It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The average Egyptian is apparently smarter than the average American

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I just find it funny how the Egyptian's realized that all talk and even supposed action to "make things better" is a load of nonsense yet when any politician here says the same, it's eaten up like a fruit pie.

Is there any difference?
edit on 30-1-2011 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

EDIT: This is likely also why we'll never see protests of that like here in America ever again.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
I just find it funny how the Egyptian's realized that all talk and even supposed action to "make things better" is a load of nonsense yet when any politician here says the same, it's eaten up like a fruit pie.

Is there any difference?

They are not smarter, they are more informed, they keep themselves informed politically like the Venezuelans and other South American nations who have suffered under fascist puppet dictators.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

Egyptians who live in a what could be called 2nd world nation (developing 1st world nation is nicer I suppose) are able to be more informed about the corruption in their country than Americans with some of the fastest internet connections on the planet, libraries full of books, and the worlds best universities.

I mean the average American either has to be rather stupid, or simply just doesn't care anymore even if they act like they do. I don't know whats worst to be honest. You tell me.

What's worst is that many of us have become indoctrinated and openly welcome whats coming with open arms, and pants dropped.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I don't see your logic. Are you stating that because Egyptians are willing to take to the streets and burn down buildings, loot, steal, tear up their own countries belongings, in the name of a 'revolution' that we have yet to see the end result of, most likely the next person in power will be no different than this one, you are saying that this is better and smarter than American citizens voting for a president that they want to be president, and protesting peacefully against that which isn't agreeable, including protesting on behalf of egyptians?

I see turmoil in Egypt, much more so than there was the day before the protesting, I see a country in shambles, and the president is still sitting in office. If he were in america, he would be impeached by the people, and thrown out of office. I don't understand how you think that makes Egyptians smarter.

This was just a snide OP, another american hate thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Americans will want to be more informed once they are negatively effected by politics. Right now most of them are living comfortable lives, but since the economic collapse Americans want to learn more, and they have informed themselves. It is growing slowly, but at least they are trying now.

I advise you to watch this whole video:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The people of Egypt are inspiring. They will stand for what they believe in and I am afraid that those of us in the US will not have the same guts. We know, what makes it worse is that "we know" and we do nothing. Our differences are to vast, yet whether or not things change, the new will know that their not the people to be played with.

We are the winners... in numbers. But if you cant explain that, we lose with ignorance, isn't it the same thing?!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

I don't see your logic.

Well then I believe by the very definition of the word, if you lack sight, you are blind.

Are you stating that because Egyptians are willing to take to the streets and burn down buildings, loot, steal, tear up their own countries belongings, in the name of a 'revolution' that we have yet to see the end result of, most likely the next person in power will be no different than this one, you are saying that this is better and smarter than American citizens voting for a president that they want to be president, and protesting peacefully against that which isn't agreeable, including protesting on behalf of egyptians?

See, you even prove it when all of your information is apparently coming from MSM sources because all this time as I listen to them this is all I hear.

Try going online, and directly finding what people are doing there. Is there looting, violence and "tearing up their own country"? Well, some people have just recently BEGUN taking advantage to loot, the violence has been completely focused on the government and all reports online show its just destruction of property and occupation, and the only thing being torn up in their country is their corrupt government.

I see turmoil in Egypt, much more so than there was the day before the protesting
That might be in account of the revolution, if you didn't notice. Tends to cause some waves.

I see a country in shambles
A country is created by its people and its people seems rather coordinated in its efforts in stopping this government, which the US helped prop up by the way.

the president is still sitting in office.
As the people outside are screaming for him to either have open elections immediately or to get the hell out.

If he were in america, he would be impeached by the people, and thrown out of office.
Last I checked, most "democratically elected presidents" don't sit in office for 30 years. I'm sure he's as legitimately democratic as my pimped out dictator in Tropico 3. I HAVE ELECTIONS TOOOOO!

I don't understand how you think that makes Egyptians smarter.
Well you also don't seem to understand many things. Like how you said we vote for the president, when ultimately the popular vote has NO impact on his choosing. You don't seem to understand the political situation in Egypt either, which has been a puppet state and needs to be taken back in this manner. So I'm not surprised.

This was just a snide OP, another american hate thread.

What's snide is you insinuating I hate America and Americans because I criticize them. A majority of us are rather stupid and lazy. Trying to deny this fact isn't going to help us. If we weren't stupid and lazy, we wouldn't be in the state we're in now because we wouldn't send corrupt and/or incompetent people into government and then turn away with a blind eye.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
Is there any difference?

the difference is .....
us Americans have been sprayed
with more chemtrails than Egyptians.
It has dumbed us down to the IQ
of a rat. We run through the maze
and search for cheese.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Every statement you just made is opinion and speculation, you didn't regard fact at all. You misconstrue truth to your liking. You are not the majority of Americans. You are one person, with opinions about the situation, and in your opinion you state that Americans are not as smart as Egyptians because we are not in the streets doing the same thing as people of Egypt. We have other means to deal with it, unlike Egypt. You are right, we have not had a sitting president for 30 yrs, and we never will. We already know that the person in charge would stagnate in that amount of time, and every 4 yrs we get a chance to vote and change the sitting pres., we have the right to impeach, if Obama is corrupt we may impeach him, it won't take protests or burning down buildings, it won't take tearing apart priceless and irreplaceable antiquities, it only takes the vote of Americans.

What FACTS do you have to support your opinion that Egyptians are smarter than Americans?

edited to add this:

Egypt goes into chaos. museums and hospitals being looted

Newest thread here on ATS. Oh those smart Egyptians, they know chaos is gonna fix it all. And Museum pieces, and stuff from the hospital.

Not to forget either, 100's of prisoners have escaped prisons throughout egypt, Now I believe that some of them may have been corruptly placed into prison, but I would bet you that most of them needed to be there, now , they are free.

edit on 30-1-2011 by space cadet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
For all I know this could be a primed situation to set another piece in the game. There is also the complete contrary point to it all too, a large group of angry people can be controlled by controlling their anger. I would not put it past the machine to position in a wild card so that action can be justified... I can't say

Obamas got a real pin in the shoe

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Every statement you just made is opinion and speculation, you didn't regard fact at all.

Except none of it was. Unless you're insinuating that the popular vote DOES have an impact on the presidential candidate that is elected, which it doesn't, or that the Egyptian government hasn't been a dictatorship dressed up as a democracy, or that countries aren't primarily comprised of who inhabits them, or many of the other things I posted aren't fact. Then you'd just be wrong.

There's also the entire point of the thread if you didn't focus entirely on the title and simple post without reading, which was "Our politicians lie just like theirs do, but we buy it and they don't". But then it's ATS, I'm asking people to think. Silly me.

What FACTS do you have to support your opinion that Egyptians are smarter than Americans?

All the facts I listed prior supporting my argument that currently the average Egyptian is smarter than the average American that you are calling opinions because you either can't argue or simply refuse to argue the facts of the case. Perhaps you're just in denial. Who knows. But you're beginning to be a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

If I were a dancer, I would insist on you joining me, you are doing one hell of a sidestep, lol!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Janky I believe you are right, something else is expected. I speculate that the egyptian pres is holding his position, waitng for either support from the US or to be sanctioned by the US, depending on which it is the outcome either way will not be what the people want. Obama can't make the man step down, he already threatned to lesson the amount of money that was to be given to Egypt, that hasn't phased the pres of egypt.
He is not going to willingly step down, and he is backed against a wall right now, but he won't give up, without taking someone down with him, I am afraid of who that is.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
..yeah, I'd say you are right.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

If I were a dancer, I would insist on you joining me, you are doing one hell of a sidestep, lol!

You're doing a good enough job yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

and when bunched together,
we will eat each other, rather than,
finding a way out.

now you got me doing it. oh no

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

oh yes but, Obama did give a warring to him and to the people if one gets violent one the other then i think we will go in and play mr cop man to them. just my take on his SOTS the other night.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Yeah, good enough to get 500 applause points for what I have said on this thread, lol!

I am sure that you will realize that what you have said here is, as I said, speculation and opinion, and that it is rooted in the wrong place.

I wish that Egyptians could throw him out with a vote. I wish they didn't feel that violence and turmoil is the only way to change things, I wish them the best, and a peaceful life as I have here in my North Ga cove. I truly do. I don't think they are stupid because they live in Egypt, it is their land, and maybe an uprising like this is the only thing they feel they can do to see change come, but, it does not make them smarter than any other country.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I wish Americans could take out their fascist government peacefully also, but just like every other nation in the world, they will realize it is not possible.

You can vote all you want, you might get a different face, but you will get the same result. What a deception US is.

Mubarak is not as good as his puppet masters, but he is pretty close.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
There are people who still believe that their vote actually means anything? sorry but,have you ever noticed that either way the same polices are followed.Vote and then whine when nothing happens and it's more of the same. I support the Egyptians and Tunisians who have decided to fight these tyrants rather than make a leap of faith and waste their time with the worthless act of voting.
edit on 053131p://2126 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join