It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello everyone!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hello ATS, just wanted to introduce myself to you and hopefully meet a lot of like-minded people

My name is Joel, I'm 23 and from England. I've been browsing the ATS topics for quite some time without an account, I used to find it really interesting read a lot of general news topics that maybe slipped under the radar and some of the more mainstream conspiracy theory topics. I suppose my main reason I haven't created an account until now (And I suppose it still sort of stands in a way..) is that I I like reading a lot of topics but with some of the bigger ones, I sometimes feel a little bit intimidated (Haha, God, I know it might seem silly considering it's only an Internet messageboard!) but some people seem so clued up on everything, I'm like

I'm hoping it'll be a little bit different now though as I'm currently off work for the next 3-4 months because of my broken leg so I'm hoping I can mainly research some more and I hope to get involved a little bit more with the community.
I suppose some more information about me though - I love football/soccer - Thats actually how I got my injury, double leg break from a nasty tackle - I'm into videogames, movies, I do try to play the piano a lot but I've had to cancel lessons too from not being able to get into town. I used to speak a little bit Italian from a college course and my proudest achievement is probably going to meet one of my penpals abroad (Felt absolutly scared to death going by myself but at the same time, I felt it make me a stronger person)
Sorry if it's a little bit long but introduction topics I dins pretty hard to do. Thanks for reading anyway and hope to meet some nice people on here!

Joel.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Forestieri

Hi Joel, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hello pal , good luck have fun play safe use condoms !

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply Sauron and for all of those links too, hopefully won't need too much help but I'll have a quick look through them

I do have a quick question though if anyone could answer it - You know if I want to post in a topic and I'm typing a reply, is there any sort of option to open up the original thread in another tab for reference when replying? I know it might sound a bit weird how I've explained it but something similar to the GameFAQ forums if any of you have used those? Or is it easier just to right-click and reply in a new tab?

And thanks for the advice Chucky - Gotta get myself a girlfriend first but I'll heed your advice when I do

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Forestieri

"you know if I want to post in a topic and I'm typing a reply, is there any sort of option to open up the original thread in another tab for reference when replying?"

Right click post reply and go to open link in new tab or new window

join