It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Firms Role in Egypt Internet Crackdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Questions Raised About U.S. Firm

www.freepress.net

Boeing, Narus, Telecom Egypt....

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Boeing? Narus? Telecom Eygpt?: Who is their customer? The Egyptian People!!!
edit on 29-1-2011 by K8sarvesbarkooh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the thread I started (above). It was my first post, so I had to do it in the introductory section. ATS admins/mods moved it to "Other Current Events" (thx ya'll). Hoping that if I start this new thread in Breaking News that the discussion will gain more attention.

www.freepress.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by K8sarvesbarkooh

Welcome to ATS and the mad world of forums

The question is a complicated one. The Egyptian people are the customers, but of the Egyptian Government / Firms. The companies you listed however have the Egyptian Government as their customer. To me this is one of those damned if we do, damned if we dont scenarios.

If US companies go on their own and ignore the Government of Egypt, then we are seen as, once again, meddeling in a conflict we have no business being in (this is intrnal of Egypt). If we comply with the Egypian Government orders to suspend those services, its seen by the Egyptian people that we are taking sides, when we arent.

To me the only thing that could occur is to comply with the Egyptian Governments order to suspend those services, and the companies themselves let the Egyptian people know the Egyptian Government ordered it, and not the US.

edit on 29-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by K8sarvesbarkooh

I hope people take this opportunity to understand what a cooperation is.

It is global.

It controls resources.

The corporation has no boundary any longer.

They serve the western consumer which required to continue their capitalist methods.

The corporation itself controls the world.

As long as money is the primary motivator the world will stay in this cycle of crap.

Once humanity is job #1, things will change overnight for the better.

Easy.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Do you think we could do more to highlight the existence and make-up of these companies on ATS?
The executives have biographies that say a lot about what is going on in our world.

In essence, yes, they are global, but, they are also people who have names and addresses. It seems to me there is a lot of theorizing about what is going on and yet it is done without specified research on the people in position of immense power.

The boards of Narus, Saffron Inc, Reckitt Benckiser, Nalco. ...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Im sorry but before you blame the West, I would like to point out the economic monopoly OPEC has on the globe as well. This is just not a capitalist / western problem.

top topics

join