It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looters break into Cairo Museum of Antiquities and damage 2 mummies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
this was taken of the bbc website in an article talking about how the leaders of the us,uk,france and germany have asked for president mubarak to show restraint towards the protesters in Egypt.

""Despite an impromptu guard made up of volunteers, at least two looters managed to get into Cairo's museum of antiquities, damaging some of the exhibits.

"They were able, these two people to enter the Cairo museum from the [roof] and they destroyed two mummies and they opened one case," said Zahi Hawass, secretary general of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities.""

I wonder if any of the treasures will dissapear, what are other peoples thoughts on this?

heres a link www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
idiots, there's always some people to act stupid, what purpose does looting and damaging the mummies have with regards to their protest? I say it's just a bunch of a holes jumpin on the band wagon of the riots, or some government plants to make people call for more severe actions.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
First off, i would hate to end up ina museum with people staring at my coffin....and then having people break in and mess up my corpse? Whatever happened to Rest In Peace?

Freaking people, i hope that those mummies come back and haunt them.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
ahh violation of antiques and pricless peices of history that cannot be replaced ! This sucks ! i havent even had a chance to se them yet and i been trying to save up but no luck

Always these punk kids that get mixed up with he rest of the more reasonable mature protestors . Hopefully is booby trapped and they have good security . But is not looking good.

How many of you would loot to get a pricless peaice of history ? For your self to hang up on your wall or sell... Would you do it ATS?!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuirOverrun
First off, i would hate to end up ina museum with people staring at my coffin....and then having people break in and mess up my corpse? Whatever happened to Rest In Peace?

Freaking people, i hope that those mummies come back and haunt them.

Forget that I would like to know who would actually go up and touch a 3000-5000 year old anything let alone a body.
I would be so afraid of getting so unknown or incurable germs.

I could understand taking something from the 100 or 200 years but a touching let alone damaging a 3000 + year old dead body f no.

top topics

join