys were expected to engage in espionage, grooming informants and destabilising 'anti-American' interests...the proto-CIA.

As for your other post...

Firstly, I doubt you've looked or you wouldn't be asking the question. Secondly, I haven't mentioned Sitchen and there's little evidence he could read Sumerian. Thirdly, my degree is irrelevant.

The Dropa Stones were described in a fictional book called Sungods in Exile. The author described the book as fiction. The body of information in the sites you describe is from this book; scientists, Chinese professors and locations.

I'd provide more information, but you didn't ask nicely. Come back when you've started shaving and you've finished your homework.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Hiya Z, you've stumbled into a Creationist honeytrap with that story. It's easily done going by that site.

Well see they call that 'selective evidence'. One has to ask how much stuff has been hidden away in museums when it doesn't fit the pattern, if not outright destroyed and we will never know...

Isn't it interesting that in your 'Dino did it" theory, that mysterious Dino has a stride that just happens to match that of a human?

Would like to see the Dino that made those tracks...
maybe it was Troodon Sapiens?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Isn't it interesting that in your 'Dino did it" theory, that mysterious Dino has a stride that just happens to match that of a human?

Look again. The stride is longer than a human's by some distance. Dinosaurs came in all shapes and sizes with different gaits and left a variety of tracks so the comparison to a human stride is kinda pointless....suggestive...but a straw man.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It has always impressed me that Adam & Eve getting kicked out of the land of milk and honey went right to it and built the great pyramids, myan temples, and the cambodian temples, my god them 2 and there interbred family where buisy beavers now where they not

Then because of interbreeding problems we now have a variety of humans, to name a few, asians, Aborigines, blacks, and whites. My the insanity never stops does it

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

5 - The Baghdad Batteries are genuine clay pots, some few inches in height, with the capability of producing a 1.5v charge (iirc). There's some discussion about whether they were designed to hold a charge.

The Baghdad Battery has pretty much been determined to have been a container designed to preserve a small scroll, which has since rotted away from around it's metal rod core. That it produces an electric charge is just a coincidence due to the materials used.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join