It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secondary Chemotherapy (like second hand smoke) is CAUSING cancer in pharmacy workers in hospitals.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
tending to suggest that chemotherapy actually causes cancer (with its number one side effect being cancer)

LINK below

www.naturalnews.tv...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Seems like basically everything kills us, doesn't it? It's just a question of which is killing us more.

Herbal remedies are natural, but they can be very dangerous in other ways and need to be used with care as well. I certainly wish that our governments would legalize herbal remedies because it makes sense, compared to unnatural drugs (that makes more money.)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Let me correct you ^^

seems like 'everything we make to better ourselves and live outside of nature, kills us'

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
well having had chemo and also tried chinese herbs, i can tell you which one i was more concerned about.

the one that put me in intensive care every time i had it.

and it wasn't the herbs.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Yup chemotherapy chemical are extremely toxic. Nurses take alot of precautions handling the stuff. and disposing of the waste. (wife went through a" round")

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Japanese men smoke in hi percentages and don't have the death stats from it that we are told the western man does.
I bet though, the chemo that almost no doctor will personally use, kills all equally.

just like it does when it is DU dust flying around the world or when it is Chemo in the drinking water
edit on 30-1-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have always felt that Chemo and other such therapys are ways of the pharma. companies keeping you alive and sick long enough to drain your bank account.

I recognize the nurses, many doctors etc have nothing to do with it. Of course I recognize that, and they are not whom is to blame.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
tending to suggest that chemotherapy actually causes cancer (with its number one side effect being cancer)

LINK below

www.naturalnews.tv...

Well of course they have the potential to cause cancer. A number of chemo drugs fall into the same class of chemical agents that induce DNA mutations, which can (by way of chance, predisposition and a number of steps) lead to tumour cell formation. Newer generation chemo drugs (and a lot of the old ones too) can target cancer cells by virtue of their altered metabolic states (upregulation of the expression of certain enzymes, differences in cytosolic pH, etc.), but that's not to say they can't and won't also damage healthy tissue. Minimising that damage is very hard because cancer cells are, for the most part, the same as the rest of the cells in your body (with the exception of a few metabolic changes). It's a case of the overall therapeutic benefits outweighing the temporary health costs. As was mentioned though, nurses and doctors who administer chemotherapy drugs take (or should take) proper precautions when handling and disposing of them.

You'd also be surprised how many drugs are in fact natural products (or derived from natural products). It is not always the case that pharma companies or independent research groups will then develop synthetic mimics of these natural products, either. There are plenty of marketed drugs whose main ingredient is the same as what would be found in nature - cyclosporin and taxol come to mind. Aspirin is another.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
bumping

for more exposure...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Mother inlaw is taking chemo and became pretty sadistic. She hired a man to cut down every tree on all the land she owns. Guess she figured if she was dying she was taking everyone else with her....no more oxygen producers for you.

Watch what happens when the Baby Boomers across America become sadistic with their cancers....

As for Pharmacy workers getting cancer from being around radioactive things....most likely true. Medical radioactive things aren't being properly treated as radioactive material.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Asians process metabolize nicotine differently IIRC slower (medical fact). They also have in general terms better eating habits, fresh food, especially fish rich in omega 3 and exercise more. Even soy (that mimics estrogen) reduces heart disease and stress. They also tend to reside in hot climates that foster transpiration that helps clearing the body.

In China the longevity is now reaching western medium, so it is not a simple racial characteristic but a combination of facts.

In any case when I see things like Jamie Oliver 's Food Revolution in the US and UK (that was becoming very similar), I can't believe the crap you let children eat over-there. And how bureaucracy linked to corporative interests control the way US/UK children are educated to eat.

You are what you eat there is no changing that...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Danbones said

Japanese men smoke in hi percentages and don't have the death stats from it that we are told the western man does.

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by Danbones

Asians process metabolize nicotine differently IIRC slower (medical fact). They also have in general terms better eating habits, fresh food, especially fish rich in omega 3 and exercise more. Even soy (that mimics estrogen) reduces heart disease and stress. They also tend to reside in hot climates that foster transpiration that helps clearing the body.

Nicotine has nothing to do with it. Nicotine does not cause cancer, it's not classified as a carcinogen. Nicotine is very similar to caffeine found in coffee. Like caffeine nicotine is a central nervous system stimulant and an vascular constrictor. In it's pure form nicotine doesn't cause cancer, heart or lung disease. It's the smoke itself in the cigarettes that do these things. The smoke, largely because it is smoke - combustible carcinogens causes the damage. There are some other factors such as the additives the tobacco companies add to the tobacco in processing. Many of those are known carcinogens.

I studied this in depth because I could not quit smoking using any method and decided to try an electronic cigarette which still delivers nicotine. I have been smoke free now for almost 2 years because of the electronic cigarette.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I was only pointing the reason why they tend to be heavy smokers. Because they need a higher dose of nicotine. The other factors is what makes the major difference.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join