It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Caspian Sea, Jan 28, 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetzog
I think if these things were seen in the 80s there would be a lot more publicity about it.

Sorry to break it to you, but when people post on UFO sites, they usually omit exculpatory information to strengthen their alien arguments. Secondly, when you limit yourself to UFO sights, you set yourself up as an easy dupe.

Just for examples, my own home page has stories about spectacular sky apparitions caused by rocket launchings going back to the 1980s and some to the 1960s.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I think it is similar to what ive heard called missile launches....
Hows that for non committal?
I think the mushroom shape is called Bow shock.
and is ionised air particles.....

It's definitely a rocket. They look just like this, and the Caspian is reasonably close to Baikonur Cosmodrome.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetzog
I don't believe its a rocket/missile. For everyone who claims it is one, can you please explain how you know its a rocket/missile and why it creates the light effects?

I remember seeing something exactly like that in San Diego. I thought "wow my first UFO". I checked the news and Vandenberg AFB had launched a missile at that very time, targeted to the South Pacific. Vandenberg AFB is about 200 miles away from San Diego. Given that the rocket was heading southwest (and San Diego is south East), it must have been quite far away (hundreds of miles), and yet was very bright (brighter than Venus, e.g.).

This is what rockets look like when high in the atmosphere. Rockets are extremely hot and bright, and sufficiently high in the atmosphere, the hot exhaust products glow and cause the air to glow.

There are often very weird light effects with "donuts" "auras", glowing "clouds", etc, corresponding to various stages in the rocket's lifecycle.
edit on 30-1-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This one is awesome...

Also no question it's a rocket

Progress M-03M Baikonur launch site october 14, 2009

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here are some more images of this recent event including the best compilation of stills i've ever seen:

Other videos
newskaz.ru...

photos:
news.gazeta.kz...
www.omskinform.ru... (20 images)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Looks like we are performing for an empty theater

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
UFO over seas how we can contemplate it, how it is our essence,
how we like it very much, how there are our ancestors living with
us and working with all universe for us all to be better.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the videos Zorgon - very cool.

What are the white blinking lights that show up in the videos?? Starts out looking like three, then there are four -- and their positions seem relative to the rockets...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join