It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US mom kills her teens, reportedly for 'talking back'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

US mom kills her teens, reportedly for 'talking back'

www.rawstory.com

What they found was shocking: a woman, Julie Schenecker, 50, covered in blood, her son, 13, shot dead in the car in the family home's garage, and her daughter, 16, shot dead in an upstairs bedroom, Tampa police said.

"The suspect confessed to killing her two children. She described the crimes in detail. The suspect was transported to the Hillsborough County Jail charged with two counts of First Degree Murder," Tampa police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
And today's poster child for birth control, psychiatric help, and one of the few times I am FOR extended background checks on a gun (which extends into the above psychiatric protocol) is this gal.

Man there are some seriously deranged people in this world. I have seen quite a few mouthy teens, but hey, this is part of life, and part of being a parent. There are plenty of ways to deal with kids, even defiant ones, that don't require violence.

But this just took things to a whole new level of sickness. This individual:

A) Had no business being a parent to these children. She should have given them up to an agency, or a family member if she was going to do something anywhere NEAR as horrific as this.

and

B) This person should have NEVER had access to a gun to begin with. Guns don't murder people-deranged, sick people do. I'm sure I will take some heat for my latter statement, but this is primarily the truth.

Absolutely horrible.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Only a parent can understand the thought.

Many times.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Expound upon your statement please.

Hopefully I am misunderstanding you, but are you saying only a parent can understand this woman, who murdered her two teens, thoughts?

If so, I could not disagree more. I am a parent, and despite any guff my kids have ever given me, the thought to even HARM, let alone KILL them, has never, ever crossed my mind. So no, I do not understand the thought.

If I am misreading what you meant, I apologize.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Maybe in there next life they will learn to listen to there next set of parents,shoudnt of been so hard headed.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
already covered
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Am I in the twilight zone or something here?

Their mother MURDERED them.

If you are going to take the responsibility of being a PARENT, you don't KILL YOUR KID for being "hard headed".

Plenty of teens act up and get mouthy, there are a million other ways to deal with their behavior than violence or murder.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I, for one, agree with your statement that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." All the gun control in the world won't change this fact. Furthermore, all one needs to do is look at the prison system to see that if people really want to kill, they can do it without a gun. Inmates can fashion a weapon from almost anything and do. I think common sense should be used when selling a gun to someone, but the truth is if they really want it, they will find a way to get one. And even with gun restriction, the criminals will still have them. Just like drugs, making them illegal doesn't stop people from getting them.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Let's pray they're just jerking you around. A rather serious subject to this in however, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

If it happened in another country, the media would be referring to it as an "honor killing" and people such as FarArcher would be denouncing it vehemently. Instead hthey downright praise it.

Such ill-minded people.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Am I in the twilight zone or something here?

I'm completely with you with regards to this statement. Are people being sarcastic or genuinely agreeing with this woman's actions?

Violence towards children is absolutely unacceptable. I don't know a single individual that doesn't get angry at their children but to go this far, there has to be something very wrong with the mother to begin with.

As for what you said regarding gun control, sure some people shouldn't have guns, however there's no evidence indicating that this woman had a history of any sort of violence or mental illness (at least there's nothing mentioned about it in the article) so even if they were to do more checks they may very well have came up with nothing and issued her a weapon anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
For those of you following any of my other threads/posts lately... Here's another one!

Florida of course...Thanks Dimensional D

BTW to the first few responders (' kids should've listened ' ) etc...

I think it is one thing to 'wish they were gone' for a moment, and quite another to pick up a gun and shoot down the people you're supposed to protect and love, by the same people who who supposedly love and protect you.
edit on 29-1-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
horrfying that is the word for it.She is some crazy person for doing what she did murdering her own children.Its unbeliable.I can't believe she would do such a thing.What has taken me more aback was for talking back they got this.The society we live in.Where all crazy thinges like this happen.How shocking!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have heard way too many stories of parents killing their children and vice versa. It seems this whole world has gone insane!

I've seen times I could have butted my head against a wall but NEVER have I remotely thought of killing my young ones.

Have the number of these murders increased or are we just hearing more about them? I honestly hope it's the second option!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Maybe in there next life they will learn to listen to there next set of parents,shoudnt of been so hard headed.

I would be very afraid to be a child in this current generation, and I take it you must be one to have such a low opinion of life.So its okay because.....they`ll not be in a amytville horror in the next life,thats dumb..
edit on 30-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sounds like another prozac murder.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but people with guns kill more people."

It is true that a gun can't kill someone entirely by itself, but comparatively it is extremely difficult for you to kill someone without using a gun. There are a huge number of factors involved in a process that results in one person killing another and they alter drastically when a gun is introduced. In short, guns do kill people.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Naw, I don't think you misunderstood.

My mother indicated when I was growing up that at times, she could just strangle me.

Later in life, my wife continues to tell me the same damned thing.

And yeah, the thoughts crossed my mind with my kids, especially my daughter. She too, had a mouth.

Methinks this woman had little or no support in raising her children. It's hard enough with two parents, but I can't imagine just one parent.

That's another thing my wife said she could choke the **** out of me over - that even though I was present - she still had to raise our kids by herself.

Doesn't stop me from taking full credit though, when folks brag on my kids.

Besides, I'm accustomed to frequently sleeping on the couch. If I could just learn to shut up . . .

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Explanation: Hmmmm?

I wonder if it went down like this....

Favorite Simpson Quotes. (this quoted by T.Dimera @ August 9th, 2006, 01:14 AM) [forums.ratedesi.com]

This was when the simpsons went to louisana and were found guilty of killing the state aligator...

GUARD: NO TALKING...& NO LISTENING...DO YOU HEAR ME BOY?

HOMER: ......NO?

GUARD: YOU JUST DON'T GET IT DO YOU BOY (pulls out whip)

Personal Disclosure: A line has to be drawn somewhere when it comes to discipline and beyond that voilent and painfull physical punishment SHOULD BE ENFORCED [OL recommends a wooden spoon] but shooting your kids is OVERKILL in more ways than one!
Surely as a military mother she had some concept of the R.O.E's.

P.S. Remember we all have mothers and as the saying goes... Hell hath no fury! Watch your step as its clear they brought you into the world and as this unfortunate tragedy shows... they can also take you out! Seriously think about that the next time they ask you nicely to do your chores and take out the trash OK!

edit on 30-1-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited buggy quote code.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with some people?

Some people should not have children

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join