It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero gravity travel within our atmosphere...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hey guys wondering if I could get some technical advice.

I was thinking of how you could travel within our atmosphere and have high manuverability, because inertia cause negative effects on the human body when the G-force increases.

So, I postuled the possibillity of creating a Zero gravity Bubble for the pilot to travel within. If you could remove the G-force from the equation you could increase manuverability of a human piloted craft.

Basically I am wondering if anyone has ony ideas on this subject.

edit on 29-1-2011 by KingAtlas because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Removing a gravitational field won't get rid of inertia. Even out in space away from strong gravity sources you will still get squashed flat if you accelerate at 100 g's.

If you have any luck creating a gravity-less bubble let us know. The guys who give out Nobel prizes might want to know as well. You'll prolly get about ten of them(Nobel prizes)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I am going to research this more.

But thanks for the information, if anyone knows anything more or why you would experience these effects inside the Zero-Gravity bubble.

Also if the G-force created by the acceleration of the craft how would it be felt, if the zero gravity bubble was negating the outside forces. because you would be floating and not in contact with anything.
edit on 29-1-2011 by KingAtlas because: (added)

Also would this even be able to negate some of the effects, or reduce them...???
edit on 29-1-2011 by KingAtlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
oops.
edit on 29-1-2011 by mrwiffler because: wrote a bunch of crap

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Read all of this:

en.wikipedia.org...

Then read this:

en.wikipedia.org...

Then this:

en.wikipedia.org...

Hope this helps. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Unfortunately, eveybody can imagine zero gravity so that is what we hear time after time on ATS for how UFOs fly and what would make a nifty "engine" for craft. What you are talking about is the need for a zero mass power plant. With that, there is no inertia problem. That would allow instant stops, starts and right-angle turns with no effects onthe craft or occupants. Anti-gravity alone would leave the occupants a bloody mass on the bulkheads in such instances.

Of course, you should understand that UFOs and our triangles have exactly those systems for their locomotive power. We know that because that is the only system that can allow such actions.

And gravity is linked to the Earth, so if you are talking about a genuine anti-gravity device, it wouldn't do much good away from Earth. With a null-mass device, you can fly to the Moon, Mars at the least, with ease.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I shouldn't have dismissed your idea so quickly. Some people believe inertia is the small amount of gravity that reaches us from the distant cosmos; planets, stars galaxies etc. The idea is that you are being pulled at from every direction so you have the tendency to stay put.

Have a look at that third link I gave you, Machs Principal.

edit on 30-1-2011 by mrwiffler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

The idea isn't that new. In science fiction, it's as least as old as Gene Roddenberry. This is exactly what the inertial dampeners in Star Trek did, so the ships wouldn't destroy themselves and the crew when performing maneuvers or going into warp.

As to how to actually accomplish this, who knows? I'm sure there's people still trying to pick away at the gravity/inertia problem. Only thing is that there's not much in the way of sufficient public proof that anybody has solved it yet.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well i put some more thought into this, figure ill explain a litle better. I have a drive system idea. to create a munuverable craft, but the high manuverabilty creates a high g- force.

What i'm thinking is basically Newtons Shell theorem.
If you could create a bubble just for the ocupants, the craft is seperate (or surrounding it).

If you could create a high density shell, I mean extremly high density, around the bubble, then theoretically you could create an area within which for all intents and purposes would be zero-g.

But... what I am trying to figure out is if inside this bubble,
while the craft is making high-g turns,
would it affect the occupants inside the bubble??

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The bubble is the problem, you would be compressed in to it. As the ship moves so does the bubble and you with it.
Why for the rest of the ship has mass so you will still have that problem, you need the bubble around the hole ship.
Like a warp bubble that bends space and gravity around the ship, so that there is no g forces on you or the ship.

Some thing like that. But there are better ways, and who needs a ship, think quantum better way to travel no ship needed.
Hay what do I know!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

Thank you, thank you!! I see !!! I am so dum ... haha okay you made my night...
Okay gtg work to do.

--- sorry brb I think...
edit on 1-2-2011 by KingAtlas because: added

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
So i was thinking if the bubble was in a vaccuum it might resolve some of the issues

I mean life suport becomes more of a problem.. but Ill work on that later haha

*Magdeburge hemisphere right, and using newtons shell theorem. *
hmmmmmm .
edit on 1-2-2011 by KingAtlas because: added

top topics

join