It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese are Coming, the Chinese Are Coming!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
My friends cousin said that Wal-mart trucks are passing through the mexico-US border without being searched. He said one accidentally got searched and it was full of chinese military equipment...

I'm going to see if I can get a picture.

That makes no sense whatsoever! Why would the Chinese smuggle military equipment into the US, or from the US into Mexico??? And even if that happened, all it proves is that weapons smuggling is going on.

On that note, did you know that in the Mexican drug wars, over 30k people have died...and that 90% of the weapons used come from the US? Why? Because it's easier for drug lords to buy weapons in the US and then use them in Mexico rather than buying the weapons in the Mexico. Now THAT is some nice weapons smuggling. But of course no one talks about it because it's a huge industry and money factor for the US weapons industry. Also, you might want to look up who's the largest exporter of weapons in the world

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The original post is hilarious. The Chinese coming in and setting up factories were they can import production goods without being heavily taxed is a GOOD thing, no, a GREAT thing. Let us face it, our economy is poop right now, and the Chinese coming it and setting up a hundred or so factories across the United States would make our unemployment rates PLUMMET. A non-tariff zone in no way means the Chinese can come in and start making nukes and bringing in undocumented workers to secretly Trojan Horse America...the land is still the United States, and isn't just a wide open 'no mans land', it's just a place where foreign governments are encouraged to set up shop because we won't cut massive holes into their bottom line with our taxes and tariffs. It's going to do a hell of a lot more good than bad, especially when they hire all American taxpayers and workers.

Also, stop fear-mongering about communists. If anything, this is another huge step towards total-capitalism in China, which is huge for everyone. They're going to come to the United States and set up factories and hire American workers...I'm not seeing the problem.

Also, we were never at war with Communism. We were at war with the USSR because they were the only country that could rival us in the military aspect. The reason we went to war with Cuba (although brief) and Vietnam was because if they were Communist, then the USSR could use them as satellite nations for ICBM stations etc.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
First off, I don't believe you.

Second, when a person in debt finds some 'lawful loophole' to get out of his debt without paying it, everybody goes berzerk and says no matter what you have to pay your debt. You wanted this product or lifestyle so you have to pay it.

Well, if all of this were true, shouldn't we be obligated to pay what we owe?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I checked out the one local to me. All the companies there are US companies, and all the employees are US employees. Not a Chinaman in sight.

On the off chance that there is any veracity to the initial claim at all -

Dear China:

Welcome to the brave new world of Reservation life in the US! Remember, don't trust the white devils to hold up their end of the bargain just because they smiled, shook your hand, and handed off a few beads to you when they signed the Treaty. They have a bad track record with Treaty obligations within their own borders.

Signed,
The Natives

P.S. It's recommended to scalp all the traders when they show up. They'll just trade you bad whiskey for good pelts, get you drunk and cheat you on the deal.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I haven't read through all the replies, but those seem to be nothing more than warehouses for goods to be stored until they make it to their final destinations. No way they would ever become anything more than that.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

With all due respect, you sound a little paranoid.

We have been buying Chinese products for years. We all still shop at Walmart.
We love the food. I have nothing against the people and we do owe China a lot of money.

I am guessing this is a small concession for some larger agreement and that US businesses and corporate America got the better end of whatever bargain was made.

edit on 30-1-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's another "1111OMG1111" typical scare thread. I can't believe there are so many of them.

Look, OP, we know we're all screwed. Let's not make it seem like it's worse than it already is, ok?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

A Foreign trade zone is nothing new and is used by all countries on the planet who engage in intertnational trade, including the US and China.

Contrary to the fearmongering in the OP post, a FTZ is sovereign US soil. What they are designed to do is to act as a stop over on the off chance an order goes wrong.

Example

A company in the US imports say wood from China. Under our trade agreements, China is allowed to only ship so much to the US (Import Quota set by the US on Chinese goods coming here). If a company screwes up and orders, and it exceeds the quota, the old way was to ship the excess back to the originating country, which as we can guess made the items more expensive to account for the return trip to china, and thenm back to the US when the quota resets / drops below the set number.

A FTZ is set up and is generally a large warehouse that acts like a stop over point. Take the same scenario above and apply a FTZ to the shipment. This allows the Chinese company to keep the iems in the US in a warehouse and not count againt the import Quota. This cuts down on cost from haveing to ship back to China, then back to the US.

They can also be used as a stop over point where, again same scenario as above, except in this case if another buyer in another country needs the items, say Mexico, the stock can be pulled from the FTZ.

Its a part of International trade between countries, and has nothing to do with a nations loss of sovereignty. To date the only thing in the United States that is Sovereign Chinese territory are their embassies, and that courtesy is extended to all countries embassies in any country they are lcated in (The US embassy in China is sovereign US territory.

What is a Foreign Trade Zone?

A foreign trade zone is a warehouse on US soil that acts like limbo for imported goods. If you have something that can’t come into the country, is just stopping off before being shipped to another country, or needs to operate outside of standard Customs procedures, a Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) might be the way to go.

Example: I worked with a customer one time importing textiles (T-shirts) from China for sale in the US. As many textile importers will tell you, there is an import quota on Chinese textiles that caps the total amount they’re allowed to import into the US each year. Unfortunately, this importer’s agent failed to advise his customer that his category’s quota for the year had been filled. The end result was 50,000 embroidered T-shirts held at the port of Long Beach California that could not be cleared through Customs.

As you can probably guess, the solution I recommended was a Foreign Trade Zone. By warehousing the goods in an FTZ on US soil, the importer was able to avoid shipping his goods back to China (and all the costs that would incur) and was first in line when quota was re-opened the following year.

Not a totally pleasant experience for the importer, but a lot better than the alternative.

Where the confusion comes in when talking about US Law and the comment about an FTZ being Sovereign Chinese territory is the role US Customs play. A FTZ is part of trade agreements as described above, and are also designated as duty free (you find these on the borders with Canada and Mexico 9 Duty Free Shop). Since it is duty free, an FTZ will fall outside the authority of US Customs in terms of applying duties / taxes.

Foreign Trade Zone - More info

The last part of this article talks about FTZ's becoming Chinese colonies, where only Chinese workers are hired and not American. They are NOT sovereign Chinese territory and fall under the jurisdiction of the State they are located in, as well as the Commerce and Treasury Department.

Is it something we should ignore? Absolutely not. Is this something new? Absolutely not as this practice has been around for a long time now.

Why is it just now being publicised? Maybe because of the growing powerhouse that is China. Maybe its because of their Military upgrades, maybe its because of the amount of debt we owe them (about a trillion dollars now).

People should call their representatives and demand an offical explanation from the Government, and see what we can do to get some laws in place to head off any poitential abuse of these zones.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

you do realize that the chinese could BUY any land they want and setup whatever they want as far as business goes?

Is this what this kind of website is about? Non sense political bull crap?

Fear mongering at its best. I can't believe a site like ATS allows it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This has been going on since 1922.......

United States Code
TITLE 15 > CHAPTER 4 > § 141
§ 141. Short title

This chapter may be cited as the “China Trade Act, 1922.”

United States Code
TITLE 15 > CHAPTER 4 > § 142

§ 142. Definitions
When used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates—

(a) The term “person” includes individual, partnership, corporation, and association;

(b) The term “China” means

(1) China including Manchuria, Tibet, Mongolia, and any territory leased by China to any foreign government,
(2) the Crown Colony of Hong Kong, and
(3) the Province of Macao;

(c) The terms “China Trade Act corporation” and “corporation” mean a corporation chartered under the provisions of this chapter;

(d) The term “Federal district court” means any Federal district court, and the United States District Court for the District of Columbia;

(e) The term “Secretary” means the Secretary of Commerce; and

(f) The term “registrar” means the China Trade Act registrar appointed under section 143 of this title.

Find the code and regulations here...www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Reading over your post op the very first thing that popped into my head is a law suit from these newly established communities that have the possiblity of tearing-ripping apart our constitutional amendment of the right to bear arms, and just about every other right that U.S citizens freely enjoy.

this whole scenario that you posted stinks to hi heaven

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
reply to post by hawkiye

Fantastic news.

It's about time you guys got some payback for all the ills you have promoted around the world. Yes, I realise it wasn't you, rather your government, over the years, but now it's time for you to see what it's like to have foreign powers set up, export their culture (not of mindless consumption this time, unless you are the recipients) and get a sense of perspective.

Sovereignty and Patriotism are twin cancers that breed suspicion, intolerance, warfare and unbridled competition.

I'm beginning to think that it is,indeed, high time that we got rid of these outmoded notions and focussed more on cooperation and mutual respect borne out of understanding and tolerance.

Until then, I will be laughing. This is what you guys have done the world over and NOW you complain when it happens to you?

Cheers for this, you've made my day!

Mutual respect? I'll respect China when it respects its rivers and air and people. Cheap labour comes at a cost and up till now america has allowed it because we've lost self control.

Maybe you're right, but a lot is going to change if we're all going to sing kumbaya.

One thing is sure, China is rapidly growing and within our lifetimes will outdo america. India will have the highest population in 2030. This world will be far more multicultural in the future. But in that span of time a lot is going to change too. Many have already said that this candyland circumstance is a bubble and one way or another it'll have to come into balance.

And remember it won't be just america that changes.
edit on 30-1-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Your private Idaho will be fine for a while. The China Investment Corporation has had a foothold in California since the 1980s (as far as I know, and maybe earlier) far beyond this communication you have received which shows a start date of 1994. It's economic warfare and its serious.

Hu has gotten up every morning, for a long time now, and undervalued the yuan, causing havoc in the currency markets. The havoc this has wreaked globally is far worse than some Chinese settlers on our land. If you are worried, get a writ and search their homes. Surveill them..whatever. This is small potatoes.

I am glad OP you put this thread up, because ATS needs to go here...we are not going to go out with a bang..we will go out with a whimper if we do not get on top of this sh*t.

They own land in very country around the world, they do not need to settle they can foreclose...for starters on most of downtown LA. Why? Because they are not letting their currency float against the world's currencies and we are to the point that the only way we could enforce the float is with guns. Think your ECON 101 course, remember "guns and butter". Well, butter is off the table now. President Obama had this meeting to tell Hu effing with the yuan was off the table as well.

OP your instincts are dead on correct, but this FTZ thing is to get your astute eyes off of the real problem. The collapse of the US dollar.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KANE OG
It's another "1111OMG1111" typical scare thread. I can't believe there are so many of them.

And most of those paranoid nonsense posts could have been prevented if the OP spent just 5min doing proper research. All it took in this case is googling "free trade zone" to realize nothing the OP said about them comes even close to reality.

This goes for all subjects, the amount of complete paranoid hogwash ideas people come up with when they put their brains on standby is astounding

Also, when I first read this thread I immediately had to think of this video:

"Grab your children, leave the old behind, they're too slow...everyone run for their lives!!"

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by The_Zomar
My friends cousin said that Wal-mart trucks are passing through the mexico-US border without being searched. He said one accidentally got searched and it was full of chinese military equipment...

I'm going to see if I can get a picture.

That makes no sense whatsoever! Why would the Chinese smuggle military equipment into the US, or from the US into Mexico??? And even if that happened, all it proves is that weapons smuggling is going on.

On that note, did you know that in the Mexican drug wars, over 30k people have died...and that 90% of the weapons used come from the US? Why? Because it's easier for drug lords to buy weapons in the US and then use them in Mexico rather than buying the weapons in the Mexico. Now THAT is some nice weapons smuggling. But of course no one talks about it because it's a huge industry and money factor for the US weapons industry. Also, you might want to look up who's the largest exporter of weapons in the world

Yeah I'm definitely interested in learning more from what this guy has to say. He said they all meet at a warehouse where only Russians work. (This is in Indiana) Not sure, I can't find out anymore tonight. Will try to learn more tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The Chinese aren't coming they're here. That site was nothing more then about Foreign Trade Zones, and who among you doesn't have something made from China in their homes? RIGHT! So what that means is they don't need to come here to get our money. Obama just solidified that contract recently during a White House visit from China diplomats. I personally think we should keep everything local myself and get rid of the industrialized revolution.....I GOP would have you feel differently though since its in their best interests you buy into that kinda BS

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

... but this FTZ thing is to get your astute eyes off of the real problem. The collapse of the US dollar.

You can't blame the Chinese for the fall of the dollar! We all know what caused the financial crisis, and it was the US government who decided to turn the dollar into toilet paper in an effort to pay off their corporate sponsors.

You can't blame your bank just because you made some wrong investments and suddenly can't pay your bills anymore.

The only part I agree with is that China has to open up its markets more, something that will eventually happen...in fact, it's already happening in some places like Hong Kong.

But to claim China played an instrumental role in the downfall of the dollar is beyond laughable...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Wow looks like the shills have descended on this thread. Some of them are probably not shills but just joining the cacophony of howling out of ignorance. They don't read the whole OP, ignore the links on it, and ignore the responses that debunk their objections, then ask for proof, rinse and repeat.

I have posted a link to the actual law and one to a map of the FTZ zones in every state for those that don't believe.

Read the law folks. They won't be Chinese Restaurants and the like, they will be manufacturing goods that is why customs will be involved:

(2) Economic factors. After its review of threshold factors, if there is a basis for further consideration, the Board shall consider the following factors in determining the net economic effect of the activity of proposed activity:
i) Overall employment impact;
ii) Exports and reexports;
iii) Retention or creation of manufacturing or processing activity;
iv) Extent of value-added activity;
v) Overall effect on import levels of relevant products, including import displacement;
vi) Extent and nature of foreign competition in relevant products;
vii) Impact on related domestic industry, taking into account market conditions; and
viii) Other relevant information relating to public interest and net economic impact considerations, including technology transfers and investment effects.
ia.ita.doc.gov...

So if this is considered as being on American soil and under American jurisdiction why are these considered exports?

2) Admission of items subject to AD/CVD actions. Items subject to AD/CVD orders or items which would be otherwise subject to suspension of liquidation under AD/CVD procedures, if they entered U.S. Customs territory, shall be placed in privileged foreign status (19 CFR 146.41) upon admission to a zone or subzone. Upon entry for consumption, such items shall be subject to duties under AD/CVD orders or to suspension of liquidation, as appropriate, under 19 CFR parts 353 and 355.
ia.ita.doc.gov...

It is clear folks they will be treated as on foreign soil with privileged status. I am reading the law as I have time but we don;t even know what treaties may effect this and treaties trump the law. If you don;t think this is for real then you are in denial.

And because people keep asking and claming the links aren't related here is another link that is in the OP that has dozens of related links: republicbroadcasting.org...

Someone also asked for Proof China is preparing for war. Well again I posted a quote in the OP with links here they are. www.theage.com.au...

I am also just one guy so may not get to every question right away. To those flagging and starring thank you and a little help please?

edit on 30-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It's talking about ITEMS, and NOT people for crying out loud!!! The entire purpose is to create incentives to promote trade, so yes, ITEMS get a special status. The people working there, most of which will be Americans do NOT have any special status.

At least read the stuff you post properly before jumping to wrong conclusions!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join