It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook and YouTube Twitter ( in the pockets of the governments ????? )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Due to the recent events at Dugway with certain news/information getting it out to the public via twitter etc the user accounts being deleted or comments vanishing in a matter of moments :Here is a quote from fellow ATS reader on another thread
And the original Twitter screenshot just to get it rehashed for those not following completely up to date...

Also as far as I can tell, NO updates whatsoever since ~11 PM on 1/26/2011 on any of the news that I read locally here. Again I'm in SLC, watch these resources, NO updates at all.

KUTV doesn't even have an article up, and they were said to be on site with a TV update that I wasn't able to catch but another viewer did.

Supposedly a pregnant woman was airlifed, no confirmation or deny of that by anyone official.

Still no word on anybody going in or being released, no update as to whether there's a real threat to be had...

Mainstream access to information is being very rapidly covered up on anything being leaked with a Twitter account being straight up DELETED and the accompanying youtube page stripped of all content... they're begging for panic and conspiracy here... It's highly unsettling, I can't stop refreshing this forum and scrounging everywhere for an update... I'm helpless with my concern

Heres another quote folks from a ATS user on the matter

Folks, this Ashley Pallotta girl is DELETEING EVERYTHING about herself online.

Twitter? Gone.
Youtube? Gone.

Facebook? As of now...still there. before page was deleted picasaweb.google.com...

And with whats happening in Egypt as i type,
www.wired.com...
And also in Tunisia,
www.allfacebook.com...

The question is how much control has the Military and the Government got over social net work sites ??????

note to mods can u move this pls to the right place thank

edit on 30-1-2011 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I am not sure if they are in the pockets of the government or not. However, I would hazard a guess that any time either of these entities are made aware of a possible security breach (like leaked information) that they use a standard of procedure also known as CYA. They may remove the info before they are told to do so just to avoid a massive headache and/or other issues.

I also believe that things are monitored (by our government or military) to a certain extent so "cleanup" of any leaked info can be dealt with swiftly and with few to no witnesses.

But in the end I think sites themeselves remove things mostly just to circumvent any unpleasantness that may or may not arise.
edit on 1/30/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

you're just figuring that out? Well, better late than never!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by theteapartytruther

of course i am aware have been for many years but i just wanted to ask the question how far does it go i really was just wanting people thoughts on the matter thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

Google and Homeland Security
Dec 01, 2010
Google and Homeland Security:According to the internet media has become censored by Google and Homeland Security. The web site claims to be a freedom of speech political reporting outlet, however a lot of typically question the validity of their tales.

Together with the total wikileaks fiasco erupting recently and many torrent websites currently being shut down by Homeland Security for file sharing, folks are pondering a good deal about censorship and federal government involvement in search engines and also other online web site.

PrisonPlanet.com reviews that “A Freedom of Information Act request filed by former Congressman Bob Barr seeks to discover whether the Department of Homeland Security has been keeping tabs on the Drudge Report and other prominent media outlets who have spearheaded a nationwide revolt against invasive TSA airport security measures.”

We’re sure that Google is usually beneath immense stress in the government and are certainly attempting to keep specific sites in test as asked to. Is this censorship? Probably, but then yet again, the net laws really are a bit blurred in lots of regions..... aonlinebreakingnews.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

This is interesting.. You should watch this.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Social networking sites like facebook often have the default settings set to share everything.People often don't understand all the privacy settings. Even when I shut them off, I don't trust it to stay off. The networking site has access to all your info even if you've made things private.

I find most sites asking for your name will allow you to just put a letter for your name and don't prompt for a full name. If it does require a full name to be filled in,best not to use your actual name.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by amy2x

ye Amy2x aye agree ,alot of the sheeple are gullible enough to leave a whole host of information about there life`s never mind their real names .Point i am trying to make is all this saving information and recording of peoples habits, social activities etc ,where is all the information going .what is it now on facebook over a 500 million users wow thats alot of info on people

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shambles84
reply to post by amy2x

ye Amy2x aye agree ,alot of the sheeple are gullible enough to leave a whole host of information about there life`s never mind their real names .Point i am trying to make is all this saving information and recording of peoples habits, social activities etc ,where is all the information going .what is it now on facebook over a 500 million users wow thats alot of info on people

These are Sheeple. Government loves Sheeple. Those not sharing there life on social network sites are probably on Governments subversive lists.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by amy2x

Aye would not go as far as to say those people would be put on subversives lists but then again it would not surprise ye .But they are gathering information no doubt about that ,not saying social networking sites are a bad thing but when they are being manipulated for the gain of the PTB then its not a free outlet of freedom of peach where everything you do is being monitored and possibly censored .

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The ties between many government agencies and Google are multiple, and strong.

Here is a MSM piece on this: yahoo news.

In a letter sent Monday, Consumer Watchdog asked Representative Darrell Issa, the new chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, to investigate the relationship between Google and several government agencies.
The group asked Issa to investigate contracts at several U.S. agencies for Google technology and services, the "secretive" relationship between Google and the U.S. National Security Agency, and the company's use of a U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration airfield in California.

Here is the full 33 page report.

Google Earth was originally developed by moneys from the CIA. There are many questions about how integrated Google is becoming with these agencies and NASA....

The paper questions a decision by NASA allowing Google executives to use its Moffett Federal Airfield near Google headquarters. Although H211, a company controlled by Google top executives, pays NASA rent, they enjoy access to the airfield that other companies or groups don't have, Simpson said.
The paper also questions Google contracts with the U.S. Department of Defense and other agencies, suggesting that, in some cases, Google contracts were fast-tracked. The paper also questions Google's relationship with the U.S. National Security Agency and calls for the company to be more open about what consumer information it shares with the spy agency.

But their not evil... they promised!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Is anybody here really suprised about this.I mean really, what better way to locate and track people than to have them do it themselves under the guise of social networking.Think about it does any one really need to know that much about you.Look at this site people don't reveal much about themselves. Profiles are barely filled out,and what information there is ,is mostly misdirection.All pseudonyms and fun stuff.
edit on 1/30/2011 by lonegurkha because: spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Considering that both sites don't allow the public to view their books. Facebook just launched a capital investment campaign, yet is poised or just went IPO. I would say yes, they are both in the pockets of the Govt.

Makes sense. Both really don't offer a tangible product for a consumer and don't charge for membership.
As for AD placement? While I don't have an account on either, I have seen the pages and the ads are very easy to tune out. Without a ROI from the ads, they would be pulled.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by amy2x
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Social networking sites like facebook often have the default settings set to share everything.People often don't understand all the privacy settings. Even when I shut them off, I don't trust it to stay off. The networking site has access to all your info even if you've made things private.

I find most sites asking for your name will allow you to just put a letter for your name and don't prompt for a full name. If it does require a full name to be filled in,best not to use your actual name.

Yes. And also, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING you ever posted on a site like face book is cached. So even if you delete something, like a photo, it is still actually there. This is apparent, when you deactivate your account after having hand deleted every picture. And months later you can reactivate your account and lo and behold, they offer you up some of your photo albums...which you deleted (ever single picture from ... one by one, before deleting the album.)
Also, you can not control much of what your friends put out there on you. They can post where you are (your location), share your contact, post photos of you without your permission (most you can do is beg them to take it down.)

I just never understood people who friend people that they do not know in real life. Makes NO sense. You don't know WHO they are and what they will do!

There are just so many privacy problems with social networking. If you want to be private, stay off social networking sites.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thank you guys your input is most welcome ,looking at the posts so far its alarming how much distrust we have for the main stream social sites some points i have not really considered before reading peoples views .And with what happened with erad3 makes you wonder how much attention they will be paying to these sites .

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I came across this today and thought it quite interesting www.globes.co.il...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Since the turn of the year Facebook has been used as a weapon .A weapon of consciousness ,where "they" have tipped the balance of opinion and managed to manipulate whole countries into rising up against its oppressors .

Tunisia and Egypt a civil war in Libya civil uprisings in Bahrain Syria and Yemen major protests in Algeria Iraq Jordan Morocco and Oman and minor protests in Kuwait Lebanon Mauritania Saudi Arabia Sudan and Western Sahara , Clashes at the borders of Israel in May 2011 .

I wonder who "they" will target next my guess is the last five communist countries left in the World .World War 3 is upon us but its not a conventional War it will undoubtedly be fought using the social media tools at their disposal like any good propagandist would do .This will be a war on consciousness with the goal a one world government A NEW WORLD ORDER !

www.rense.com...

www.deathandtaxesmag.com...

aangirfan.blogspot.com...

www.thehindu.com...

edit on 27-8-2011 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join