It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt (video): Army intervenes to protect protesters from police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Don't let us keep you from your videogames.....get that head back in the sand so you don't have to take anything seriously.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The military there is in a hard place. They're still technically under the authority of the government and it's orders to stop the violence. Yet in most countries soldiers swear to protect the people when they enlist. (Or are drafted even, some countries still do that.) Also, how could one ever go home again on leave if they took arms against the greater populous? Not all military bases are that isolated from surrounding communities, so often friends and family would be among protesters and rioters in the crowd. Going AWOL also has it's societal and legal repercussions, so that could bite you in the butt depending on how the situation turns out.

It sucks to be a soldier in that position, so getting in the middle and showing restraint while keeping both sides from clashing is about the most they can do. You'd have to respect them for that.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Don't let us keep you from your videogames.....get that head back in the sand so you don't have to take anything seriously.

What does that have to do with anything? Just because I point out(the obvious) that armour isn't heaviest in the rear(laughable) I've somehow stuck my head in the sand? WHAT?

In all reality I didn't learn it from video games, I learned it by applying common sense.
Now, you try.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

BS However your statements are clear as to what side your on. The Police side. I am for the people because they were out gunned due to their lack of rights to protect themselves. The Army steps in to aide because YES they don't want any trouble or anyone to get hurt. They want them all to go home and sleep nice and sound and accept their fate. If I had Tanks or Armored vehicles pointing at me I KNOW I wouldn't consider them to be friendly. But hey thats just me.....HOORAH!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Apparently the United States has made it clear to the Egyptians that a blood bath is unacceptable.
hmm.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

So I see that in the news as well. We can't even save our own nation...Yet we are willing to step in and save someone else's. Do we have another war on our hands? Afterall war does boost our economy. Why don't you read a little bit about some real politics that I posted a couple days ago. It's that mentality that produces and generates War no matter the cost to everyday people.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join