It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to be here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers. When I first stumbled upon this site many years ago I was in turns surprised, pleased, saddened, amused, and encouraged.

Surprised in that I could not believe that a site that encompassed so much of what I'd long suspected to be toldould exist. And yet, here it is.

Please due to the fact that there seemed to be such a wide range of people that frequently post thought provoking ideas, and fact. The ability of this community to ferret out obscure references and sources astounds me to a degree that is not normally usual. And that is definitely a good thing

Saddened by the unfortunate idiots that have managed to find their way here. Though I am certain many of them are purposeful plants in a psyop designed to make this site look like a haven for moronic fools who jump at their own shadows.

Amused by the actual idiots who don't have the sense god gave an animal cracker. Whooie, bhp here are some dumb people on the Internet.

And finally I am encouraged by the large number of obviously highly intelligent, shrewd, perceptive, and able members of this community.

I hope to be able to contribute meaningfully and in at least m own way, deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Hey there and welcome to ATS ... not too jaded and cynical I hope

See you on the boards and don't forget to have fun.

Woody

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Love your thread title
. Welcome to the boards! I hope this site continues to surprise and delight. I have found my brain gets crammed with new stuff everytime I am here.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Hi.

I am new here too. I like what you've said. I look forward to joining you in analyzing and judging the world around us in hopes of making it better.

-k8

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

No, only jaded enough to question widely held assumptions and cynical enough not think any one person on this planet has all of the answers.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by K8sarvesbarkooh

K8,

I saw your post on NARUS and I would have to say that it certainly seems as though you've done your homework.

See you on the boards !

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hi jadedANDcynical, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Oh, I know bow to have fun. Belive you me.

I also live to make fun of the idiots and rain derision down on the deserving.
edit on 29-1-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Dadgummed typos.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thank you very much, Sauron, for the welcome. I actually made it a point to read most of those threads you've linked for me already. I like to be informed and find that it makes things operate much more efficiently than otherwise.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A bit more about me than just hello...

A long time ago I began putting bits and pieces together and came to the inescapable conclusion that there are things in this world for which no rational explanation could account for. It also was obvious(to me anyway) that we as a population were being lead, coerced, bullied, lied to, and just down right treated as ignorant.

I also saw that those who are supposed to be our leaders, be it elected or hired(in the case of corporations) do not have the well-being of the majority of us high on their priority list. Any one who has worked for a company of at least moderate size can see this in decisions that are made or policies that are enacted which make no sense whatsoever to to those whom are affcted by such decisions and policies.

School was a joke and seemed to me to be purposefully designed to be mind-numbing. We're fed pre-digested pap and are expected to regurgitate utter nonsense on command. Anyone who shows individual thought is branded as a troublemaker and specific treatment is applied.

Thankfully it seems that many of us have never allowed those things to hinder our curiosity about things we are supposed to accept as fact and in this day and age of instantaneous information retrieval and communication, we've managed to puzzle out what has been hidden.

The time is coming, quite quickly, that will require strength both on an individual level as well as on the level of populations as a whole where we will have no choice but to realize that there is much more than meets the eye and that ignorance is entirely voluntary.

Deny it that foothold and help to open the eyes of those whom are within your spheres of influence.
edit on 2-2-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Blasted typos...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Today is my one year anniversary date of registration. Like many, I lurked for a a bit before taking the plunge, until a thread so piqued my interest to such a deree that I just had to post.

For me, that thread was:

Dugway Army Base on Lockdown

Man, what a year this has been.

The Arkansas (and other states) Fracking quakes, the 9.1 Tohoku Quake, Fukishima, the reported death of Bin Laden, the recognition by the USGS of Fracking induced earthquakes, reports of ground water contamination to name only a few of the major occurrences of this past year.

I've learned a LOT here from so many people.

Thank you ATS for a wonderful year and I look forward to seeing what this one brings.

new topics

top topics

join