It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-Like Clouds Linked to Military Maneuvers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Here is a recent picture of not one but three "cloud hole punches." I am curious how long this phenomenon has been going on, as in what is the earliest photos of these? We have meteorological, military and conspiracy(HAARP) to choose from as an explanation.

Three nearly identical, UFO-like cloud formations recently appeared over Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, sparking online discussions linking the features to everything from the Second Coming to recent mass bird deaths to secret military experiments.

At least one scientist believes the so-called hole-punch clouds have a military explanation, though it may not be quite what conspiracy theorists expect.

I cannot recall seeing any pics of more than one of these at a time, how bout' you guys?

Hole-punch clouds are miniature snowstorms that can occur in thin, subfreezing cloud layers.
The lack of fine particles, such as dust, in the clouds means water droplets have little to condense around, so they don't turn to ice until the cloud hits about minus 38 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 36 degrees Celsius).
"Basically, the water molecules become sluggish enough at this temperature to form their own cluster of ice that produces an ice crystal spontaneously," according to ice microphysicist Andrew Heymsfield.
When airplanes ascend into this type of cloud, the rearward force created by propellers or by air forced over wings causes air to expand.

Okay, I'll buy it, but it is not definitive for me. I would like to se a vid of the actual occurrence of these things.

But why three together?
"The hole sizes and the structure of the snow falling out of the holes suggest that all three holes were made at nearly the same time," he said. "My suspicion is that military aircraft were flying in formation or one behind the other."

news.nationalgeographic.com...
Again, I'm not sure how unique 3 at a time is. The perfect circle is what throws me off of the "natural" explanation, but then again, perfect circles are part of nature too. They still look like disc shaped "holes" to me, and until I see a vid of the formation of one of these, I will still entertain the possibility of ufo, whether ours or theirs.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing this out. I saw an example of this the other day and thought I should take a picture also but didnt. Great research, excelet!! Thanks!!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have only seen the larger single ones. This is an interesting photo.

Thanks for posting...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
S&F for the lovely pics

however may not be ET
could be one of these:

Sylphs

There have been a number of photographs of a very large sylph totally enveloping Mount Shasta, Mauna Kea and Mount Fuji. These are sacred mountains that have had pictures taken of halo or lenticular clouds sitting on their peaks. Since these clouds look like UFO, they have also been called "cloud-ships".

A Textbook Description of Elementals (& Sylphs)

Sylphs & Chemtrails

i have to make the disclaimer that i have never seen one, physically.

however i was "abducted"/taken on the wild hunt once during an AP [awesome experience!!!]

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
AHA!!!!

Three nearly identical, UFO-like cloud formations recently appeared over Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, sparking online discussions linking the features to everything from the Second Coming to recent mass bird deaths to secret military experiments.

they may be cleaning/healing/getting rid of something nasty up there
and 3 big ones may mean that some very nasty CT/aerial toxins are around

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
A fantastic photograph. Thank you for posting it so all can see it. I love being on the water so I have devoted considerable time to watching the weather since my life could depend on it. If I saw a sky like this while out sailing I would call it a day and go tie up. It looks to me like the cloud layer was punched through from above by something. If it is a punch through of energy I would not want to be near it when it occurs. I wonder if this could be a bird killing type event captured?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
more pics here:

IMHO claims this is military are disinfo to set you up to generate negative feelings towards them

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
@ hybirdkate - You are welcome kate, and thank you also.

@ whyamihere - Thank you too why, yea 3 at a time is kinda trippy and I wonder just how unique it is.

@ WarmSun - Sailing huh? Sounds delightful! Never been, but on my bucket list for sure. The bird connection I am unsure about. I am leaning towards weather anomaly or some type of advanced craft of ours. Thank you for the comment.

peace,
spec

edit on 29-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Hey there DLE, not much of a believer in the sylph thing, colorful though

Yes, those various links take us down whichever path we choose. I checked em' all out of curiosity, and with the absence of absolute proof, the speculation can linger in the wild. I want to see one in the making. Thanks for the additional pics too

Peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

you're welcome.

yeah some of the speculations are pretty whack.

like i said i met mine on the astral plane, I've never physically seen/experienced them, but your photo kinda jumped out at me [they kinda look like jellyfish, don't they]

did a google images search on cloudships and picked a few that weren't rods, most the other images seem more like paredolia IMO. I'd have to be in the presence of one or actually see one in the sky to be sure.

edit on 29-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional clarification

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I never heard of sylphs. Thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

you're welcome the first pic they look like jellyfish don't you think?

top topics

join