It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese are Coming, the Chinese Are Coming!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
www.foreigntradezone.ca...

CentrePort Canada – Winnipeg’s 20,000 acre inland port and trade area – will be the first and only foreign trade zone in Canada.

On October 8th, 2009, The Honourable Stockwell Day, Minister of International Trade and Minister for the Asia-Pacific Gateway, and Gary Doer, Manitoba Premier, announced an additional $3.5 million in federal funding for the creation of a single-desk marketing window for the new FTZ. Diane Gray, CEO of CentrePort Canada, announced the dollars as necessary to educate the global business community to the advantages the FTZ will provide international markets interested or currently dealing in the Canadian market.

There's even a map in the above link that includes the USA.

In Canada also, but the Chinese have been here for a while, they're partners in a couple of companies in our oil fields. Likely partnered in other businesses too.
They abide by Canadian laws. The foreign trade zone on Cdn land, is still Cdn land, governed by Cdn laws.
We've had no problems. We have friendly trade.
Although, they've never been considered our enemy

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
I see the fear mongering of the 'Chinese' has already begun. Interesting how you worry about Islam and China when you should be worrying about idiots like George Bush.

"Dooood" George Bush is so 2007....

Blatant betrayal to global collectivisism will not stand.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I imagine the 9 Trillion Dollars that the Federal Reserve misplaced may have went to China. How is it that a country that sells cheep crap around the world has become seemingly the wealthiest country in the world and is now demanding to be the reserve currency?

There is no need for the Chinese to set up these Foreign Trade Zones. I envision the Chinese wiping out the country with some bio-weapon and then they move in to their new digs! Boggles the mind the things that are going on these days.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
nice find hawkeye but i see its already falling on deaf ears and being ridiculed. but dont let it dishearten you my friend. everyone outside the usa is flabbergasted at what is being ALLOWED to happen in your once great nation. your leaders are not even hiding the fact that they are selling you out anymore. all people see outside your country is excuses for indesion, headburying and just plain old ignorance to this fact while others abroad are standing up for much lesser criminal matters. but there are a few of your countrymen and women on this site that know what is occurring in these truly dark times, people who are comitted to getting the word out. i suspect they already know that the point of no return has arrived but will not sit down and eat what is forced upon them. these people are to be respected and admired. s&f

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kolcath

Wow, that kind of argumentation is simply a stunning display of intellectual power never before seen by man

You really got me convinced "The Chinese Are Coming, The Chinese Are Coming". (Use your most dramatic voice here please).

PS: I'd like to state that this is sarcasm, not the best of sarcasm, but still....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by amy2x
How is it that a country that sells cheep crap around the world has become seemingly the wealthiest country in the world and is now demanding to be the reserve currency?

Hehe, that's just too easy

My guess is that someone might be buying that "cheap crap"... Consumer culture anyone, you want?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
reply to post by kolcath

Wow, that kind of argumentation is simply a stunning display of intellectual power never before seen by man

why..thank you kind sir

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by MindSpin

Thanks for the post. What do you think about the enviromental laws. Will these FTZs breach enviromental laws? The ability to breach US enviromental laws whilst on USA territory would be a sure indicator of the status of these regions.

According to all available information, they have to abide by all US laws and regulations.

Once again...I'll post the relevant information.

FTZ sites and facilities remain within the jurisdiction of local, state or federal governments or agencies.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolcath
why..thank you kind sir

Hehe, that's just sad man.

But if you're unable to discuss my posts then that's just fine with me, lot's of intelligent people on ATS that can

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

So I'm not saying that this whole thing is BS. Given the current situation that our once great country has gotten itself into. But I happen to live approx 25 miles from Charleston WV. The two locations that are listed for Charleston are absolutely 100% not Foreign Trade Zones. I personally know people that work at the DuPont plant that is listed and the Toyota Plant that is listed, and not only are they not a FTZ. The address listed for both are not even correct. I also tracked the addresses listed and they are the WV Coal Association Headquarters, and WV Water Development Authority, which are also not FTZ. So every other listing could be correct, and I am sure if you do the research some of these might pan out, but as for the ones listed in WV, this list is, as far as I can see, totally fabricated without an ounce of truth

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shift44
reply to post by hawkiye

So I'm not saying that this whole thing is BS. Given the current situation that our once great country has gotten itself into. But I happen to live approx 25 miles from Charleston WV. The two locations that are listed for Charleston are absolutely 100% not Foreign Trade Zones. I personally know people that work at the DuPont plant that is listed and the Toyota Plant that is listed, and not only are they not a FTZ. The address listed for both are not even correct. I also tracked the addresses listed and they are the WV Coal Association Headquarters, and WV Water Development Authority, which are also not FTZ. So every other listing could be correct, and I am sure if you do the research some of these might pan out, but as for the ones listed in WV, this list is, as far as I can see, totally fabricated without an ounce of truth

The Toyota plant is probably in a FTZ...so Japan can freely import their parts to build their cars. It's still Americans working at the plant...it is still American land...they just don't have to pay tariffs or go through Customs jurisdiction while importing their parts to assemble the cars.

You wouldn't know if you walked into a FTZ...they aren't lined with barbed wire fences with Chinese soldiers patroling the area (which is close to the picture the OP is trying to paint). It is simply an area designated where foreign countries can build plants or factories and not be charged tariffs.

The OP is greatly mis-representing what a FTZ is...they aren't evil...they actually help.
edit on 30-1-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I see the don't worry be happy crowd is out in force and have failed to answer the question below refuse to read the whole OP. What a sad day in America when her own people will try and rationalize her take over by a foreign power as we deserve it or there is nothing to worry about:

"So what is with all the "don't worry be happy" crowd? Are you telling me your ok with China building multiple bases in all 50 states? And that means more then one in each state. 3 are planned for Idaho. They will have thier own labor force and little if any American oversight or regulation etc. the only thing they will have is Customs is supposed to check what comes out onto American soil for sale and for duties. this is the same China that has sent us tainted products and baby food etc. "

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This was aired back in Feburary. It has now happened. China is taking control of what they perceive is theirs. China has millions of unemployed young males, guess who they will be sending to work in these FTZ's? They have already taken Control of the Long beach Port in this manner. This is not fantasy folks this is real and we have examples already this is a huge expansion of this.

These guys compare it to Japan. Yeah Japan has a couple plants here but they do not have them in all 50 states and multiple zones in each states as this is planned.

China knows they could never pull off a conventional invasion. So no matter how benign this seems it is the perfect trojan horse for them to take control and protect what they now perceive as thier assets.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

China is taking control of what they perceive is theirs. China has millions of unemployed young males, guess who they will be sending to work in these FTZ's?

Can you show any proof that China will be allowed to bring over their own citizens to work in FTZs???

Any proof that China will be allowed to ignore immigration laws to bring over their own workforce?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Oh noes....free trade

You do realize there's similar FTZ in China, right? Don't see them being all paranoid about espionage...

And in what way would those FTZ help them do espionage? And why do you call them COMMUNIST if they're being used for CAPITALIST TRADE??

For crying out loud, some of you people are so paranoid, it's beyond laughable

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Fantastic news.

It's about time you guys got some payback for all the ills you have promoted around the world. Yes, I realise it wasn't you, rather your government, over the years, but now it's time for you to see what it's like to have foreign powers set up, export their culture (not of mindless consumption this time, unless you are the recipients) and get a sense of perspective.

Sovereignty and Patriotism are twin cancers that breed suspicion, intolerance, warfare and unbridled competition.

I'm beginning to think that it is,indeed, high time that we got rid of these outmoded notions and focussed more on cooperation and mutual respect borne out of understanding and tolerance.

Until then, I will be laughing. This is what you guys have done the world over and NOW you complain when it happens to you?

Cheers for this, you've made my day!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join