It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the US equivilant to the Egyptian Police?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If riots started in america, who are the people that dress in riot gear and bash the protesters in the US? is it a private company? or is it a section of the military that I've never heard of? Or is it just the local police? Just wondering.

From what I understand the police force in Egypt is part of the main government.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Just the local police.

If it was beyond their ability to control, maybe the National Guard.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The special forces and snipers who have probably killed a lot of protestors in Egypt are probable comparable to SWAT?
edit on 29-1-2011 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If riots started in America... Mmm i think it should of said.. when they start ! Only a matter of time my friend. Food , fuel, finance is gonna be a problem there soon ! Does it matter whos wearing the gear ? They are still gonna beat the hell out of you ! Good luck !

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They can't use the military on the population by the constitution.That being said they can use the local cops,county sherriffs,state troopers, and the rent a gestapo like blackwater. Just for debates sake here's a video link for a weapon developed by blackwater. www.youtube.com... . Now what do you think they made this for???????

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Come on, guys. Know your history!

On Monday, May 4, 1970, members of the Ohio National Guard fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds at unarmed Kent State University students, killing four students and wounding nine others.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by discuzz
Come on, guys. Know your history!

On Monday, May 4, 1970, members of the Ohio National Guard fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds at unarmed Kent State University students, killing four students and wounding nine others.

My God , I never new this. Hmm Amercica's dark secrets.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I beleive it's a great time to start a uprising now. Obama has been blabbing he is with the protesters( yeah right) if this happened on his white house door step, there would be a very violent response from the police. And due to the unrest around the world, the new age news sites( like this one) will exspose them. Know what i am saying.
A flood only starts with one spot of rain. V

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Not really a secret. This was very widely reported at the time, and is a well known, and well documented event.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I never said that the government obeyed the constitution.How free do you feel. Been to the airport to have your rights violated lately.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A little revolution , once in a while is a good thing

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Actually, when my wife is gone for extended periods of time, I like to visit the airport just for that violation. If you paid them for it, you would be arrested for soliciting prostitution.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
A little revolution , once in a while is a good thing

Well it is how the country was founded.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
They sent the National Guard overseas didn't they?

Every town you enter around here there is a sign that says: "Thank you deployed SD National Guard."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Not all of them. Some states have sent a greater percentage of them than other states. However, I know dozens of people who are in the National Guard in multiple states. Of all of those people, only 6 or 8 are currently deployed.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk
reply to post by lonegurkha

Actually, when my wife is gone for extended periods of time, I like to visit the airport just for that violation. If you paid them for it, you would be arrested for soliciting prostitution.

Thanks for the laugh best one I've had in a while.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk
reply to post by rigel4

Not really a secret. This was very widely reported at the time, and is a well known, and well documented event.

Of course. But there's an addendum dating from October 2010. This guy:

Terry Norman was a paid informer and was photographing protesters for the FBI. He carried a .38, had a press card issued by the Guard, and brought his own gas mask.

Four bullets from his gun were found to be fired.

You can read more and listen to the audio here:
www.cleveland.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by discuzz

hmm sounds just about the truth to me. Sadly not enough real evidence ,but enough to convince me.
edit on 29-1-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Convince you of what?

There are still unanswered questions about Norman's role in the incident. Norman admitted to positioning himself between the Guardsmen and the protestors and throwing rocks at the students. He claimed to have thrown two or three rocks, but Masterson put the number at closer to "half a dozen, a dozen". Captain John Martin said that he had also noticed Norman throwing rocks and had asked himself, "What is this idiot doing?". It is unclear whether Norman was acting on the behest of his employers in the campus police or FBI, or acting on his own accord.

It is also unclear why the FBI initially lied to the public when it claimed to have no relationship with Norman, and why they had announced that his gun had never been fired, when the FBI lab report indicated that it had been fired since its last cleaning. The lab was unable to ascertain where or when the gun had been fired.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join