It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Eastern United States Earthquake Warning!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have created this thread to get the information out and to encourage residents to participate in the upcoming drills because this is a reality

Let me start by listing the major earthquakes that have affected the United States

November 18, 1755 New England Earthquake (Epicenter, near Cape Ann, MA)

$5 billion damage
Deathtoll in the hundreds

December 16, 1811 New Madrid, Missouri
February 7, 1812 New Madrid, Missouri

"highest economic loss due to natural disaster" if happened today
very little deaths, sparse population

January 9, 1857 The 1857 Tejon Pass Earthquake in California.

little damage
2 deaths

August 31, 1896 Charleston, South Carolina

40 000 left homeless

April 2, 1868 Hawaiian Earthquake

landslides, tsunamis, aftershocks continue to present
77 deaths

April 18, 1906 The Great San Francisco Earthquake in California.

350 million damage, 300 000 homeless
3000 deaths

April 13, 1949 Olympia, Washington Earthquake

200 million
15 deaths

August 17, 1959 near Hebgen Lake, Montana aka Yellowstone earthquake

74 million
28 deaths

March 27, 1964 The Alaska Good Friday Earthquake

2.1 billion damage
131 deaths, 2nd largest recorded earthquake ever

April 29, 1965 Seattle, Washington Earthquake

$800 000 damage
3 deaths

November 29, 1975 Hawaii Earthquake

4.6 million
2 deaths

June 28, 1992 The Landers Earthquake, California

little damage, mojave desert

January 17, 1994 The Los Angeles Earthquake, California

20 billion damage
9000 injuries, 33 deaths

The most relevant information from that list is only 3 of those earthquakes occured in the Eastern United States

1755 east cape ann
1811 east missouri
1857 west cali
1868 west hawaii
1896 east carolina
1906 west san fran
1949 west washington
1959 west yellowstone
1964 west alaska
1965 west seattle
1975 west hawaii
1992 west cali
1994 west cali

Ok, the first earthquake that occured in the Eastern US was in 1755 (6.3)

The next Eastern earthquake was in 1812 in Missouri (8.1)

1755 to 1812 is 67 years

The 3rd earthquake occured in 1896 in South Carolina (7.6)

1812 to 1896 is 84 years

1896 to present is 115 years

So one could argue that Eastern United States is overdue for a large earthquake. However, this is not sufficient enough alone to raise an alarm.

You have to look at what is happening around the times of these Eastern US earthquakes...

1755 gave hold to the Lisbon earthquake which destroyed the entire city and claimed over 100 000 lives. Known as one of thr deadliest in history and caused incalculable damage

In 1812, Caracas was destroyed by a massive earthquake (7.7) which claimed over 20 000 deaths and also caused uncalculable material damage

In 1896, Japan was hit with it's worst earthquake (8.8) taking 22 000 lives and destroying 9000 homes
In 1897, Assam was also hit with a massive earthquake (8.1) causing little fatalities but cauging huge damage

What I believe is that the 2010 Haiti earthquake (7.0) which has killed over 300 000 people and caused uncalculable damage is an indication of an impending earthquake in the Eastern United States

I am now going to research into seeing how active the Madrid fault is and if these 2011 FEMA earthquake drills are precautionary or proactive

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

I think your title is a little bit misleading...I clicked on it thinking there
was a legit earthquake warning from the government...
Maybe you should change it to "2011 Eastern United States Earthquake Prediction"?
We don't rest on a fault line here in the Eastern US.
And I think the Madrid thing is bogus.
...Sorry to downplay your prediction though, there is a bit of truth to it...
Thanks for the info anyways.
edit on 29-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by ADUB77

I think your title is a little bit misleading...I clicked on it thinking there
was a legit earthquake warning from the government...
Maybe you should change it to "2011 Eastern United States Earthquake Prediction"?
We don't rest on a fault line here in the Eastern US.
And I think the Madrid thing is bogus.
...Sorry to downplay your prediction though, there is a bit of truth to it...
Thanks for the info anyways.
edit on 29-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

Yes, this isn't a prediction in the sense I have seen it happen

It is that the statistical probability increased 10 fold with the 2010 earthquake as all 3 Eastern US earthquakes followed or precluded other massive earthquakes around the globe

So I am warning to take necessary precautions

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
how/why do you think that the east coast is going to have an earthquake? all i saw was a short history of earthquakes in the U.S. followed by a prediction that the east coast will have an earthquake...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Even if people participate in the drill, what are the odds that these individuals will take the necessary precautions to get prepared?

I see a lot of these threads about quake predictions and sometimes wonder how seriously people take them. I would be willing to bet that the majority of people living in quake zones are unprepared for such a disaster despite the constant drills and predictions.

Some Reasons:
1. Too lazy to get prepared
2. Too poor to get prepared.
3. Believe government will be there to bail them out

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think what the OP is saying here are two things:

1. Since 1755 and present, the average time between Eastern US Earthquakes has been surpassed.

2. In each of the years there has been an Eastern US Earthquake, there has been a major one somewhere else on the planet.

Therefore, He predicts an Eastern US Earthquake is fairly imminent.

I will need to do some research on this, but with only those two facts, there is no science here, just coincidence.

Now, there are several fairly large faults in the eastern half of the US besides the well known Madrid and Charleston ones.

The Ramapo Fault Line runs through PA, NJ and NY and could cause an earthquake between 6 and 7 although it is an inactive fault line. Growing up in NJ we had several little quakes caused by this fault, nothing more than the china rattling in the cabinet, but something to think about nonetheless.
edit on 29-1-2011 by tsawyer2 because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Nothing more than a hunge, move on... and hope for the best of course :-)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
I think what the OP is saying here are two things:

1. Since 1755 and present, the average time between Eastern US Earthquakes has been surpassed.

2. In each of the years there has been an Eastern US Earthquake, there has been a major one somewhere else on the planet.

Therefore, He predicts an Eastern US Earthquake is fairly imminent.

I will need to do some research on this, but with only those two facts, there is no science here, just coincidence.

Now, there are several fairly large faults in the eastern half of the US besides the well known Madrid and Charleston ones.

The Ramapo Fault Line runs through PA, NJ and NY and could cause an earthquake between 6 and 7 although it is an inactive fault line. Growing up in NJ we had several little quakes caused by this fault, nothing more than the china rattling in the cabinet, but something to think about nonetheless.
edit on 29-1-2011 by tsawyer2 because: typo

I am not sure if mathmatics is considered science? However, the statistics are not lying, making this not just a coincidence

Your points 1 and 2 are correct and therefore this claim should be taken seriously, hence the NLE taking place in May

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
One major whole in this theory as I see it.

There are major earthquakes around the world more often than you have pointed out. And not every one of them has followed with an east coast quake.

For example...largest quake ever recorded 9.5 in 1960 -- Chile
No east coast quake following.

The same pattern follows for the remaining quakes on the top 10 highest scaled quakes.
source

It is quite easy to go back to the east coast quakes and find something devestating before hand, because they are few and far between.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
yeah that true the eastern US is overdue for a big quake new york esp but nobody is really able to pinpoint exactly when it will hit ....

iv been saying this for years . to family members and such..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77

I am not sure if mathmatics is considered science? However, the statistics are not lying, making this not just a coincidence

Your points 1 and 2 are correct and therefore this claim should be taken seriously, hence the NLE taking place in May

Mathematics is a science of course, what I was trying to say is that those two points do not make for a scientific prediction of a huge earthquake. Statistics can be used to support any point of view. That is marketing 101.

I think to make this more of a solid prediction you would need a closer correlation. If the OP discovered for example, that each eastern earthquake since 1755 was preceded by a large quake in just Lisbon for example, I'd be more intrigued with the theory. Just because there was a large quake somewhere on the planet in those same years doesn't seem to make the case. There were alot of years that a large quake occurred somewhere in the world when there wasn't an event in the eastern US.

Using those statistics, you could say that when a large earthquake occurs anywhere in the world, then most likely there won't be an event in the eastern US.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Has anyone given any thought to The New Madrid Fault line coming to life the way it is right now to the Gulf of Mexico Oil spill and them drilling into the Mantel. www.abovetopsecret.com...
There are 2 parts to watch and I highly recommend you watch all of this, both parts... This is why the military is preparing like they are. They see something they are not telling us. Something big could very well happen and people need to stop living in denial and like we are so invincible. If you screw with the Mantel, anything is possible. HOLD ON FOR THE RIDE and for GOD SAKE PREPARE !!!!!!!! MY Motto prepare for the worst pray for the best. Better to be safe then sorry !!!!!

top topics

join