It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Caspian Sea, Jan 28, 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Link

All of this footage was captured in the early morning hours on January 28, 2011 east of the Caspian Sea.

to me the object seems to shift from comet like to blob like, or it could be more then one object. It seems to get first noticed early morning 5am moving slowly across a darkened sky.

(Visit link for full article)

This video is very interesting to me, as this object is radiating a bright light all around it. Do any aircraft do this? Also it just seems to slowly float along, as if observing us or something.
Anyway, i'd love to hear your guys thoughts on this. Something explainable?

Peace 2 all

edit on 30/1/2011 by Hazz-14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
How about you give us your opinion on this.

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think it is similar to what ive heard called missile launches....
Hows that for non committal?
I think the mushroom shape is called Bow shock.
and is ionised air particles.....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazz-14

I believe it to be a unknown ,thats all that can be said,appears like a comet but stops into a hovering ball?
Could be ufo traversing and dispersing ice particulates much like a comet,otherwise its still unknown.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Intriguing...

This reminds me of several works of art that have similar looking paintings such as this one from Visoki Decani Monastery, Kosovo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9eb633ed6027.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice the upper right and upper left.

edit... hmmm... it cut the photo off.. here is the link: "http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9eb633ed6027.jpg"
or link to website with photo
edit on 30-1-2011 by pianopraze because: inserted link

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It
Looks
A
Comet

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
We've been already analizing this kinf of event for a while here in ATS. The most accepted explanantion is that these are missiles. What remains unclear is the target of this weapon or its purpose.

Here a few links :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yes, it's a missile launch. That's what they look like. Missile launch. Believe it or not. This kind of thing has been posted here many, many times, and it's always a missile launch.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Allow me to to start off by saying that I do not have mental issues. I am a very sane & lucid person. I came to this sight seeking an explanation for something that happened to me when I was about 14 years old & also strange recent events. When I was 14 I had an encounter with some sort of thing. I was asleep in bed with my younger sister because we shared a bedroom & I was awaken by the feeling of a presence. When I woke up, a dark figure in the shape of a man was standing over me. I was paralyzed, I couldn't scream or move. The figure proceeded to reach inside of my vagina with it's hand. I'm not sure what it was doing. Then it proceeded to do the same thing to my sister who never woke up during the assault. Mind you, I was still paralyzed. I couldn't do anything to stop it. The figure suddenly changed its form to some sort of beast & ran off (like an animal would on four legs). I'm 23 & this still haunts me. I don't know if this was a dream or not. Before this happened I had an incident were I saw these bright red flashing lights in the sky right by my high school one night while I was riding in the car with my Mother. She didn't see the lights. I think I was about 12. Lately, I've been having this strange feeling that somebody or something is watching me. It's constantly around me. I also had another strange incident about 3 weeks ago while I was driving down Interstate 75 in Atlanta. It was a sunny day, not a cloud in the sky but I saw the deep grey heavy gaseous plasma like fog/mist in the sky, it was stagnant for a second, it shifted to the right, then it disappeared. I just don't know what is going on & to be honest I'm scared. Please do not judge me & call me crazy but I can honestly see why a person would think I am crazy. Hell, sometimes I have to make sure that I am not crazy bc I just can't believe this stuff is real ... but it is. I wouldn't take my time to write this if it's not. & this has been weighing heavy on my heart, mind, spirit and soul. I know this isn't the right thread to post on but someone please help me understand this better. I just need to understand this .... Thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

I see you're online now, can you please read my post .... sunshine12

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
The most accepted explanantion is that these are missiles. What remains unclear is the target of this weapon or its purpose.

Weapon? Target? Its a satellite launch from Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan

Here is another one. This was used in the Chinese news as the UFO that shut down the airport, even though that UFO was only a radar sighting

Soyuz 2 rocket launching a Meridian Satellite

edit on 30-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I always carry a tripod with me or hold the camera steady. Be nice to see if the thing was moving or sitting still. Can't tell with waving the camera around.

The second video is much better.

I'd say we're looking at a trans sonic aircraft in the upper atmosphere. If you've ever seen an aircraft pass the speed of sound there is a shock wave as it does so, this looks like that but at a much higher speed - mach 10 perhaps?
edit on 30-1-2011 by billxam because: added information

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by billxam
The second video is much better.
I'd say we're looking at a trans sonic aircraft in the upper atmosphere. If you've ever seen an aircraft pass the speed of sound there is a shock wave as it does so, this looks like that but at a much higher speed - mach 10 perhaps?

Hmmm mach 10? Well I guess a rocket moves fast...

Launch time: 0131 GMT on 28th (8:31 p.m. EST on 27th)
Launch site: Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan
A Russian government Soyuz rocket launched the 41st Progress cargo delivery ship to the International Space Station. Delayed from Dec. 27.
posted by sparktastic1 1 hour ago at youtube

Saved me looking it up

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The thing that gets me with these type of sightings is that they are always over built up areas. Missiles and rockets can malfunction and if it went wrong over a built up area, it would be catastrophic.

Also, these missiles/rockets have only began to light up in the last few months. I know times are hard and I cant see the Russians or the Chinese spending more making a rocket or missile just to create a light show in the night sky, meaning it can be seen from miles away and shot down before it reaches its target.

I don't think its a missile or a rocket.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

The most accepted explanantion is that these are missiles. What remains unclear is the target of this weapon or its purpose.

Weapon? Target? Its a satellite launch from Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan

Here is another one. This was used in the Chinese news as the UFO that shut down the airport, even though that UFO was only a radar sighting

Soyuz 2 rocket launching a Meridian Satellite

Yes, that could be another explanation too and I forgot to mention it. But one thing I learned in ATS is to do not rely in info that might be just the usual cover up. If they say it was a satellite inside that rocket....should I believe it? .....Why?

Reading those threads I mentioned will help to understand this event. Some of the comments there were made by brilliant people.

For now, I decided to continue having the same opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by planetzog
The thing that gets me with these type of sightings is that they are always over built up areas. Missiles and rockets can malfunction and if it went wrong over a built up area, it would be catastrophic.

Also, these missiles/rockets have only began to light up in the last few months. I know times are hard and I cant see the Russians or the Chinese spending more making a rocket or missile just to create a light show in the night sky, meaning it can be seen from miles away and shot down before it reaches its target.

Earth to planetzog!

These launchings may be seen and recorded by people in inhabited areas (that's where the people usually ARE), but they can be hundreds of miles away, over open ocean or desert. Such apparitions have been appearing since the 1980s and before, even if you never noticed them before. Try to get out more. Watch the skies!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Earth to planetzog!

These launchings may be seen and recorded by people in inhabited areas (that's where the people usually ARE), but they can be hundreds of miles away, over open ocean or desert. Such apparitions have been appearing since the 1980s and before, even if you never noticed them before. Try to get out more. Watch the skies!

Jim,

I think if these things were seen in the 80s there would be a lot more publicity about it.

The first time I've seen these lights are from this forum.

Some of the videos show these rockets/missiles descending near to built up areas. I understand what your trying to say that they could be hundreds of miles away but you don't know this by looking at a video.

I have watched rocket/missile night launches from the US and French Guyana and none of them ever created the same light effects.

So my question is this to everyone who says it is a missile/rocket, why do these rockets/missiles cause the light effects and others don't?

I don't believe its a rocket/missile. For everyone who claims it is one, can you please explain how you know its a rocket/missile and why it creates the light effects?

Oh and please don't attack me as if I'm stupid, I'm here to learn and if you claim you know what it is then please explain.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yes, that could be another explanation too and I forgot to mention it. But one thing I learned in ATS is to do not rely in info that might be just the usual cover up. If they say it was a satellite inside that rocket....should I believe it? .....Why?

Because you can track it
What the function of that satellite is may be a mystery but there is a group of amateurs that track everything, even the secret space plane X-37 was tracked by amateurs before it was announce

Was funny getting a press release from NASA that says "Secret Space Plane tracked by Amateurs"

www.spaceweather.com...

Amateur skywatchers spot secret space plane
Air Force’s X-37B spaceship doesn’t escape attention of satellite fans
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Reading those threads I mentioned will help to understand this event. Some of the comments there were made by brilliant people.

Some 'brilliant' and 'official' people also said the California contrail was a missile

For now, I decided to continue having the same opinion.

Anyone living near Vandenburg sees these a lot. But it depends what angle you view them at. Here is a Russian Proton launch looking at it from underneath... same blue glow..

Another factor is the FUEL The Shuttle uses liquid hydrogen and oxygen. So the exhaust is basically steam, because the byproduct of burning hydrogen in oxygen is WATER

But more exotic fuels like hydrazine have different glows, even make noctilucent clouds, which also freak people out...

I live in Vegas... Vandenburg is on the West Coast,, hundreds of miles, yet we see the trails easily, the best ones occur at sunset, but every time someone calls the news and says UFO

This was taken Sept 27, 2002 from Vegas. Its whats left of the trail of a minuteman launch at sunset

Here is a Progress cargo launch to ISS

Spectacular launch of cargo rocket to space. This one is AWESOME, again looking at it from below, not a side view

Now if you want to believe they are UFO's and Alien visitations, be my guest... but at some point one has to use common sense and sort reality from fiction

edit on 30-1-2011 by zorgon because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I think if these things were seen in the 80s there would be a lot more publicity about it.
The first time I've seen these lights are from this forum.

You forget that not that long ago there was no youtube nor internet
and very few people had video cameras or cell phone cameras

Some of the videos show these rockets/missiles descending near to built up areas. I understand what your trying to say that they could be hundreds of miles away but you don't know this by looking at a video.

They are NOT descending, it is an optical illusion depending on where you are watching it from. They are going into space

I have watched rocket/missile night launches from the US and French Guyana and none of them ever created the same light effects.
So my question is this to everyone who says it is a missile/rocket, why do these rockets/missiles cause the light effects and others don't?

Depends on the fuel as to the color and type of trail they leave. Some fuels leave a glowing after effect. It also depends on where the sun is... When a rocket gets into higher altitudes it catches the sun light and gives spectacular effects

You know you COULD just google rocket launch images and see hundreds of examples over many years. That way you would deny ignorance

Vandenberg Rocket launch seen from Phoenix, AZ

Stage separation..

Luminescent trail. The twisted shape is due to wind currents at various altitudes

members.cox.net...

Minotaur Rocket Launch Minotaur Rocket Launch Sept 22nd at 7:36pm using a Canon 10D at 800ASA, 55mm with a 24-85mm zoom and 6 sec exposure. These also catch the iridescent effect very well from the backlighting of the setting sun. Space Weather and Universe Today both featured this one from me

www.astrocalculator.com...

I don't believe its a rocket/missile. For everyone who claims it is one, can you please explain how you know its a rocket/missile and why it creates the light effects?
Oh and please don't attack me as if I'm stupid, I'm here to learn and if you claim you know what it is then please explain.

Well to learn, one has to actually go out and confirm what we say. It is easy enough to compare sighting dates with actual launch dates. You cannot learn by just reading posts at ATS without doing your own followup. But do realize that sometimes it gets frustrating to repeat the same lessons

Rocket launches are beautiful sights. Up until recently we did not have access to so many on video and only rarely was a news team on location. It is private cameras all over the world that is showing us what they look like. Most news media only got to show the glowing cloud effect at the end of the cycle

Here is one that starts out invisible as it is in the dark, but as it climbs into the sunlight you see it get brighter, then the plume widens. The trail behind twists in the wind and you see color forming from refraction. At 1:07 you see the main stage exhaust fuel and stage separation.

The missile continues and stage two ignites. At this point it appears from the camera angle that it is falling down, but it is not... it only appears that way because of the curve of the earth and the ballistic trajectory

Stage two then takes on the typical 'comet' look. After it reaches orbit you see engine shutdown then he zooms in on the luminescent clouds still remaining after the launch

This one is as good as it gets to show the entire process

Vandenberg Rocket Launch

edit on 30-1-2011 by zorgon because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I know times are hard and I cant see the Russians or the Chinese spending more making a rocket or missile just to create a light show in the night sky,

The Chinese have all our money and have bought up our mortgage foreclosures
and Russia has an assembly line of launch vehicles

Here is a picture of the ISS taken from the shuttle. In the photo you see THREE Russian ships docked and docking. One is the Soyuz for the Russian astronauts, one is a Progress cargo ship and the one docking is the ESA Mission 9 just arriving

Here is the assembly line in Russia

The Russians make millions selling space tourist trips to ISS (20 million for ten days) and selling advertizing on their rockets etc. Pizza Hut, LEGO, Popular Mechanics and Radio Shack to name a few big ones. To bad NASA can't do that to supplement their budget

Too many people discount what the Russians are capable of, but when NASA mothballs the shuttle, it will still be Russia supplying the ISS

meaning it can be seen from miles away and shot down before it reaches its target.

WTF? You want to show me ONE report of a space launch from any country that has been shot at? Your not serious right? Good grief man...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join