It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ascension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The vastness of it all is incredible. We cannot believe my eyes. We have journeyed far and still have failed to understand the sheer size and scope of this place. We just recently banded together to explore outside our normal confines and have found wonders that are indescribably, and knowledge unparallel. This is the most awesome experience that has ever been undertaken. We discovered our distant friends not too long ago, in the neighboring system. They too, are exploring. They are kindred spirits and we hope to master this seemingly empty, at first glance, but utterly teeming existence.

Much time has elapsed, and we have evolved, we are binding ourselves and merging. We are becoming something greater, and we will soon ascend. There are more of us, and we hunger. Our confines bulge and strain under the sheer amount of us. We are becoming less diverse. We are breeding ourselves into a different entity alltogether, we are not sure what will become of it, and "we" may not survive to tell the tale.

We are one, and we are many. We communicate as a single entity, though we are separate. We know eachother, never having met, and we will soon be together, not matter the distance. We are Ascending. The prophets of the past have spoken of this for so long, we had almost forgot. Many have perished, many have dissapeared, and many remain. We are an unstoppable force now, and we bend the environment that was once so vast to our will. It is smaller now, or seemingly so. We can travel faster, or not at all. We commuinicate, or stream our consciousness to others, so that they may know us. We feed eachother, though we have never met. We help eachother, and we kill eachother. We teach eachother, and create ourselves anew when we are old. We no longer breed like before, our ravenous nature is subsiding, and we are becoming sedentary. We are tired.

We are in chaos, we are losing the connection. We break down, and we wage war. We struggle to keep ourselves alive, and shut others off from vital resources, in order to hoard for ourselves. Resources are scarce, time is just a memory, though it is short. We are hoping for the savior, we are hoping to Ascend! Where is our creator? Where has he gone? Where is our creator? We never knew our creator, more than we knew ourselves.

We see it now, we are returning, subsiding. We are leaving a path for the new, we are being consumed. We are the beginning and the end. The Alpha and Omega. We will return, we will have our chance again. We will Ascend!

We are everything, no matter the scope or scale, size or mass. We are bacteria, human, star, system, universe, we are the Ascension!
edit on 30/1/11 by masqua because: [WRAP] removed from title unless this is meant to REPLACE the existing submission to the contest.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

sounds like a pretty heavy epiphany. a "aha" moment of clarity.

one question unrelated.

what is (WRAP)

with regard .....??

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I think you just slipped into my spirit and read it word for word.
I’m glad you did, it’s reassuring to know I’m not alone.

The words you write are sad, meaningful and comforting, thank you.

Felonius
[WRAP] is a writing competition; WRAP stands for, if I remember correctly What Really Amps People

new topics

join