It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Govt. Forced Indian Students to Wear Radio Collars On their Ankles.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
"What sort of bloody animals are these people for locking people inside a building like pets?" is something that could be said about prison too, but you don't seem to have a problem with that.

I agree with you, the whole concept of prison systems is very awful, prisons can't correct human behavior, and it is the society and environment that is completely responsible for violent or unethical behavior of an individual. A person is not born with bad traits but he acquires it through society. Whatever a child learns up to first six years, has a profound effect on his whole life. And these days a child learns violence through media and parents.

edit on 31/1/11 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Sounds too idealistic for me. Not everyone's behavior can be "corrected". I think it's important for there to be consequences for committing a crime, and time in prison is just one of them. Else the law cannot work if there are no consequences for breaking them. It then becomes empty rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Criminals on parole in America are radio tagged, but this law applies only to the individuals with American nationality and not some other country like India. So in this case authorities are breaking the law.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
They're in American soil, some committing a crime. If tourists in India commit a crime will they not be detained?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinay86
Criminals on parole in America are radio tagged, but this law applies only to the individuals with American nationality and not some other country like India. So in this case authorities are breaking the law.

Unless the students have diplomatic immunity, no laws have been broken.

Diplomatic immunity is a principle of international law by which certain foreign government officials are not subject to the jurisdiction of local courts and other authorities.

source

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

America's Herd Mentality

But considering that the fault for this mess lies within the US and because the racket was conducted by Americans, it seems mighty suspicious that the duped Indians are being made to take the rap. On top of it is the treatment meted out to them as criminals with tags. Switch positions and have a bunch of Americans found to be duped by a non-existent yoga instruction centre here and you know what the consequences would have been if Indian authorities had cuffed radio-tags around their limbs.

Source.
I don't know what kind of culture is there in America, radio tagging a human being seems unjust and unfair to me. I don't know about such procedures being followed anywhere else in the world.
edit on 1/2/11 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

I don't know what sort of culture you have in India but locking people in building like caged animals is inhumane. Perhaps you should destroy all prisons and be a humane society and set an example for the world.

I see nothing inhumane about this. Guess it's a cultural thing or technophobia. Considering some of the other things you have recently posted I'm thinking it's the latter.

Comment from the same source:

let me provide some clarity here, as you seem to be a little misinformed. Firstly, not all the students have been tagged and only a few of them have. This is because the ICE feels that the students had to have had some knowledge of the tri valley university's fraudulence. This is a believable stance since if you were to reach out to any of the students and ask them what courses they have registered for, tests taken etc. the respone would be " no tests necessary and classes not mandatory". Secondly, the number of students granted student visas from india is negligible. Almost 90% of the students enrolled in this university were based out of the US. People whose work visas expired or did not get any extensions on them. They then took the "short cut" of enrolling in this university that granted work permits and did not conduct any tests or mandatory classes. Furthermore, the university seems to have operated a "pyramid scheme". Enrolled students that referred other students would get a referral fee from the university ( reports are that it's around 10% of the registration fee), which is clearly illegal. Some students have also used these CPTs (student work visas) and benefited monetarily by working in full time positions across the country. This too is illegal and the ICE contests that the students willingly went along with this fraud. Once again, not all students have been detained and collared, just the ones that are thought to have benefited monetarily from this scam. They ofcourse need to be detained pending investigation. They have two options..be collared, or spend the time in jail until investigation is complete.

On a side note, check out the university's web site. It's absolutely ridiculous to believe that anyone would join this institution in the hopes of getting any sort of substantial education. It's full of typos and grammatically incorrect english. Furthermore, it seems has radical religious undertones to it.

edit on 1-2-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

America's Herd Mentality

But considering that the fault for this mess lies within the US and because the racket was conducted by Americans, it seems mighty suspicious that the duped Indians are being made to take the rap. On top of it is the treatment meted out to them as criminals with tags. Switch positions and have a bunch of Americans found to be duped by a non-existent yoga instruction centre here and you know what the consequences would have been if Indian authorities had cuffed radio-tags around their limbs.

Source.
I don't know what kind of culture is there in America, radio tagging a human being seems unjust and unfair to me. I don't know about such procedures being followed anywhere else in the world.
The "fault" lies with Susan Xiang-Su..an immigrant herself.

Does the United States have the right to enforce its laws within its own boundaries...absolutely; so does every other nation on this planet.

Is radio tagging inhumane..highly speculative; the answer seems to be more personal opinion than factual evidence. In my opinion, radio tagging is a more humane treatment than sitting in a cage with murderers, rapists, drug addicts, etc for an indeterminate amount of time BUT to each their own.

It seems you and I must agree to disagree on this topic.

Since this thread seems to have deteriorated into another instance of nationlistic finger pointing, I see no need to continue with this "debate." I have been taught that it is impossible to hold a rational discourse with a closed mind.

Have a great day

edit on 2/1/2011 by TNTarheel because: typos, of course

edit on 2/1/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/1/2011 by TNTarheel because: reworded for diplomacy

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

edit on 2/1/2011 by TNTarheel because: pointless

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

India is launching a new census in which every person aged over 15 will be photographed and fingerprinted to create a biometric national database.

The government will then use the information to issue identity cards.

Officials will spend a year classifying India's population of around 1.2 billion people according to gender, religion, occupation and education.

BBC News

In India, illegal immigration from Bangladesh has been an issue of serious concern for over decades. Border guards of both neighboring nations have also set up an institutional framework to discuss illegitimate cross-border movements, according to India's external affairs ministry.

For India, the new ID scheme can also be a potential means to detect illegal aliens living in the country.

Dehli.ozg

I ran across these while researching the use of GPS tracking for personal usage.

edit on 2/1/2011 by TNTarheel because: format

edit on 2/1/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

Thanks for posting, I hate prison systems and those students should be immediately sent back to India as they are not some illegal immigrants form Mexico, and regarding biometric scans coming to India, I had long ago made a thread on it and how it would affect personal freedoms.

Biometric Scans Reaches India : And You Could Be Next.,

So, we can say indian society, culture, govt. is also dreadful and rotten. This is not about hurting your nationalistic or patriotic beliefs because if you look closer, you will find that "behind the veil of different governments, different countries everything is same and vile."

That is what i said on this thread earlier, and i wont elaborate on it further as to what i am pointing towards because you know it already. If you don't see radio tagging a human being bad, than it might be because you are filtering reality through your belief systems, which you have acquired through society and govt. If you don't think putting big radio collars on someone is bad, it is fine with me.

Thanks Again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join