It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of thousands of crows roosting where they shouldn't be...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just adding something I saw about 2 weeks ago. I don't usually see a large murder of crows around here (northern NM) the most I've seen is about 20 perhaps. Well, I saw over 100 crows fly over my house flying southeast, it was very unusual for me.

Also I saw about 500 geese, 3 different species, all land in a field nearby (about 10 acres) they seemed to be milling about. I've never seen that many geese flock together during this time of the year (and there's a wildlife refuge 10 miles away).

Maybe unusual for me, but in the grand scheme of things perhaps not at all. Who knows...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
I see snow on the ground, but did not catch where you are. My brother in east central Illinois told me that they have had snow on the ground almost always since Thanksgiving Day. That has never been the case in over 70 years. That is a tragedy for many animals. They can't outlast severe, extended weather...

I just wanted say that I grew up in North Central Illinois (DeKalb area). When I was young there was snow on the ground during Halloween that stuck still spring. Then it became a rain that was almost on every Halloween. And after that, It turned to 70 degrees every Halloween. That was during the course of 20 years and I have lived out of state for 10 years now so I can't attest to the conditions there during the last 10, but I can tell you that there has been snow on the ground many times in October.

As for the birds, it's an impressive gathering. I am waiting for the last thing to happen to close out January with a bang; it has been pretty weird non-stop since it began. So whatever is gonna happen should hurry up already, because we only have a few hours left until February.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So it appears there is something about January and crows. I know right now it's mid December, but last night, I was looking out my window, it was near midnight. I am located (somewhere) in the far NorthWestern MidWest US. And right outside my window are circling and circling hundreds of crazy acting noisy crows.

It looked like sheer madness! Whats up with that.

At least they didn't tap tap on my window, like they did with Edgar allen Poe. Nevermore!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Hey at least when SHTF, you'll have something to eat. I heard they taste like chicken.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

These crows have been doing this every night for abouts the past 10 days or so. It's like they want to come in and git me! Makes me think of Alfred Hitchcock's 'The Birds' with Tipi Hedrin
Maybe I should wave kitchen cookware at them...........
edit on 15-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: x

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join