It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorilla who walks like a human goes viral online

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

ca.news.yahoo.com

Amid news that our ancestors left Africa much earlier than we previously thought, another African primate's human behaviour is making waves online.

Meet Ambam, a 21-year-old Silverback Western Lowland gorilla at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park in the English city of Kent, who has become an overnight viral video star.

The cause of his new-found celebrity? An upright walking style that's all too human. Check out the video below to see for yourself
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Anyone who believes in Adam and Eve and the talking snake? Get real folks!!!!!!!!!
I suppose Jonah living in a whale for three days is also real? LOL

What I see is a very interesting possible forward movement in the evolution of captive gorillas. Those gorillas have obviously spent enough time in beneficial proximity to humans that they have started to adopt our behaviour.
It's also interesting to read the comments about how the other primates around them couldn't care less. And the conquest of humans !? get real.

ca.news.yahoo.com

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
but would his actions benefit him in the wild natural selection states that any change would benefit the species?..
im a darwin fan but this just seems like a party trick. creationist are dumb but this is dumber unless his children start doing the same

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminati_2012

Anyone who believes in Adam and Eve and the talking snake? Get real folks!!!!!!!!!

What I see is a very interesting possible forward movement in the evolution of captive gorillas. Those gorillas have obviously spent enough time in beneficial proximity to humans that they have started to adopt our behaviour.
It's also interesting to read the comments about how the other primates around them couldn't care less. And the conquest of humans !? get real.

ca.news.yahoo.com

You get real, there are a lot of dogs, cats, Bears and even lion seals who can walk straight. Heck even elephants lol.

WOW, what a roller coaster ride.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

he may be able to reach more foods or get to them faster

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Evolution. Right? Monkey into man.

Imitating humans? Human into monkey?

Make up your mind.

BTW, amazing videos!

Thanks for posting them.

edit on 29-1-2011 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminati_2012

Haha, that top video is unreal!

I swear, at first it looks like a human dude in a gorilla suit! LOL!

I have seen gorillas walk on 2 legs plenty of times, but not like that. His gait IS human like!

Awesome!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That DAMN PLANET OF THE APES

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

ca.news.yahoo.com

Amid news that our ancestors left Africa much earlier than we previously thought, another African primate's human behaviour is making waves online.

Meet Ambam, a 21-year-old Silverback Western Lowland gorilla at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park in the English city of Kent, who has become an overnight viral video star.

The cause of his new-found celebrity? An upright walking style that's all too human. Check out the video below to see for yourself

Doesn't ca.news.yahoo know that our ancestors were not from Africa?? but are from the middle east? how long are they going to keep this lie?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
There is a thread about this that was started a few days ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
One of the traits that allow humans to walk upright/stand for great lengths of time is that we can lock our knees. I believe chimps and gorillas are capable of similar movement but become fatigued more quickly as they lack this ability At least that is what I recall from a university course way back.

edit on 29-1-2011 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
sure there's other animals that can walk on their hind legs,, but are you purposefully ignoring the point so you can point out a menial flaw in someone's comment?

when i saw this video it blew my mind for a second...i've just never seen a gorilla doing it. it's very meaningful in a time-less way...watching the baby-steps of evolution can be pretty beautiful in my opinion...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
sure there's other animals that can walk on their hind legs,, but are you purposefully ignoring the point so you can point out a menial flaw in someone's comment?

when i saw this video it blew my mind for a second...i've just never seen a gorilla doing it. it's very meaningful in a time-less way...watching the baby-steps of evolution can be pretty beautiful in my opinion...

Yes, you have never seen it before, I have. I have seen dogs who can walk on two legs, does that mean millions of years from now dogs will walk on two legs?

Baby steps of evolution? I wish I could live for millions of years, I know life would get boring, but it would be worth knowing if evolution is actually true or false.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by reatarded

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

Yes, you have never seen it before, I have. I have seen dogs who can walk on two legs, does that mean millions of years from now dogs will walk on two legs?

Baby steps of evolution? I wish I could live for millions of years, I know life would get boring, but it would be worth knowing if evolution is actually true or false.

who are you to say that dogs won't walk on two legs? please give me some evidence that proves dogs can't evolve into the Universal-Human form. you must be smarter than me cause you've.. seen stuff. except acceptable proof/faith in evolution i suppose.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

but until it is passed on to its offspring its not evolution just a trick until he has kids that do the same i will not be impressed
edit on 29-1-2011 by nonetruegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Never said I was smarter, also never said evolution is incorrect or correct.

I said I wish I could live a million years to see whether Evolution is actually correct.

At the moment evolution is faith based.

Micro evolution happens, but evolution where one specie produces another, needs millions of years of observation, to be a fact.

A Gorilla walking straight doesn't mean evolution, a Gorilla walking straight means the Gorilla has the ability to walk straight, and one Gorilla decided he wants to be different.

Humans have the same ability, I seen humans who wear ridiculous cloths which I have never seen before. It doesn't mean evolution, it means humans have the ability to wear what ever the want, and one human decided to be different.

In the end, it isn't evolution, it is choice. It isn't something mysterious, it isn't something complicated, it isn't something new, nor surprising.

Have you seen someone eat with their feet, clean the house with their feet, brush their tooth with their feet. Basically do everyday which you normally do with your hand, with your feet.

That simply means we have that ability, it doesn't mean evolution.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

ya i was thinking about that too...it's been studied that when one primate started making tools to find food other primates started doing the same thing once they saw the benefit...then that leads you to consider the "100th monkey effect" that states that once 100 monkeys learn a new skill ALL monkeys of the same species will begin showing the skill even though they are not in the immediate environment of the first monkey. (of course the critical mass isn't 100 monkeys exactly, is simply a name for the phenomenon). i think the idea is that animals still have conscious contact with their species' mass consciousness, so they start to learn the skill from their subconscious/unconscious selves via their connection to their own species' mass consciousness once enough members of their species begin to consciously use their new skill.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Anyone stop to think that these monkeys have the runs or something?

They kind of look knotted up and the videos end prematurely.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminati_2012

Thanks for posting.

I think this is more significant than
some people realize.

S & F

top topics

<<   2 >>

join