It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS censorship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Erm... I seen a few posts about ATS removing things and I always thought that it was troll thread or nonscene or something but I was a part of that a thread called "5th November 2011 the People March against the UK Government. Remember Remember"

link

I made a few post there, was nothing unusual it was about a political person avoiding tax, I was in the middle of typing a post when I hit submit and it came up you are not authorised to post here... I then checked my recent posts and clicked the link to find it was removed (404'd)

There are some moderators on her who are not directly involved with the site they are members who have been here for a while who have the power to delete threads, what does ATS do you "vet" these guys? you are getting post/threads deleted by strangers seriously! what the point of having a thread when a person who is a moderater who disagrees can just delete it

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
lol there is VET admin access???

sneaky....ninja!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Don't worry about it so much, I know I'm a new user here so I can't comment too much on what the actual moderation is like on this site, but theres probably a rational explanation for it. Going around just deleting threads for the sake of it would really damage the credibility of a website but you could always check with a moderator anyway to see what they say. I wouldn't worry too much though mate

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Sad as it is to say, everyone has a price, most anyone can be bought. I would not doubt your claim if what you say happened. This site is huge, in popularity. Just remember, "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"

P.S. Not bashing nor accusing mods/website of anything, but things ARE getting a lil fishy here.
A conspiracy, within a conspiracy, on a conspiracy website? Wouldn't that be golden.

Deebo
edit on 29-1-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Don't even get me started on the censorship here.

For a website that displays so much about killing, it's ironic that the site tries to keep things "family friendly".

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Don't even get me started on the censorship here.

For a website that displays so much about killing, it's ironic that the site tries to keep things "family friendly".

I would not be surprised if this site has been "bought out" already. The mods here are in ways, like the elite, you never hear from them, they show their faces for a split second (Jared Loghner post) and then they vanish. They don't seem to actually be a part of this site, just here to "run" it. I really hope I am wrong. But we never hear from the leaders here, except when they get excited and say "ATS is in the top 1500 websites traffic wise" POWER, MONEY, GREED. Please prove me wrong someone, I am just trying to think, critically....We don't often see epic post's made by mods, they are made by us serfs, why?

Deebo
edit on 29-1-2011 by Deebo because: Edited to correct grammar

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There was a thread deleted recently concerning area 51, dulce and underground bases which got deleted. it wasn't until the OP suggested that there were other more important bases that the thread got deleted.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

I dunno, the mods do make some pretty good threads, but the admins are probably the worst. They just pop out of the woodwork and then start raving about something that's not even worth raving about and then everyone here just stars and flags their post and, in a sense, fellates them.

I guess now I wait for someone to come in and say "nurrrgh if u dont lyk it dnt come here!!111".

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
How about i got deducted 500 points(whatever that matters)and a warning for trying to post info from a site i didnt know was blocked????

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If there is any kind of censorship, whatsoever, than that is a major red flag in my book. This is the last place you would expect to have any kind of censorship going on.

Deebo

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Watch this thread get locked.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
shouldn't it be the poster who would have to worrie about legal and other ramifications and not the site itself?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Has ATS been bought out? Obviously. This site has surged in popularity and membership within the last year exponentially. More money for the owners, who, at the end of the day- are just trying to run a business. I think most Mods here are just that- forum moderators. However, I have read some very entertaining and informative threads by a few of them. Are they censoring topics/discussions when it is not necessary? Absolutely. That is one of the byproducts of making this site "family friendly". TnC galore. On the other hand, I have been on many other sites that discussions get derailed very easily by cursing/flaming/pissing matches. So I guess you have to accept some cons with the pros. I have heard some speculation that ATS is actually a COINTELPRO site, not sure what to make of it. There always seems to be a conspiracy within a conspiracy within a conspiracy. I just take everything with a grain of salt, and try to keep an open mind.
PEACE

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

a thread called "5th November 2011 the People March against the UK Government. Remember Remember"

as i understand it you can't post that sort of thing [ come join this march/protest, or "calling all ATS, lets march/storm congress"]

the dulce thread if i'm not mistaken was something in that vein.

not sucking up or anything but if i were a mod and i knew certain subjects/posts could bring on some heavy government attention,or violence, against everyone who posted on a thread i'd shut it down too.

any way a mod should be here shortly to clear things up.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RainDog

There always seems to be a conspiracy within a conspiracy within a conspiracy. I just take everything with a grain of salt, and try to keep an open mind.

yup, paranoia can cut both ways.

new topics

top topics

join