It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorilla who walks like a human goes viral online

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by reatarded

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
sure there's other animals that can walk on their hind legs,, but are you purposefully ignoring the point so you can point out a menial flaw in someone's comment?

when i saw this video it blew my mind for a second...i've just never seen a gorilla doing it. it's very meaningful in a time-less way...watching the baby-steps of evolution can be pretty beautiful in my opinion...

Yes, you have never seen it before, I have. I have seen dogs who can walk on two legs, does that mean millions of years from now dogs will walk on two legs?

this comment would lead one to believe that because you have seen "it", your theory of how "it" came to be must be the correct theory. or at least that because i have not seen "it", i have no authority to posit an explanation for "it".

Originally posted by reatarded
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Never said I was smarter, also never said evolution is incorrect or correct.

I said I wish I could live a million years to see whether Evolution is actually correct.

At the moment evolution is faith based.

Micro evolution happens, but evolution where one specie produces another, needs millions of years of observation, to be a fact.
id say there's plenty of articles citing how animals are creating adaptations to their environment. what you're referring to depends more on when a 'credible scientist' decides that whatever adaptation their seeing is worthy of calling the animal a new species.

A Gorilla walking straight doesn't mean evolution, a Gorilla walking straight means the Gorilla has the ability to walk straight, and one Gorilla decided he wants to be different.

Humans have the same ability, I seen humans who wear ridiculous cloths which I have never seen before. It doesn't mean evolution, it means humans have the ability to wear what ever the want, and one human decided to be different.

In the end, it isn't evolution, it is choice. It isn't something mysterious, it isn't something complicated, it isn't something new, nor surprising.

Have you seen someone eat with their feet, clean the house with their feet, brush their tooth with their feet. Basically do everyday which you normally do with your hand, with your feet.

That simply means we have that ability, it doesn't mean evolution.

since when do animals flex "abilities" that are before now unneeded? maybe you should look up the definition of evolution...youngsters wearing silly clothing is still evolution, it is the evolution of fashion, clothing, and yes it is still the evolution of human being because we are humans and we are evolving all the time, even our stupid decisions are a part of our evolving into better decisions. those people that do everything with their feet: i bet a good majority of those people don't have the ability to use their hands, so they adapted to their environment by using the "ability" to use their feet. blah blah but like you said evolution is relatively faith based in our time-frame, i'd have to agree.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
That is so cool, it just made me smile.
He's is smart, monkey see monkey, he's the elite of the Gorillas, looks like man walking.

He's the Johnathan Livingston Seagull, of the Gorilla world.

Star and flag for that one.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Natasha, a 5-year-old black macaque at the Safari Park near Tel Aviv, began walking exclusively on her hind legs after a stomach ailment nearly killed her, zookeepers said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Monkey with stomach ache.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminati_2012

Sigh........for the last time the Hebrew makes NO MENTION OF A TALKING SNAKE!

The proper translation would be the "Nacash" or in English UPRIGHT SHINING OR GLOWING REPTILIAN LIKE CREATURE.

Deny Ignorance don't spread it bro!

edit on 1/29/2011 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Just hoping no one puts a DVD player in front of him with a
copy of the Planet of the Apes running, or we are all going to be in big trouble.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
reply to post by googolplex

Just hoping no one puts a DVD player in front of him with a
copy of the Planet of the Apes running, or we are all going to be in big trouble.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

I think the story said his father did it as well, just not as often, and his sisters gives it a try now and then. Its probably his junk causing a counter balance making it possible...
edit on 30-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: checked facts

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
are his hips positioned different,,, because it seems for him to walk like that would be uncomfortable and against the way there hips are set up

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Monkey see, monkey do?? With gorillas in captivity it doesn't seem outlandish that some of the apes may begin to mimic the mannerisms of their caretakers. Why not an ape that aspires to something greater?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join