It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Obama support the protestors in Egypt, but let the protestors in Iran die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

The Obama administration is openly supporting the rights of demonstrators in political unrest in the Middle East that threatens the Egyptian government and others that have been key strategic allies of the United States.

The tone of the U.S. approach was set by President Obama himself in an appearance Thursday on the popular video website YouTube.

Link
waronterrornews.typepad.com...

I know this won't be talked about in the MSM, that's why I bring it up here. I don't have an answer to my question, and am looking to you all for some reason for it. What benefit does it serve him, the US interests, americans, the world?

Thank you for any input.

edit on 30-1-2011 by beezzer because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
israel benefits from egypt falling.
they want all eyes on egypt.
obama is naturally going to want u to look there, rather than the civil unrest we had a large hand in causing in the surrounding areas

that would be bad pr

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching
israel benefits from egypt falling.
they want all eyes on egypt.
obama is naturally going to want u to look there, rather than the civil unrest we had a large hand in causing in the surrounding areas

that would be bad pr

But if hardliners get into power in Egypt, then Israel will suffer. I'm just trying to understand the dichotomy, if there is any to two middle-east nations, both had protests.
One the POTUS supported, the other?
Meh, not so much.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Simply put, Obama does NOT support the Egyptian people in their wish to see their dictator gone. It's simple politics and everyone should know by now that what they say to the cameras and what they actually think or do are two completely different things.
Both Israel and the US need a puppet in Egypt as it's so strategically important, with access to the Suez Canal being the most important. The US and Israeli governments care nothing about the Egyptian people or their wishes but do care about their access to the canal.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Prolly right. I'm just thinking about the people hung (hanged?) by the Iranian government because of the protests, and the US does nothing.
The US had an ally in Mubarak. They didn't have one in Iran. I'd have thought that the iranian protest would have been far more beneficial for US interests.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Obama supporting the protestors? Not likely. The US tone over the past week or so has been trying to walk a fine line and, for the most part, getting it wrong. The Egyptian people, it is being reported, are pretty pissed with the USA for still trying to back Mubarak. The best the protestors have got out of the US is Mrs Clinton saying "Don't shoot them" to the Egyptian authorities.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Because he's an idiot. Just like these other boneheads in DC that think more gov. rule is the answer to all the worlds problems even though history shows that, without exception, more government is more trouble for those not in the "ruling class." Katrina/New orleans was the perfect exampleof that. Let's fly circles around New Orleans for 2 weeks, shake some hands and congratulate some people on their efforts.You never saw that kind of total incompitance when the Red Cross was on call. Last year, irs agents closed down 2 kids lemonade stands in L.A. and in Utah.
Barry preaches everyone must have a voice, yet the world is watching him turn a deaf ear to the demands of the american citizens. A true hypocrite.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

1. (C) Summary and comment: On December 23, April 6 activist
XXXXXXXXXXXX expressed satisfaction with his participation in
the December 3-5 "Alliance of Youth Movements Summit," and
with his subsequent meetings with USG officials, on Capitol
Hill, and with think tanks. He described how State Security
(SSIS) detained him at the Cairo airport upon his return and
confiscated his notes for his summit presentation calling for
democratic change in Egypt, and his schedule for his
Congressional meetings. XXXXXXXXXXXX contended that the GOE will never undertake significant reform, and therefore, Egyptians
need to replace the current regime with a parliamentary
democracy.
wikileaks.ca...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

edit on 30-1-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: code

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

So is it a general consensus that Egypt and Iran are treated the same, in terms of US response to the protests?

I wasn't here (ATS) when the Iran protests started. I was shouting at the tv, writing about it in other sites, and my feeling was a general lack-luster "whatever" approach from US leaders.

Dunno. Maybe I'm just more "aware" now.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Thanks for the info! So basically, the US is playing a game in the middle east, machavellian-sounding to me.

And it places what the people really want, second. Instead, this is all about US interests?

AHHHHHHH. . . . . . got a headache now!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hi friend this is a reply to your title , and answers within question's,
WHY DO YOU THINK ? =
Why do you think Obama supports Egyptian protesters ?
Why does Obama turn on a American puppet asset ?
Why does Obama support the rights of the Egyptian protesters and their rights to peacefully demonstrate (even though it is clearly violent) , yet he clearly stomps on the same rights of his own people with the excessive force of black clad stormtroopers.
Why does He condone the same excessive force to be used on protesters at any international event that he attends , example G2O's ,Economic summit's and the like's there of ?

Why ??? Well on face value he is a hypocrite (and he is ! ) but their is more than that .It is dirty politics at it's best and social engineering that of which true agenda won't be made clear on for quite sometime .Something is coming down the pipes and when it is apparent you won't like it ! These are done in small increments that go unnoticed and related to another unnoticed increment and another and another .When they are all drawn together it is to late the objective is achived .

I hate this and politics , we need to be rid of these political parasites once and for all !

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It seems more of the same, to be honest. Lots of, very visible, attempts at not trying to get involved with cursory support given to "reforms" and "urging restraint on both sides". The US has an interest in keeping Mubarak in power and fears an Islamist Government, which by and large have been formented by Mubarak himself as an excuse to remian in Power.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I don't think like a politician. I have yet to experience a lobotomy.

I'm new to this. These hypocritical actions of our leaders, the game playing, the WASTE of peoples lives, like they are nothing but pieces on some game board. The wives, husbands, children of these expendable "pieces" don't see the "BIG PICTURE" nor would they care.

Trying to understand this is like getting an onion and peel after peel trying to find the TRUTH of the matter.
Yet all I find are more layers.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Politically I don't think he has a real choice, could you imagine the punting match if he cursed people trying to achieve political freedom?

What ever the case, this is piss in the lemonade, I would hate to be him tonight.

I think he is trying to microwave kittens myself

Either this is being manipulated and/or there is not much he can do anyways, the chess pieces are moving along, where they stop who knows. Is someone going to bust out a suicide bomber to grease the situation???

many questions

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The President and the Sate Department don't support The people of Egypt they are simply hedging their bets and hoping to take advantage of whatever situation presents itself.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Thanks all, for your replies.

I have a quote from a favorite writer of mine; Orson Scott Card. In his book "Hidden Empire" he said,

"Politics is the art of simultaneously satisfying groups with conflicting goals. The traditional way of accomplishing this is to speak to the groups separately, lie, and then, if you are caught, deny it. You count on the voters to forget or lose interest or change their minds, and they almost always come through for you."
edit on 30-1-2011 by beezzer because: tyop

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
He as well as this nation openly supports protesters and the act of protesting anywhere in the world. The msm is not allowed to report the good aspects of this and that is long range these nations currently under what is evidently a lifetime President and the people are sick of it and are rising up.

Over there governance is dictated by a very small fraction of the populous where there are 1.9 Billion Arabs on the planet and a vast majority are ruled by no less then 100,000 as it's the same recurring cast of charecters akin to a bad and horrible tv show but in this case the script calls for real people and real scenarios. These people are quite frankly sick of it. Imagine if this were to occur in say, India, The UK, Even The US.

People who think that revolution means only grabbing a weapon and beating or shooting someone is sorely mistaken as this weapon here is more powerful than any nation which is the internet as it exists today. More people can be reached in a considerably less amount of time. Over the course of this year it is very likely that a million people will see this post here so if that isn't broad reaching I don't know what is. Remember this going forward, The Internet itself is bigger then any nation on Earth.

Could've the riots have been a plant to incite violence as they attempted to do during the 2009 G20 in Ottawa but was quickly identified and removed from the festivities thus retaining the peaceful and tranquil nature that was the aroma in the air? The thinking is that since they failed there they figured they'd try at the Cairo protests and somehow succeeded. Never let any group con anyone here into inciting violence as that will forever tarnish this group's thus far near flawless image, if you are encountered to do so contact a cop immediately as that is a chargeable offense and these groups won't even spring you if you get caught.

Odds are the social media networks and a few heavily populated sites like this one but thus far is not is being used by these groups to coordinate, arrange, synch and spread the world.That odds are was how easy it was to put together. My q is how quick did this take to put together given the complexity?
edit on 30-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not to mention raped- male and female, until their insides ruptured. It was days before Obama addressed the massacre in Iran and even then, I think it was because some of his constituents were pressing him on it. He hasn't made much of a secret of being pro Muslim and the Greens are seeking a secular government. I think seeing Egypt in a theocracy would suit him and his handlers just fine. Remember that US and UK energy companies profit mightily by any OPEC increase.

Our relationship with Iran is so delicate in that overt US support could backfire (and sanctions certainly harm the Persian people, not the government. IRGC and Pasdaran have their black market. They're not hurting) I only pray to God that we (that no one) somehow do not attack their country. If we can't come up with a constructive or at least non destructive way to help, we need to stay out of it. (I think our "spooks" could do better. If not, they're not much)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Thak you for the insight. I started this thread so I could learn more about what is going on and the aspect to how it is being treated.

reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

I remember seeing pictures of the dead, the injured in Iran. To me, it appeared that those protestors were an embarrssmet to this administration.
Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is because Obama is mostly Arab not Persian. Why would he give a crap about Iran? Haven't you noticed that America is pretty much ignoring Iran the past couple years.

He no like you.

That could also explain why Obama gave his speech to the Egyptians signaling that it was ok for the Muslim Brotherhood to assume control. Which is playing out now on TV.

Sinister plots or plain old Jihad? You be the judge.

edit on 30-1-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join