It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Caught CENSORING controversial SOHO Image

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
www.ufo-blogger.com...
CENSORED BY NASA

Heres an image id like to see the locals debunk...its from soho but read the story that goes along with it...hmmmmm
edit on 29-1-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Though it could be some stray booster package from anyones rocket...i think theres enough expertise here to identify it if thats so.
Otherwise considering Nasa, is covering it up, id have to say its either one of theirs, or maybe one of ours nobody is supposed to see
What say ye ?
Also if somebody could screen grab it???a blow up would be awesome too ! thanx s

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This is old news and has already been debunked . Nice try in your attempt to resurrect a debunked topic

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure about this photo (I am not an expert,) but the subject itself is certainly an important one.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

If that's the case could you link to the previous post? That would be helpful to anyone interested in the subject matter covered here.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
edit: ah well , if this is more fakery from someone, it still doesn't make nasa come out smelling like a rose, in any case... They still cheat the public, and quite often..

That object looks like it would have to be pretty big... looks utilitarian in it's design.. Interesting to say the least...

I have seen a lot of blatant cases where nasa has done these edits to clean images... Sure, sometimes people will point out glitches in stitching and other reasons why images have things wrong with them, but then there still remains a nice chunk of them that definitely look doctored, and forensic type tests also reveal this in sub level examination of images...

This looks like a good catch to me..

Even if it isn't legit, I think more and more people will keep catching nasa doing the same stuff, often..
edit on 29-1-2011 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have to admit it is an interesting shape

I also would like to see the older thread on this as to see how it was debunked, I for one believe if we were ever gonna see ufo's on a regular basis the Sun is the best place to look as its a source of energy.

StrangeyD

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I searched the title.....nothing...zip
It looks good to me, but thats why i threw it out here, so the experts could have a go at it...
If anything was left i would have persued it further...theres supposed to be other images as well.....
Ah well......that link would be helpful.....thnx

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

here's the debunked link for you www.abovetopsecret.com... Ps i love how i find the damn link for debunking this subject and how this topic is already been posted 2 twice before and the dude saying show me the proof gets stars. Here it is under a stupid name no less.
edit on 29-1-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I also would like to add, that with so much fakery happening in almost every nook and cranny of the ufo field, that someone (many sources) are sure going to extremes to trash the entire subject... Just like it has always been. But the real thing also seems to be happening , and at an ever increasing rate by the day...

It might get so bad that soon it will be pretty hard to debunk, because they won't be able to keep up..

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
By law NASA is NOT allowed to tell the truth.
It might be construed as "causing terror"
The PTB are terrified the peeps will find out the truth

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Unfortunately for NASA every now and then they miss an object and if it cant be explained away using one of the normal anomalies like compression, space junk etc etc then they have a little problem on their hands. Thing is, to the public NASA has total credibility whereas youtube has virtually none. Something needs to be done about that, and articles such as this may help but its just preaching to the choir when its on a ufo site. If a business in msm (preferably smaller, not owned by TPTB) thought they had something to gain (money) by exposing NASA then their greed would get the better of them and they would jump at the chance, and we could be there to supply all the dirt on them.

For people who already know, more footage is interesting but doesn't answer much more. For people in an almost psychotic state of denial, nothing is ever going to be good enough. But thanks for posting anyway, I had not seen this footage.

edit on 29-1-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

Sorry but i don't find any relevant debunking information ...regarding this latest SOHO image..

edit on 30-1-2011 by infomaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
By law NASA is NOT allowed to tell the truth.
It might be construed as "causing terror"
The PTB are terrified the peeps will find out the truth

Well that is not exactly how NASA puts it
but yeah close

The actual wording is available at the bottom in the fine print of every NASA site

(b) The requirements of this part to make Agency records available do not apply to matters that are--

(1)

(i) Specifically authorized under criteria established by an Executive Order to be kept secret in the interest of national defense or foreign policy and

(ii) Are in fact properly classified pursuant to such Executive Order;

(2) Related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of NASA;

(3) Specifically exempted from disclosure by statute (other than 5 U.S.C. 552), provided that such statute:

(i) Requires that the matters be withheld from the public in such a manner as to leave no discretion on the issue, or

(ii) Establishes particular criteria for withholding or refers to particular types of matters to be withheld;

www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wows - > Requires that the matters be withheld from the public in such a manner as to leave no discretion on the issue humm interesting ..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Mods, please shut this down..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is another attempt to have a thread dedicated to the censoring of NASA images from SOHO. I strongly believe that there should be a thread dedicated to the issue.

I did open a thread here. Greeneyedleo closed the thread as there was a discussion about the image itself here.

Chadwickus made an important point regarding the topic. My response is below. I wonder if the mods, in their infinite wisdom, allow us to take this to be significant enough to warrant its own discussion?

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Since it appears the alien ships have 'disappeared' it shows they were nothing more than image artifacts.

I think it's a good idea to understand the tools you use before using them.

For example, Stereo...

The science data collected by the STEREO spacecraft are written to the on-board recorder, which is then read out and transmitted to the ground during daily telemetry tracks using the NASA Deep Space Network. These data are of much higher quality than the beacon data, but take several days to reach the STEREO Science Center website. Thus, the most recent images on the STEREO Science Center browse tool will always be beacon images. These temporary beacon images are replaced with the full-quality versions as they become available, generally about 2-3 days later.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Thanks for that, Chadwickus. That might explain the missing images. I just don't have enough time to check everything. If only I didn't have to go to work. That's what's so good about this site I guess. Collaboration is always positive.

2-3 days does sound suspiciously like enough time to edit the photographic images though... God I wish I trusted NASA. So here we are - the suspicious images are removed after a short period, then replaced with higher resolution images that could have been edited. Tell me I'm wrong if you all know better.
edit on 29/1/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/1/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30/1/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Mods, please shut this down..

Is that an order? If you want to be a mod apply for a job!

It is a different thing to discuss censoring surely.

Why are you so frightened of having a thread headline that draws attention to this?
edit on 30/1/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I hadn't seen this particular picture....we do know that NASA does fiddle with pictures as in one instance that developed not too long ago being Dominator PS3 and his little find.

But as to the reason as to why this is done?

Is it Big Scary Alien Mother ships congregating around the sun? ..... I seriously doubt it lol

I am sure there is a very plausible reason as to why they do this on occasion.

On a side note: The Person that edited the Saturn picture was Emily Lakdawalla and the article is found below..

www.planetary.org...

In her own words:

Here's the image I made, which was a relatively quick and dirty color composite of three views of Titan and Dione captured by Cassini

So its no surprise that NASA gets lazy and badly photo-shops pictures.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the case again here..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark_Frost
So its no surprise that NASA gets lazy and badly photo-shops pictures.

I am not posting here to discuss the nature of the 'object' itself, if it even exists. For that discussion please visit this active thread.

It is my contention that - if NASA insist on editing/processing any images - they should ALWAYS provide access to the original unprocessed image. How else can they claim there is nothing to hide?

For me it is a bit rich to argue that nothing is being hidden from the public who pay for their work, but refuse to produce the unprocessed originals. It's just so simple but I bet you they will not do it. Why?
edit on 30/1/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join