It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Post From A Long Time Viewer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Ive cruised this site for a long time but i finally decided to make an account tonight. I love coming here as it brings out the facts and ideas of the most current topics. I decided to make an account tonight because of two things i saw over my home town. i was leaving my house to go see a friend when i saw a light in the sky, but it wasnt ordinary. I see helicopters and planes all day and night and i remember the flight paths, because, like many people i love to observe the sky and stars. the light in the sky i saw wasnt over any flight path i know and ive lived here for several years. at first it looked like a star but it began to blink red every few seconds. it wasnt like plane lights though it would stay red for a few seconds then the red would disappear and become just a regular light again. i watched this for a few minutes until something else caught my eye. there was a dim light moving to quickly to be a plane moving across the sky, and i never would have seen it had i not been looking in the right place at the right time. i watched it streak across the sky for a matter of seconds and then it seemed to disappear. as this is an intro thread i would love to hear opinions and i look forward to posting further on this awesome site.

thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jgreer12

Welcome!

ATS can be an eye opener, fun, depressing, and annoying all depending on what you are looking at. It's a great place.

Just try not to get dragged down into the knock-down-drag-out arguments.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Milk

oh im well aware ATS can be an eye opener ive been going here for several years. its one of the best sites ive ever been on. it opens the mind and more people should view it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jgreer12
reply to post by Milk

oh im well aware ATS can be an eye opener ive been going here for several years. its one of the best sites ive ever been on. it opens the mind and more people should view it.

Absolutely, but at the same time, you can't go into it blindly. Fact checking isn't something many posters care to spend much time doing.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Hi jgreer12, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Welcome!

Just a quick question, did you have trouble sitting down after this experience?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Milk

this, my friend, i know. ive viewed many pages where people havent reviewed facts. this is why i left my original post up for debate because the light in the sky could have been a satellite. i personally have never seen this over my home because i live in a very well lit area but i do not dismiss it. i love hearing others opinions and i have a pretty good idea of whos being truthful, and i do my research. im just glad to be a part of a community where i can finally express my opinion and get at least some decent feedback.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What do you think it was that you saw?

To me it seems like... an airplane

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

no i was taken aback at first but after watching for a few moments i just got in my car and left. ive seen strange things in the sky before, but the do not scare me. if anything i get my hopes up that finally someone will say were not alone.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

no i knew it wasnt a plane, the first was stationary when i saw it. the second may have been a satellite but im not sure ive never seen one pass over before as i live in a well lit area and dont seem to see much at all. im open to all suggestions but i know the second object wasnt a plane it was moving much too quickly.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm guessing you saw something like a pulsating star and a satellite.

If not, then something else

In any case, welcome to ATS

- Z

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

that very well may be the case my friend. thank you for the welcome, and like i said i have an open mind about things. when i am able to i will do the research and find out what it is that is actually going on. the comments i receive will be noted and researched, and i know people will draw their own conclusions to whatever is said. one can only say the truth is out there somewhere, and i hope we can all find at least some of that truth at some point.

new topics

top topics

join