It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US mom kills her teens, reportedly for 'talking back'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Originally posted by Adamanteus
Do I Care that someone I don't know killed their unruly children? NO! not in the least.

I think under and over concern abounds. I wonder what amount of concern for people we do not know is" just right?"

edit on 30-1-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

That's a philisophical debate beyond the scope of this thread. You have ranges on the empathy scale from sociopath to super empath. Empathy is not a belief or something you can learn or unlearn it just is and to try to determine if someone is right or wrong by being born a certain way is prejudice.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

As Roseanne Barr said in one of her early comedy routines, "I think abortion should be legal..................... up to something like the age of 18".

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by kwakakev
It is quite surprising to see a lack of apathy on this thread compared to one a week or so ago when a child shot all the members of his family. There are some very big cultural issues going on as for why people are doing this. Loose gun control laws is a big part of it and the numbers are showing more family members die than armed intruders or other assailants. It is one thing to point an object and pull a trigger, quite another to use a knife and get close and personal to the murder process. The whole medication regime is another problem, a lot of these drugs just suppress the causes until what is bottled up just explodes. Then there are also some mind control programs that sometimes fail and ends in destruction. You really need to be on the case to understand why this happened as there many possible reasons.

I do find a social acceptance to these events more concerning as the actual event. When people just accept this behaviour as the norm, the breakdown of moral fibre throughout the community leaves it primed for invasion. I know the government behaviour has been setting a bad example in many places. Without finding your core beliefs of what is right, wrong and important, the ongoing program is going to take them all away.

There we go, gun control. What next, knife control? Baseball bat control?

Well yeah. It is easier to take guns/weapons away from people then it is to prevent people with guns going around shooting people.

The American collective spirit of the sweet land of liberty disagrees.

It's just the way it is. You dig?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

There we go, gun control. What next, knife control? Baseball bat control?

Population control or personal responsibility looks to be the two main choices coming down the road. I am just calling it as I see it, make your own determinations.

We don't want Australian values on our beloved U.S. shores land of the free and home of the brave. Because it results in what is in that vid. That was over a crossbow.

If you have done any travelling you will find cultures and values do change from place to place, they all have their good and bad points. A few things are fairly common internationally in terms of values, including the importance of the family as one. When murder becomes blase society tends to crumble, the ancient Maya's is one example of this.
edit on 30-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'ancient'

Liberal social values crumble a society.

That acid comes out of European social philosophies.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Wow people jump to conclusions quick when the don't know the whole story. Somehow I have the suspision that the father had something to do with the kids being disrespectful. Maybe he was abusive and the kids followed suit.

Mental abuse can cause people to snap psychologically.

Shush now. That's a man secret involving waging psychological warfare against the female mind.

It's just the natural order of things.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't see a problem.

She brought them into this word, and she can damn well take them out!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

So you have nothing against homosexuality. Awesome. Neither do I.

Prejudice abounds Whether we like it or not we are all prejudiced.
That in itself is normal. It is those delusions of superiority and all dehumanizing rhetoric that is wrong.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
One month ago, it being a week after Christmas and everyone was getting ready to bring in the New Year, I contemplated on the year 2010 and all the misery that that year brought to countless numbers of people. As the New Year was brought in with all the partying and celebration in every town and city around the world, I couldn't help but know that the misery from 2010 would be carried into 2011.

As terrible as this news is, we cannot forget that we do not live in a perfect world. I really hate to admit it but I've almost become desensitized at news like this. It's the 'new thing' in our modern world.

Violence is as commonplace today as horses for transportation was commonplace a hundred years ago.

It's a sad world and it's just going to get sadder. I hate to sound pessimistic but I'm positive that things will only get worse. Look at us (humankind in general).
edit on 30/1/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Liberal social values crumble a society.

Conservative "social" values is an oxymoron since conservatives are anti- "social" and believe all men are islands.

Conservative values will allow a society to freeze in winter.
Conservatives values will starve and deprive the masses of every luxury, and most necessities. Denying even health care and a decent education to it's own people...funneling all luxury and wealth to a priviledged few elite sequestered in posh and protected zip codes.

That acid comes out of European social philosophies.

What's with the anti European sentiment all of a sudden? Acid? Most of us ARE of European heritage as of a couple hundred years ago. That ain't cool dude.

edit on 31-1-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
...read all the news articles i could find on her... in one, it said the police found a note where she laid out her plan to kill the kids and herself...

...the photos show a woman that looks much too old and haggard to only be 50, especially considering that she hasnt had an impoverished life... she has a medical issue but we dont know what that is yet...

...i suspect a mental illness that had been kept somewhat under control but, when her husband went overseas, she stopped taking her meds and it bloomed...

...the cops had been to their house before... i havent found the reason why but i wont be surprised if it turns out that they were called because she was out of control and being violent...

...cps made a recent visit but found nothing to warrant further investigation...

...there were warning flags but, as is usually the case, people didnt see them or didnt realize what they were seeing...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

For even uttering such a comment as that you should have the choice of conceiving taken away from you. That stupidity make me question whether everybody should be free, and I definitely leaning toward no they shouldn't. You're sick for believing that, or even thinking for a second that it's funny.

This website, and the people it attracts at times never stops amazing me. What a fool.

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
I don't see a problem.

She brought them into this word, and she can damn well take them out!

I wish I could be half as funny as you, that was just so creative I'm in awe of the brilliance oozing from your every word!
edit on 31-1-2011 by Sed Non Credo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by spy66

Exactly, just like a car owner could some day run over people waiting for the bus.
You know just one day flip out and mow em down.

Isn't that the same sort of logic used to promote racism? Take one set of circumstances, repackage to suit an entirely different cause and hey presto we have the same irrefutable answer. Come on man, surely you don't belief that nonsense?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

It's murder don't you see.She murdered her own kids and that is unacceptable.She should of never done that in the first place.Its not a joke to make fun of her murdering her own dead children.Its not even funny.Shame

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Theres an old saying.
'I birthed you in this world ,and ill take you out'
I just feel ,if a mother wants to do that,its her choice ,its her kids....period,its in the animal instinct,life isnt fair,but we are animals,regardless of the name.

Jesus Christ. I can't believe some of the posts in this thread. It's totally surreal.

I'm sure if the father had've committed this crime, he would have been hung and quatred from the first post with no excuse for his hidiousness permissable.

Amazing when it's a mother/woman involved. I'm female and I hope this woman rots in hell.
There is no excuse. She could have taken herself out. NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER FOR KILLING HER CHILDREN. NONE.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Another psycho single mother. Clearly they need to start giving custody to the fathers instead of these self centered Ho's.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
There are many mothers who have serious mental, emotional, psychiatric problems. In my lifetime, I have observed, in disturbed wonder, how such mothers are generally given a, “free,” pass by society. People generally turn the other way. And if CPS is called, unless the mother is just completely freaking insane, will do absolutely nothing. CPS is already inundated with physical and sexual abuse cases . . . and even with those, they are only putting a band-aid on a gaping wound.

Before I get trampled in to a small pile of flesh, allow me to balance my very first statement by also stating that I have known MORE men who are mentally unstable, than I have known women. That’s the truth. That’s just been my experience. But women are the ones who primarily raise the children. And because of this, women, instead of being given this, “free,” pass, should be held to an extremely high standard. This is obviously not the case. Just look around. It’s pathetic. My heart goes out to these poor children being raised by this Army of whacked out mothers. God help them. Somebody help them.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourMomLied
There are many mothers who have serious mental, emotional, psychiatric problems. In my lifetime, I have observed, in disturbed wonder, how such mothers are generally given a, “free,” pass by society. People generally turn the other way. And if CPS is called, unless the mother is just completely freaking insane, will do absolutely nothing. CPS is already inundated with physical and sexual abuse cases . . . and even with those, they are only putting a band-aid on a gaping wound.

Before I get trampled in to a small pile of flesh, allow me to balance my very first statement by also stating that I have known MORE men who are mentally unstable, than I have known women. That’s the truth. That’s just been my experience. But women are the ones who primarily raise the children. And because of this, women, instead of being given this, “free,” pass, should be held to an extremely high standard. This is obviously not the case. Just look around. It’s pathetic. My heart goes out to these poor children being raised by this Army of whacked out mothers. God help them. Somebody help them.

....not gonna trample, but totally agree with you....i work in the medical field so i too have seen several women and men for the matter with mental issues and the problem grows more and more by the day....i feel we are over medicating people....I mean have you seen the commercials today for medications? Hellfire the side effects are worse than the actual problem you might be trying to fix! ....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
if a child/teen is "out of control" the blame is usually found at home or near by,

it usually is lack of parenting that leads to lack of respect,

not the best way to teach a kid to stfu,

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
if a child/teen is "out of control" the blame is usually found at home or near by,

it usually is lack of parenting that leads to lack of respect,

not the best way to teach a kid to stfu,

....agree, I was taught to be seen and not heard...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Yet another case showing the need for more strict procreation and parenting control. Parenting in modern society (partially with the exception of China) is seen as a right, instead of a privilege that should be granted only to those mentally and materially ready. Until we realize this, the number of victims of procreation and parenting anarchy will continue to grow...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join