It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Woman is called "Sodom" and "Egypt" and "Babylon" (Revelation 11:8; 17:5, 14:8, 18:10, 21)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
We know Egypt is about to fall. And Revelation speaks of Babylon falling at the time of the end. And here we have Egypt being equated with Babylon. Another clear sign that "it's Almost Time".

I welcome your thoughts, theories, barbs and ridicule.
edit on 1/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Though you thread may have had good intentions, these are things that the masses are NOT willing to listen to. Our lives, children, families, and loved ones cannot be pulled into one category. We have as "individuals" made our lives for ourselves.

We now know that we are born alone, die alone, and even live alone. Ridicule should be far from your mind, as specifics and even versus will do the same. Religion is no longer the weight that holds most down, and now we have a new kind of revolution.

This is the "worst" time in religious his-tory".

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

How do we have Egypt being equated with Babylon? Last time I checked they weren't one and the same.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
We know Egypt is about to fall.

Not necessarily a "fall". Just a change of rulers. There is a difference.
A kingdom does not fall every time a ruler falls.
It falls when it has been a great power in the world and ceases to be one.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
hopi prophecy says Egypts president will die in 2011
also says obama will die
and the blue star

its also going around that
may 21st 2011 is the rapture
edit on 30-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I though ancient babylon was located in Iraq which has already fallen www.bible-history.com... But I do like where you are going with this.
Rev11,7 The two witnesses, Now when they have finished thier testimony the beast form the abyss will attack them and overpower and kill them. Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city Sodom and Egypt where also their Lord was Crucified.

The in ihabitants of earth will gloat over them and send each other gifts because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth. After three and a half days God breathes life into them. And terror struck those who saw them. And then they went up into heaven in a cloud.

At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed 7000 people were killed.

So unless these two guys did some torture to the earth and all that not sure that this is it, But I didnt know Jesus was crucified in Egypt I thought that was Jerusalem. So the cities are confusing as to where this is meant. I just realized this so this is still a work in progress. Look out for an Earthquake. There was a quake in pakistan last week.
edit on 30-1-2011 by teotwawki77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Hi this,

Just a moan about your title (and a moan about the bible). Why are women always blamed for everything?

Apart from the whore of Bab (woohoo who is she???!).

MUM, I can't find my socks. MUM, I HATED my lunch today. MUM MUM MUM MUM - it goes on forever and no man could hack it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

P.S.

Don't blame women about sodomy - that is a man's activity.

OMG, are my sheets white enough?

YUK! Women are supposed to raise decent human beings even though women are soooo bad.

What is that about?

The bible is full of lies, and so is mankind.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

In general, you are onto something. The Middle East has always been the site of the End Times stuff in the Bible. Some scholars believe it will be Middle Eastern countries that attack Israel, not European nations. Also, many believe the Antichrist will come from that area as well. With everything going on, it's certainly worth paying attention. But, we have to be careful to pay attention to details.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Started there, finishes there.

QED

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Jerusalem might be the whore and New Jerusalem the bride. Jesus was crucified thereways, and Jerusalem also has seven hills. Read the whole book carefully.
edit on 30-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

i think the terms Sodom, Egypt, Babylon were more archetypes, call them examples of
depravity, haughtiness, misdirection & confusion... the antithesis of God's rulership.

Sodom = had Lot's wife turn back
Egypt = had the worship of Isis
Babylon = i don't know, but there is some female fatale' in the mix (maybe Sophia?)

that's my direction of thought about the 'woman'...
remember that the female was also the primal force, the original form of 'creator' before
the Patriarchial monothestic order put down Goddess worship at the dawn of history...
so the 'woman' is the carry over of chaos, disorder, wildness that preceeded 'civilization'

i know with the many layered meanings of 'woman' being associated with those fallen
Empires, and linked with Mystery Babylon...that the money-changers/banker class
has to be in the mix somehow with that 'woman'... i also think the 30 pieces of silver
in a pouch has a connection to that Biblically denounced 'woman'

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
hopi prophecy says Egypts president will die in 2011
also says obama will die
and the blue star

its also going around that
may 21st 2011 is the rapture
edit on 30-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

Does it really say that, or is this just your own speculation and/or interpretation? If it does give these specific dates then I'd like to see the original source please.

I wish people would realise that these prophecies only appear to be fulfilled due to egotistical people with delusions of grandeur who think they have a special place in the history of humanity. Its all a scam, religion has been since its inception nothing more than a means to manipulate and control the masses. Nothing has changed.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I think it might come from lastgreatday8.blogspot.com... I was reading that this morning
not the hopi stuff but the may 2011 date and found it quite interesting ...peace

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The woman you refer to is a visionary personification of mindless consumerism and greed.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Hey don't worry about it,people mock and villfy that which they fear,we know that you hold the power and I guess that makes an awful lot of men nervous.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
How did this thread get turned into a "He must hate women because they make him nervous" attack? This has nothing to do with a woman or women in general. It has to do with analogies made in biblical texts and possible interpretations of said texts.

Women are the best! So to all you women out there: Relax.

I don't really know what else to say to ease your minds...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

I don't really know what else to say to ease your minds...

I recommend a thread in praise of the sacred feminine. A thread about the Bride of Christ might ease minds. As a servant of the Great Goddess of Many Names, I would be happy contribute to Her praises in such a thread.

I alluded to Her in my post in your salvation thread, but it didn't get any response.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
"March of Millions" to begin within hours in Egypt. I am speechless at the level of anarchy that continues to engulf Egypt. I pray for these people...

new topics

top topics

join